PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The truth about the PatsFans draft experts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so jealous. Maybe one day I can be as cool as you are. Congratulations for living in an arts district. You may want to take your rectum to the doctor's office and get tested for strange diseases.

lmao wow that was funny lol

AC - It's funny you mention about people talking positively about McCorty. Last night, you had people like Deus Irae and The Dynasty calling the pick idiotic and bad all because they didn't understand it.

I will admit that I have no true opinion on it. I've stopped investing, emotionally, in picks because I saw that it wasn't worth it. Yet, when I point out the reality to people like Deus and The Dynasty (that they don't know how the Patriots actually do their ratings and that they don't know how the guys were in their interviews, I get told that I am a homer and living in a fantasy world.

It's kinda funny because Deus is usually a voice of reason, but it's clear that when it comes to McCorty or even the draft, he's in LaLa land.

As I stated, repeatedly, the pick was lousy in a vacuum. I have not denigrated the player. I have noted that I had CB as a position of need. I have noted that I expect the rest of the draft to make the pick look better.

As I kept trying to tell you last night, you were completely missing the point of my commentary because you were so hung up on your position. That still seems to be the case.

DE
OLB
ILB
CB
TE
OG

Those were my listed positions of greatest need. Why the hell would I be pissed off about the team addressing one of them?

Last edited:
And, once again, you get it wrong. As I stated, repeatedly, the pick was lousy in a vacuum. I have not denigrated the player. I have noted that I had CB as a position of need. I have noted that I expect the rest of the draft to make the pick look better.

As I kept trying to tell you last night, you were completely missing the point of my commentary because you were so hung up on your position.

DE
OLB
ILB
CB
TE
OG

Those were my listed positions of greatest need. Why the hell would I be pissed off about the team addressing one of them?

I didn't get anything wrong about your blabbering last night and I never said you denigrated the player. There you go again attempting to attrribute things to others that don't exist. You did it last night and you're doing it again. Must be how you think you actually win arguments.

Why were you pissed off? Gee,. Why don't you tell everyone why you were calling the pick IDIOTIC? And don't try and play it off and spin it like you usually do.

I have no opinion on the pick. That said, looking at history (Mankins) it will probably turn out to be a good one.

Let me just say...all you nerds crying about the draft, and trying to come of as some sort of "experts", make me laugh. The truth: none of you have any clue what you're talking about and if you do call out a player who becomes an all-pro it was either: 1.) luck or 2.) Obvious (ex: saying Earl Thomas is going to be a stud - etc).

If there is one thig Belichick is pretty good at, it's drafting in the first round.

if anything, belichick is good at trading OUT of the first round.

btw, you have no clue. BB is not some draft genius that hits on every pick. He makes plenty of mistakes.

AC - It's funny you mention about people talking positively about McCorty. Last night, you had people like Deus Irae and The Dynasty calling the pick idiotic and bad all because they didn't understand it.

I will admit that I have no true opinion on it. I've stopped investing, emotionally, in picks because I saw that it wasn't worth it. Yet, when I point out the reality to people like Deus and The Dynasty (that they don't know how the Patriots actually do their ratings and that they don't know how the guys were in their interviews, I get told that I am a homer and living in a fantasy world.

It's kinda funny because Deus is usually a voice of reason, but it's clear that when it comes to McCorty or even the draft, he's in LaLa land.

I've stopped investing, emotionally, in picks because I saw that it wasn't worth it.

You know this is actually a good point? But I still smells "Team Rebuild" with his roster selections over the last year both Draft and FA. It seems 2010 is not a priority with BB. Is 2012 and 2013 the target to have the Pats more competitive?
Even you have to agree with me that some deals like a Boldin, Wembly or even a Marshall would have allowed us to improve in 2010. Can anyone on this board say that Patten, Lewis, Murell, Crumpler and some JAG DT they took day before yesterday along with a fading Holt.......and now to top it off with a CB project that for now is an ST guy, have made a statement that the Pats mean serious business in 2010? Yes there is still the remainder of this "Draft will save the World" events for the "Stepford Pats Fans", but I am not wrong about maneuvering some of these picks for available ready decent players that can help.......... in actually 2010.
DW Toys

lmao wow that was funny lol

I can't stand people who come onto a message board and try to tell everyone who is a regular that they are "nerds" or "dorks". Usually, the person doing that has some major, MAJOR issues with his or her social life.

I didn't get anything wrong about your blabbering last night and I never said you denigrated the player. There you go again attempting to attrribute things to others that don't exist. You did it last night and you're doing it again. Must be how you think you actually win arguments.

Why were you pissed off? Gee,. Why don't you tell everyone why you were calling the pick IDIOTIC? And don't try and play it off and spin it like you usually do.

1.) It was obvious that you got it wrong. You just repeated the same mistake in this thread, for crying out loud.

2.) I wasn't pissed off. I called the pick idiotic IN A VACUUM, because there are greater needs and they haven't been addressed. I'm not sure how you keep missing that. Then again, refer to my point #1 above.

It's a message board. The people offering their opinion of the pick are doing precisely what should be expected of people on a message board. The people posting to make fun of those people shouldn't be posting on message boards at all, since they either think they are too cool to do so (you nerds...), or they're not smart enough to figure out what a message board is about.

By the way, "obvious" doesn't exist in the NFL draft. Just ask any number of teams that have drafted busts in the top 5.

^

This.

Fans should be allowed to give their opinion, good or bad.

Of course, every topic with a negative opinion appears to have one star next to it.

1.) It was obvious that you got it wrong. You just repeated the same mistake in this thread, for crying out loud.

2.) I wasn't pissed off. I called the pick idiotic IN A VACUUM, because there are greater needs and they haven't been addressed. I'm not sure how you keep missing that. Then again, refer to my point #1 above.

So basically, you're saying that the pick is only good if it's not inside this...

vacuum_cleaner.jpg

...to which point I'll respond and ask you what the hell the pick was even doing on the floor in the first place.

Again. I didn't miss a damn thing. You just keep right on trying to spin your way out of it. Better yet. Go back and read your blabbering from list night because you kept calling it idiotic after that initial post. You also went out of your way to misquote me at least 3 times. So, forgive me if I put NO STOCK in your excuses.

^

This.

Fans should be allowed to give their opinion, good or bad.

Of course, every topic with a negative opinion appears to have one star next to it.

What you and Deus seem to forget is that others are entitled to voice their opinions as well. And that includes their opinions on the opinions posted. That's the great part of the 1st Amendment. It's a double edged sword.

I disagree. I think it's aimed at the "OH MY GOD THE WORLD IS GOING TO END! BILL KRAFT IS CHEAP, BOB BELICHEEK IS A CHIMP!" posts, and not the constructive discussions that some other posters are having.

I don't mind people hating the pick, as long as they state their position intelligently and not with some knee-jerk, know-nothing OH MY GOD stance.

Best laugh I had all day: "Bob Belicheek," love that type of dry wit.

I doubt that most of the people posting negative reactions to the draft pick have gone sour on Belichick, but rather were just so surprised based on the (deliberately quite limited) information we poor slobs become privy to. All of that will evaporate the minute (we will hope) that McCourty picks up the football from the kick he just blocked ... :cool:

Remember,

Opinions are like "***holes!" We all got em and they all stink!

It is all part of the fan experience. What else are we supposed to discuss? Lindsay Lohan?

Remember,

Opinions are like "***holes!" We all got em and they all stink!

It is all part of the fan experience. What else are we supposed to discuss? Lindsay Lohan?

I don't know about you but I would love to "discuss" Lindsay Lohan.

Again. I didn't miss a damn thing. You just keep right on trying to spin your way out of it. Better yet. Go back and read your blabbering from list night because you kept calling it idiotic after that initial post. You also went out of your way to misquote me at least 3 times. So, forgive me if I put NO STOCK in your excuses.

