PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Ultimate Colts Season ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamBam39

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I was just thinking, wouldn't it be the perfect epitome of what the Colts are all about if they went undefeated during the regular season and then lost their first playoff game? hah! that would be perfect!

it would emphasize how great they are during the regular season, and it would also emphasize how much they struggle in the playoffs!
I think that if this happened Polian, Dungy, & Manning would just about lose thier minds!

I can see it being a real possibility. I know, I know, everyone's gonna say they will lose either this week to the donkeys or next week to us, but I'm just saying that suppose they win each of those games? They COULD go undefeated, they were getting close last year, and then if they turned around and lost the first playoff game - that would just be so delicious!

SamBam39 said:
...it would emphasize how great they are during the regular season, and it would also emphasize how much they struggle in the playoffs!

I think that has been illustrated well this century. Even without them going undefeated in the reg season. I'm hoping they win today (did I really just write that?) so the Pats can end their streak. :D

I think the point got across last year.

Its no secret the NFL league office has it bad for Peyton Manning and the Colts. They will do whatever it takes to see that the Colts are in a Superbowl soon. Peyton is the most popular player in the NFL and like it or not, he gets high game ratings and huge $$$ advertisement exposure. The NFL is all about the mighty dollar and will do whatever it takes to get the most popular players and teams in the Superbowl.

Its really pathetic but Its the way things get done these days in the NFL.

Michael said:
I think that has been illustrated well this century. Even without them going undefeated in the reg season. I'm hoping they win today (did I really just write that?) so the Pats can end their streak. :D

Imagine if the pats ended the colts undefeated season, and then ended the bears undefeated season?

it could happen!

SamBam39 said:
Imagine if the pats ended the colts undefeated season, and then ended the bears undefeated season?

it could happen!
What a delicious thought!!!

FloridaPatsFan said:
Its no secret the NFL league office has it bad for Peyton Manning and the Colts.

And yet the Colts have to face the Broncos and the Patriots on the road two straight weeks.;)

Miguel said:
And yet the Colts have to face the Broncos and the Patriots on the road two straight weeks.;)

big deal.

that doesn't change the perception that the league would like to see the colts in the superbowl for revenue & marketing purposes.

are you a colts sympathiser?
cuz you'll have no company amongst pats fans.
saying your just realistic and not a homer doesn't fly.
there's no doubt the league favors a colts superbowl.

Here's hoping they fall short again come playoff time,
no matter who thinks otherwise.

SamBam39 said:
saying your just realistic and not a homer doesn't fly
Afer last year's unbeaten start and subsequent choke/flop and all the years before, how can anyone be a Colts sympathizer AND be realistic at the same time?

Haven't we seen enough of the Red Sox over the years winning early and folding down the stretch do recognize the pattern?

Off-season: This year is going to be great

first have of season: I told you. Look at us go!

second half off season: Just hold on. A few more games, please!

end of season: Jg$he@ty she*oy &$hf#!!

After world series: Just wait until next year. We'll show'em!

SamBam39 said:

it could happen!
I think the Bears will lose at NY Giants prior to coming ot Foxboro.

SamBam39 said:
big deal.

that doesn't change the perception that the league would like to see the colts in the superbowl for revenue & marketing purposes.

are you a colts sympathiser?
cuz you'll have no company amongst pats fans.
saying your just realistic and not a homer doesn't fly.
there's no doubt the league favors a colts superbowl.

That's your opinion. I have my opinion. We will have to agree to disagree.

FloridaPatsFan said:
Its no secret the NFL league office has it bad for Peyton Manning and the Colts. They will do whatever it takes to see that the Colts are in a Superbowl soon. Peyton is the most popular player in the NFL and like it or not, he gets high game ratings and huge $$$ advertisement exposure.
Look, I understand if you just want to hate the Colts and not listen to anyone disagree, but I just don't see any significant evidence for what you are saying. Manning has been the most popular guy for years now and where has that gotten the Colts? Nowhere. Could you list some actual instances where the league favored the Colts? (OTHER than the defensive pass interference rule emphasis two years ago, I don't agree that was solely pro-Colts but let's not debate that here or it will take over this thread.)

I agree that the Colts choked at every playoff game in the recent past. But, what is wrong is giving them credit for a great game during the regular reason?

They went to Denver (a team that handily beat us AT HOME) and won by scoring 33 points against a stout defense. Period.

That by itself is a great achivement and IMHO, they deserve to be praised.

(Actually, they deserve to be praised more because in case we beat them, it might play a role in the playoff ranking. But wait, why am I not following BB's philosophy: one game at a time?? So, let me get tense for tonight's game and worry about the next game tomorrow.)

GO PATS!

godef said:
I think the Bears will lose at NY Giants prior to coming ot Foxboro.

I agree that that is very probable.
I agree with Dennis Green - they are who they thought they were - which is very beatable.

superbowl title will go to one of these three teams:
Colts
Broncos
Patriots

mark it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes