Welcome to PatsFans.com

The true meaning of 16-0

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by BbRrUeSwCsHkIe, Dec 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BbRrUeSwCsHkIe

BbRrUeSwCsHkIe Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I haven't seen this mentioned but the Patriots, with one key loss this year could have finished the season at 15-1 and NOT had home field throughout the playoffs.

Scary aint it?
  2. eom

eom Rookie

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

no34567890
  3. ALP

ALP Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

ohh.....except we would beat indy in the playoffs
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2007
  4. Disco Volante

Disco Volante Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

I chose not to think about the “What if’s….” when the “What is” is so much better right now…
  5. BbRrUeSwCsHkIe

BbRrUeSwCsHkIe Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Which is exactly my point. If there was no Spygate, no media circus every week, this would all boil down to playing football. And the fact that one slip up, while producing a stellar season would have changed the playoff landscape. That is the "what is".

I'm enjoying every minute of it. And I haven't rung my hands every waking minute. I do what I thought most fans do and set aside 4 hours a week and root for my team. I think my point is something that has gotten lost in all of the minutia, so much so I only just realized it myself.

I'm sorry about even mentioning it. The thought of them losing to Indy and suffering through another week of thermostat/audiogate (Amazing how fans make a big deal out of these things huh?) makes my hair hurt.

Carry on. :singing:
  6. Disco Volante

Disco Volante Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Oh hey man I have no problem with threads like these, I'm not one of those "Eh, do we really need this type of thread?" snobs, just giving my two cents.

Plus whenever I look back at the Ravens game I always think of the "What if's...."

Crazy indeed man, just goes to show no matter what way it needs to be done, we get it done. :rocker:
  7. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 2 / -0

The lack of math skills of some in this nation is quite frightening too.
  8. bobgeorge

bobgeorge Moderator

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

We all said at the time that the NE-Ind matchup was for HFA, and we weren't kidding.

Had that been the only Patriot loss, yes, the Patriots would have been the first 15-1 team in NFL history to have to play a road playoff game had the Colts also gone 15-1 and the teams made it to the AFC title game.

Bob G
  9. ALP

ALP Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

no, its possible, it just took me a little while to get as well...

if the pats had lost to Indy, their records would be 14-1...and 15-1 going into the postseason, with indy holding the tiebreaker
  10. fnordcircle

fnordcircle ( o Y o ) PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +192 / 5 / -13

Ahaha, you sure come off like a doofus for this post, like the guy who screws up when trying to correct someone else's spelling or grammar.

It's a good point, HFA is huge if only because the RCA dome is so hostile. I wish the pink hats at Gillette could get that up for a game.
  11. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 2 / -0

The point about the Colts game is correct but on the "what if" on the Ravens game - or just about any other game - and the Colts would still have 2 losses. The fact is we could be 15-1 and still have home field advantage, so the "true meaning" of 16-0 has nothing to do with home field advantage.
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2007
  12. godef

godef Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Ditto in reverse for 2004.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.