It's not an excuse now, it wasn't an excuse last night, and it won't be an excuse in the future. You got it wrong. It's that simple. I'm not spinning anything, and I will no longer discuss this with you. If you can't grasp

"more desperate need" and "in a vacuum"

That's your problem.

So basically, you're saying that the pick is only good if it's not inside this...

vacuum_cleaner.jpg

...to which point I'll respond and ask you what the hell the pick was even doing on the floor in the first place.

Someone dropped it next to a mashed curly fry, and the cleaning lady came by before it got picked up.

BB has more football knowledge in his pinky than anyone on this board. Duh.

Does that mean he always makes good decisions or that his 'formula' for building a team is always going to be perfect? Hmm. Criticism and opinions are allowed, even from people who aren't hall of fame coaches. :rolleyes:

I do agree with the OP that, as fans we aren't privy to massive amounts of information, so at the end of the day we're all pretty much stabbing in the dark when it comes to the draft.

What is fun about the draft is that nobody really knows. It all gets decided on the field. If the experts knew everything, Tom Brady does not go in the sixth round, Wes Welker and guys like Kurt Warner, Bart Scott, Jeff Saturday, etc. go on the first day of the draft instead of being undrafted.

I am sure myself and the other nerds here have played Fantasy Football at least once in our lives and you would like to think you know a little about the game.

Sometimes you land the guy that wins your championship in the 10th round and sometimes your team is a total bust.

Everyone has their opinions, and I respect most of them here. We are all biased, but in the end on Sundays is where those vertical jumps and those 40-yard dash times get put to their ultimate test.

As someone who is a Rutgers season ticket holder and a Pat fan, I have seen a lot of Devin McCourty. I even met him and his mother. Devin is a solid player, he is a good person who should not embarrass himself nor the Patriots on or off the field.

Is he a shutdown corner in the NFL? Probably not. I can see why BB took him, he is a very good tackler (led RU in solo tackles with 49), and is good on kick returns which is probably where we will see him most in 2010 barring a series of injuries.

Reverse your words. Don't the people who disagree with you have the right to post on a message board? Perhaps they feel the purpose of a message board is different than what you do?
Perhaps if we stopped trying to tell each other what a message board is for, we can start having discussions that revolve around football instead of every discussion becoming "Your opinion doesnt count because you have an agenda". Doesnt that get tired?

Andy

Nice thoughts. However, we may have jumped the shark here at patsfans.com. Seriously, look at the hysteria here. It was only the first round!!!

The problem with judging the selection is most likely the lack info on the player. Frankly, I read almost all the draft analysis and didn't even know who he was. Kyle Wilson has been on all the shows.

The bigger and deeper problem is the lack of discussion on the concept of defending a "QB driven" league offense. What this pick indicates is that BB adheres to the concept that the best possible nickel/dime package will yield the greatest chance of stopping elite offenses.

I have zero problem with the concept of the choice. However, I have consistently laughed at and made fun of the "pass rush" crowd. As such, selection of a CB makes perfect sense.

Maybe it's time to try to "get on the same page" with the bigger concepts. Can it be done with people who are borderline postal after the first round?

I don't understand why so many people are making claims after only one round that this pick is idiotic because it doesn't meet the teams biggest needs. Have people forgotten that they still have three more picks in the 2nd and now have one in the 3rd to address some of their DE, OLB, TE, WR, RB, and OL needs? Have people forgotten how drafting for need and reaching for some players has gotten teams in trouble with high picks before countless amounts of time?

Maybe BB agrees that something needs to be done to improve the pass rush or the wide receiver position or the TE position, but the players he has targeted will be available with these next four picks. If that is the case, then why would he waste a pick in the first round to grab a player that either doesn't fit his scheme or can be taken 10, 15, or even 20 picks later? By waiting to address the other positions, BB was able grab a player at a position that he thought needed to be improved where the talent level drops off significantly after the top five players this year instead of trying to find a diamond in the rough later in the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back