PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The U-H 3-round mock....Pats picks

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only concern I have with Groves is his playing weight. I heard he was down to 249 lbs for his pro day, which seems a bit lightweight for our OLBs. If he plays at his combine weight, and moves as efficiently, I'm sold.

He was coming off the flu at that Pro Day, which might have effected his weight. The "Anniston Star" when noting Groves Pro Day numbers put "249lbs" next to his name, but I don't know that they weren't simply using his profile weight, in place of his actual weight (that does happen). But, that doesn't really matter, as he was 259lbs at the Combine, when he posted those agility/speed results.

Concerning the poster who's in favor of Avril, I'll take the player who's more comparable to DeMarcus Ware (Groves), over the player who could be a possible Shaun Phillips clone (Avril), especially since Avril's pass rush isn't quite as good.

Recap:
Q Groves
A Cason
J Goff
Q Demps

I think they go with the following:

1. CB Mike Jenkins, USF
Arguably the top DB available. Best combination of ball skills + footwork.

2. OLB/DE Marcus Howard, UGA
Under the radar. 10 sacks last season. Top speed in draft class.

I think they go with the following:

1. CB Mike Jenkins, USF
Arguably the top DB available. Best combination of ball skills + footwork.

2. OLB/DE Marcus Howard, UGA
Under the radar. 10 sacks last season. Top speed in draft class.

Hey Troll, please stop pasting the same thing into 5 different threads over, and over again. Especially when it doesn't make all that much sense to begin with.

Concerning the poster who's in favor of Avril, I'll take the player who's more comparable to DeMarcus Ware (Groves), over the player who could be a possible Shaun Phillips clone (Avril), especially since Avril's pass rush isn't quite as good.

Excellent point. I agree whole heartedly.

I'm liking Avril more than Groves, so if the Pats can trade down to 15 for Groves, they might as well trade down further and take Avril and Cason.

I'm not sure they wouldn't take both Avril and Groves. From what I've seen and read, Avril and Keglar look to be the two most promising coverage LBs in the draft. We could definitely use one of them. Must be something in the water on campus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back