PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Truth about the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understood why you posted it. I just don't think it was warranted. Sure, you have the absolute CL's here like captain stone and Garbanza. They are the definition of negative posters. They deserve the attention in this thread. However, as usual, there are posters in here who are lumping in honest posters who have been nothing but positive toward the Pats and their leadership on several issues with posters like captain stone and Garbanza. This is just because these posters have been critical over a few moves and decisions that are pefectly open to criticism. That's usually what threads like this boil down too. Posters who are never, and have never been, critical of decisions made calling out posters who are critical of some of the decisions made and vice versa.
Not warranted,:confused: What makes anything warranted here? I think that there are some people that need to put things in perspective. Maybe someone will realize tat as a Pats fan you have it pretty good compared to everyone else.

Last edited:
Not warranted,:confused: What makes anything warranted here? I think that there are some people that need to put things in perspective. Maybe someone will realize tat as a Pats fan you have it pretty good compared to everyone else.

Again, I don't think there's a poster here who doesn't realize that. But that doesn't mean that you can't be critical of some aspects of the team.

Again, I don't think there's a poster here who doesn't realize that. But that doesn't mean that you can't be critical of some aspects of the team.
I'm not so sure about that, i think there are a lot of posters that are of the "What have you done for me in the last week" mind set. Anyways maybe some posters might think about what they have before starting a thread about stating that Bill Belichick sucks for going for it on fourth down, or Belichick doesn't know what hes doing...he drafted Chad Jackson and Tyrone McKenzie. I'm not being critical of questioning a BB decision, its the crazy over the top rants im talking about.

No one has ever given any one a hard time for being critical of some aspects of the team, at least not that I have read. They may have gotten a hard time for not supporting their opinion well, that is totally different.

It seems that many posters think that being disagreed with is tantamount with not being allowed to criticize.
Some criticism is wrong.

I'm not so sure about that, i think there are a lot of posters that are of the "What have you done for me in the last week" mind set. Anyways maybe some posters might think about what they have before starting a thread about stating that Bill Belichick sucks for going for it on fourth down, or Belichick doesn't know what hes doing...he drafted Chad Jackson and Tyrone McKenzie. I'm not being critical of questioning a BB decision, its the crazy over the top rants im talking about.

I'm sure that, deep down, those posters know what they have here and what they have had compared to a team like, say, the Lions. Even if they refuse to admit it in order to uphold their negativity. As for the rest, fair enough. :cool:

Pittsburgh has six Super Bowl wins in seven appearances, Dallas has five Super Bowl wins in eight appearances...better than the Pats in both areas. And, don't forget, Indianapolis has five September Super Bowl titles :D

Yeah, what Pittsburgh and Dallas have accomplished as franchises is pretty amazing. Some people forget that the SB era didn't begin with the 2001 Season when they jumped on the Patriots' bandwagon.

Despite the excellence of the Cowboys and Steelers across the entire SB era, I do think that it will be a long, long time before any franchise matches the Pats' accomplishment of five Conference Championship Games, four SB appearances and three rings in seven seasons during the Cap and Free Agency era. The only teams with multiple SB appearances since the 1993 season (beginning of Cap and FA era) are:

Patriots: Six CCG's, five SB's and three rings

Steelers: Seven CCG's, three SB's and two rings
Broncos: Three CCG's, three SB's and two rings
Cowboys: Two CCG's, two SB's and two rings

Colts: Three CCG's, two SB's and one ring
Packers: Three CCG's, two SB's and one ring
Giants:Two CCG's, two SB's and one ring
Rams: Two CCG's, two SB's and one ring

Between Kraft and Belichick the pats have gone to Five SB's and have won three, not bad. For those that think that this is a mediocre combination go follow another team like the Colts, Steelers, Cowboys, or Chargers for example, they're all winning teams but they haven't been as successfull as the Pats. They make just as many mistakes if not more than BB otherwise they'd have a better record over the last Fifteen years.

Like Parcells said "You are what you're record says you are"

Um...the Steelers have won 6 super bowls and the Cowboys have won 5.

Just saying.

"Apparently you can't argue against a naysayer without being a homer, and you can't argue against a homer without being a chicken little. Honestly, it's the attitude of most of these extremists that sucks, not their opinions."

I come to this board several times a day (unemployed, have plenty of time) for the entertainment value.

Some Posters are funny, some are incisive and unfortunately, some should keep their fingers off the keyboard (like me for instance). Anywho, I think the above quote is correct in that it calls out a minority of posters who think their opinion is the only one that counts.

^^^ LOVE this guy!! ^^^ :D

Considering that the other 99% of us are Multi Billionaire Rock Stars who run our own, personal, Island Nations, it's refreshing to have a bit of demographic mix!! ;)

That is true. I think where most posters get annoyed is to the degree people are criticizing. When a 3rd rounder doesn't pan out people start making statements like "does bb need to step down/our draft strategy is rubbish e.t.c" this is generally annoying because they are looking over the successes of such things. Now there are lots of valid points regarding draft strategy e.t.c but i think where alot of posters get annoyed is when someone goes off on a rant about the bad but seem to be blinded about the good. not saying it's you just saying this seems to be why these sort of threads spiral out of control

worst "defense" in the division

no running game (as usual)

running on fumes

no problem, tra la la la la, everything is beautiful

THIRD place --

DONE

^Welcome to the board!

^^^ LOVE this guy!! ^^^ :D

Considering that the other 99% of us are Multi Billionaire Rock Stars who run our own, personal, Island Nations, it's refreshing to have a bit of demographic mix!! ;)

I look like a Rock Star, ran my own Indie Rock Record Label for 17 years on the island of Manhattan and dated a Multi Millionaire's daughter for 9 of them. Is that close enough?
Oh, btw, how ya doin', PJ?

running on fumes

THIRD place --

DONE
Nice, you'll fit right in.

running on fumes

THIRD place --

DONE

Did you really just use your username within your own post? Is that like your shtick?

You should go, I don't think we can handle your comedic genius around here.

running on fumes

THIRD place --

DONE

You should consult with SuperPatsFan on how to troll a board. You're garbage at it while he's absolute greatness.

I know many people find this forum "entertaining" the way that it is. I don't. Does anyone know of a forum on which the posters find intelligent conversation entertaining?

I know many people find this forum "entertaining" the way that it is. I don't. Does anyone know of a forum on which the posters find intelligent conversation entertaining?

I don't know any really. Such is the nature of the internet. When people don't have to look you in the eye, it changes how they talk (or type) to you.

This board has it's share of frustrations, but I don't think it's that bad overall or I wouldn't have been here for the past three years. Plus I find the annoying posters are heavily outweighed by the knowledgeable ones who consistently bring the meat. There are posters here who can breakdown the game in ways I simply can't do, and that's where the board's value is.

For those you don't like, just don't reply. You don't even need to use the ignore feature, just laugh off the sillies and focus on the people who make being a fan better.

footballoutsiders.com

I am afraid that Gresham's Law of posters applies too much of the time

Bad posters drive out good posters.

Thank you for the suggestion of footballoutsiders.com. I am much more interested in the Patriots that I am in football in general so it may not help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes