PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Tyree catch, or the not crying over spilt milk thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to make the connection between that catch and milk being spilled, but i just don't see it.

I've spilled plenty of cups of milk, and i found those experiences to be way less devastating than the Tyree catch.

I'm trying to make the connection between that catch and milk being spilled, but i just don't see it.

I've spilled plenty of cups of milk, and i found those experiences to be way less devastating than the Tyree catch.

:D Good one... I could not come up with a better analogy...

P64, i don't think you understand mourning.
Not all of us have quite gotten over it.

For all i know, some of us may never get over it.
Be embarrassed, if you, wish when you stumble upon one of us weeping in the corner.

But have the decency to leave us alone.
Or someone may bite your face off.

Pathetic.

z

I wont watch the super bowl, not till feb 1st 2009,but those dumb si commericals show the tyre catch.. Does anyone feel that the ball hit the ground before tyree??? I know its pointless,but Im still trying to find a way we did not lose that game.. :mad:

I know where you're coming from (believe me, it's even harder living in Manhattan where people who didn't know Eli from Osi six months ago are sporting brand new Giants caps).

I'm reminded of Teddy Bruschi's quote after he stripped the ball from Dominic Rhodes in the 2004/05 Division Game: "I wanted the ball more than he did."

To me, the hard truth is that Tyree wanted the ball more than our guys wanted to knock it loose; Eli wanted to evade the sack more than our guys wanted to sack him; the Giants pass rushers wanted to get to TB more than our line wanted to stop them.

Time to move on. Draft coming up. New season ahead.

Last edited:
I know where you're coming from (believe me, it's even harder living in Manhattan where people who didn't know Eli from Osi six months ago are sporting brand new Giants caps).

I'm reminded of Teddy Bruschi's quote after he stripped the ball from Dominic Rhodes in the 2004/05 Division Game: "I wanted the ball more than he did."

To me, the hard truth is that Tyree wanted the ball more than our guys wanted to knock it loose; Eli wanted to evade the sack more than our guys wanted to sack him; the Giants pass rushers wanted to get to TB more than our line wanted to stop them.

Time to move on. Draft coming up. New season ahead.

I dont live to far ,because there are alot of Gmen fan around pa.. I think Im good then you walk around a mall and see shirts like 18-1 not good enough, or no so perfect.. just suddle reminders of what could have been..

There is a bright side the more you think about it, you dont have to spend alot of money on perfection merchandise.. :)

Can't change the past. It's stupid wasting energy on this. The pats have been to the SB 4 times in the last 7 years and have 3 rings...that's a lot more impressive then what any other NFL team has been able to do this decade. Thank god the draft is only a few weeks away.

I dont live to far ,because there are alot of Gmen fan around pa.. I think Im good then you walk around a mall and see shirts like 18-1 not good enough, or no so perfect.. just suddle reminders of what could have been..

There is a bright side the more you think about it, you dont have to spend alot of money on perfection merchandise.. :)

I think the whole 18-1 as an insult is kind of funny. people are such losers.

Yeah it will, but the more I saw the catch, I thought it was worth talking about.. Did it stop the Giants pass rush from getting to tom brady, no, but its just a alot of what ifs, and again the magnitude of this game and what it ment to history is something that just cant be forgotten.

Yeah and I am sitting here depressed today just thinking...

If only Tony Eason played the whole game against Chicago in SB 20
or
If only the Patriots special teams could have stopped Green Bay's Desmond Howard in SB 31.......

(Of course this is sarcasm)

Last edited:
Yeah it will, but the more I saw the catch, I thought it was worth talking about.. Did it stop the Giants pass rush from getting to tom brady, no, but its just a alot of what ifs, and again the magnitude of this game and what it ment to history is something that just cant be forgotten.

or
If only the Patriots special teams could have stopped Green Bay's Desmond Howard in SB 31.......

or

Actually Im more upset Grogan did not start the game:D

P64, i don't think you understand mourning.
Not all of us have quite gotten over it.

For all i know, some of us may never get over it.
Be embarrassed, if you, wish when you stumble upon one of us weeping in the corner.

But have the decency to leave us alone.
Or someone may bite your face off.

Uhhhhh... WHAT?

I'm with Slash on this one...

I saw that play a couple of days ago for the first time since the Superbowl... That catch and that play was nothing short of an act of God...

Re: The Tyre catch , or the not crying over spilt milk thread

It's likely that the name Tyree comes from the adjective Tyrian for people from one of the oldest continous cities (5,000 years) in existence - Tyre, Lebanon, whose name means "rock;" which is just what David Tyree was for the Gints on their winning drive.

I like this post. Makes me want to do research.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye