Welcome to PatsFans.com

The Two Obamas

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by otis p. driftwood, Jun 20, 2008.

1. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/20/o...em&ex=1214107200&en=98dbf7f8bae1fe38&ei=5087

2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +492 / 20 / -17

Well, from David Brooks, no surprise. Obama's campaign is handling things very well. I think it's so successful because it's built around Obama's strengths, and Obama let's the campaign do what's necessary to win the election. We can certainly find parallels to his campaign's actions in the actions of previous campaigns on both sides. Either Brooks is naive, which I strongly doubt, or he's being disingenuous pretending to be surprised that Obama knows how one must play today's politics.

Let's remember that already the right has gotten into the MSM rumors and lies about Obama's birth day, his wife using the word "whitey," Obama attending a fundamentalist Muslim school, Obama's middle name suggesting something for nefarious, that he was sworn in as a Senator on the Koran, that he won't say the pledge of allegiance, that he's in bed with terrorists like Ayers, and so on.

Given the right's lack of honor when it comes to playing politics, is it any surprise that the Democrats will respond as needed? No one is going to be fooled when the righties act indignant, not after all the sh!t the right has been pulling for the last few elections.

3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +738 / 17 / -19

#24 Jersey

As opposed to statements of undeniable fact whenever a Liberal writes anything :rolleyes:

4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +992 / 2 / -9

Praise Jesus The Christ

5. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Yeah, like first of all David Brooks is a fire-breathing conservative type...he's the token non-lefty at the Times for chrissakes...

Secondly, I actually posted it because when I read the line about Fast Eddie the sharp elbowed Chicago politician, it made me think of some recent comments you yourself, Patters, have made about Obama and his toughness etc.

6. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +492 / 20 / -17

Yes, and in effect, I've been saying that for quite awhile. I could have supported Hillary, but when I saw what an effective and original campaign (original in a tactical sense) that Obama was running, I made up my mind and decided to back him.

7. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

a. paul............ Stop making fun of the "pooh crew", and that's an order :singing:

[​IMG]