Welcome to PatsFans.com

The truth about the PatsFans draft experts

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by BostonPatriot, Apr 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BostonPatriot

BostonPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I have no opinion on the pick. That said, looking at history (Mankins) it will probably turn out to be a good one.

Let me just say...all you nerds crying about the draft, and trying to come of as some sort of "experts", make me laugh. The truth: none of you have any clue what you're talking about and if you do call out a player who becomes an all-pro it was either: 1.) luck or 2.) Obvious (ex: saying Earl Thomas is going to be a stud - etc).

If there is one thig Belichick is pretty good at, it's drafting in the first round.
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2010
  2. letekro

letekro Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 2 / -3

<Slow Clap......rising.....rising.....Boisterous Applause>
  3. GostkowSKI

GostkowSKI Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Well done sir.
  4. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +712 / 44 / -47

Disable Jersey

It's a message board. The people offering their opinion of the pick are doing precisely what should be expected of people on a message board. The people posting to make fun of those people shouldn't be posting on message boards at all, since they either think they are too cool to do so (you nerds...), or they're not smart enough to figure out what a message board is about.

By the way, "obvious" doesn't exist in the NFL draft. Just ask any number of teams that have drafted busts in the top 5.
  5. strongside

strongside Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -1

Let us know when its ok to discuss the draft and have an opinion on who we think is good and who we think is not good or who we think fits and who we think doesn't. Its sort of what its all about. Otherwise this multimillion dollar production you saw last night would be quite uninteresting.
  6. Don_the_patfan

Don_the_patfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Ahh thanks for that wonderful analysis. Other then praying 5 times a day to the church of BB anything else to add? You know North Korea is looking for a few good citizens. No one can question our great leader kinda citizens.

Bottom line if you are not interested in discussing around the pats why are you here? Logically you'd seat back and not have an opinion.Yet you post on a message board? Contradicting isn't it :confused:
  7. strongside

strongside Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -1

And if throwing out my opinions on what the pats do makes me a nerd, well pass me the pocket protector.

Also, although Mcourty wasn't on my nerd board CB was listed as a bit higher then some did as a need. Kind of reminds me what San diego did drafting Cason 2 years ago. Although it didn't work out they knew a 3rd high level CB to play the slot (Wealker) was a hughe need despite having a pretty good DB at the time
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2010
  8. patsfan55

patsfan55 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Perfect response
  9. BostonPatriot

BostonPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Just so you know, I don't read your posts because I don't care what you think. I literally did not read a word of what you wrote because it means nothing to me.
  10. A.C Vegas

A.C Vegas Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Opinions are fine but seriously why have I only seen one persons (kontrdicion (sorry if i messed that up)) say anything remotley postive about the player that was picked.

I was stuck watching the ESPN coverage online and they said hte words "special teams player" about the pick now everyone on the board is saying so i guess we all know where they got there information

Informed opinions are better then whining
  11. Deus Irae

Ratings:
    +712 / 44 / -47

Disable Jersey

This from the guy who's made a point to single me out in the past?

Please.........
  12. BostonPatriot

BostonPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You can do whatever you want....my point: none of you experts know what you're talking about.
  13. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

That's all well and good. Just don't expect a HOF coach of a team that has won more games and championships in the last decade than any other to draft for his multi million dollar franchise with even a passing interest in your level of interest or entertainment. And don't be so arrogant as to deceive yourself into believing you somehow know more about drafting or teambuilding than he does... He's forgotten more about it than anyone on this board will ever know.
  14. BostonPatriot

BostonPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Again, I am no longer wasting time on your posts. I did not read this one and I don't plan to read any others in the near future. Honestly, I don't care what you think.
  15. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico Rookie

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Here's one thing that gives me confidence in the pick: The reaction from the ESPN Experts like Kiper was exactly the same stunned silence and fumbling I saw when they picked Mankins.

An a football level: National Football Post had McCourty ranked a hair behind Haden and Wilson on their board. And I know a lot of people here would have been happy with Wilson at 22.

By the way - -did I see somewhere that McCourty had SIX blocked punts? I mean, how many blocked punts are there in the NFL in a given year?
  16. Deus Irae

Ratings:
    +712 / 44 / -47

Disable Jersey

And, again, you're full of crap. However, please feel free to keep pretending. Your trolling has always been amusing in its hypocrisy.
  17. strongside

strongside Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -1

sounds good. Mark me down for "could be good could be bad but I don't know" for my reaction to all future picks. Also, if they trade up/down I go with "could be good be a good trade or could be not good"
  18. condon84

condon84 Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 5 / -2

Last time I checked, this was a public forum.

I also believe most of the complaints about the pick hasn't been about the player, but more about addressing the more pressing needs of the team and how we bypassed players who we all thought could help out.
  19. Deus Irae

Ratings:
    +712 / 44 / -47

Disable Jersey

He also picked Chad Jackson, so what's your point?
  20. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +877 / 16 / -24

No Jersey Selected

This is a terrible post. Just another "why don't we just all agree with one another?" threads. Please set yourself on fire for wasting everyone's time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.