Not open for further replies.

Dragda

Yes, it's really me...
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
After reading dozens of BB press conferences, the worst thing you can do is ask him about the Patriots.

Ask him about the other team. Ask him about a specific player for the other team. The only insight he offers is of the competition. Some of it is pretty insightful. Ask him about the personel they use in certain situations.

Just don't ask him about his team.

After reading dozens of BB press conferences, the worst thing you can do is ask him about the Patriots.

Ask him about the other team. Ask him about a specific player for the other team. The only insight he offers is of the competition. Some of it is pretty insightful. Ask him about the personel they use in certain situations.

If a reporter wants to do a little work (ala Reiss, and Breer, may he write in peace), he or she can watch the tape of the prior game with same opponent and ask specific questions about how the Patriots played on that day and what Belichick was thinking at the time. That way Belichick can give good insight into the game and his own players and not reveal anything about his current game plan.

And wouldn't that just beat the heck out of asking him about Rodney Harrison, Richard Seymour, or Brady's baby.

Ask him about football.

Ask him about football.

Thank you. Ask him general questions about certain types of defenses against certain types of Os and vice-versa. Compare the upcoming opponent to opponents or players he coached in the past - Pennington vs. Jeff Rutledge (??) - and see what he thinks.

the longest, most involved answer I've ever seen Belichick give was to an Indy-based reporter asking him about his first job as a film scout in Baltimore fresh out of college.

How the hell is he going to know how Tom Brady feels to be a father? How many reporters get to ask questions of a Hall of Fame coach every 2-3 days? Why not brush up for half an hour a week and take advantage? Yeesh.

Yes, despite all the dead-pan answers he tends to give in response to generic questions, I often find BB's pressers very informative and enjoyable. He's great when he's talking about football from an X's and O's and technique perspective, is willing to teach people who are interested and ask the right questions, and is actually a very good teacher so long as what he's about to teach has no bearing on an upcoming game. He's also a great football historian and it's obvious that he enjoys talking about football history. Ask him about how LT was different than say, Tippett, how Ottis Anderson was different than Corey, how Harry Carson was different than Bruschi and so on and he'll have something really interesting to say.

Ask him about football.

Yea that would be a unique approach, he can teach as well as anyone in the game... have heard him on specifics and he is extremely detailed.. might not be a bad approach for some of the media.

thats interesting...thinking back to his coments over the years i can remember him going on on about other teams guys..one guy who comes to mind that he has spoken about alot in the past is chad johnson.

If a reporter wants to do a little work (ala Reiss, and Breer, may he write in peace), he or she can watch the tape of the prior game with same opponent and ask specific questions about how the Patriots played on that day and what Belichick was thinking at the time. That way Belichick can give good insight into the game and his own players and not reveal anything about his current game plan.

And wouldn't that just beat the heck out of asking him about Rodney Harrison, Richard Seymour, or Brady's baby.

great point. i think bb answers in monosyllables because he thinks reporters are lazy idiots (see Rick Cimini). i don't watch every press avail that he gives, but he seems to take specific and detailed questions seriously.

speaking of BB as a teacher, I've seen him in those "Belistrator" (sp?) youtube videos. Does anyone know where I could see a bunch of those type of videos or anything? I found them very informative and insightful. I don't live in the New England area so I miss out a lot on the local coverage. thanks in advance.

I totally agree with the whole premise of this thread, but I do think reporters HAD to question him about Harrison. When one of your team leaders is suspended by the league, that's major football news. What's more, I found his non-answer kind of intriguing...he didn't offer up the standard organizational "disappointed, unacceptable, but we support him" spiel. In fact, I don't recall him being willing to say anything negative about Rodney at all.

Ask him about some old time coach he worked with or football theory. Ask about the Patriot's and you are headed for trouble.

The answer of course is alcohol, lots and lots of alcohol.

The answer of course is alcohol, lots and lots of alcohol.

LOL...I think I'd actually be nervous to be around Bill after too much alcohol.

ask him about football history and as rab stated earlier, ask him about old coaches and football theories. I personally love it when I read about him talking about these topics. The man really loves to teach and he has a wealth of knowledge he really enjoys sharing with people.

ask him about football history and as rab stated earlier, ask him about old coaches and football theories. I personally love it when I read about him talking about these topics. The man really loves to teach and he has a wealth of knowledge he really enjoys sharing with people.
He totally reminds me of a college professor. He's dry as hell and can be boring if your not really interested. But if you like the subject matter you'll be riveted because you'll hear stuff that you've never heard before and say afterwards "damn, I just learned alot". The problem is media and bandwagon jumpers aren't interested in that stuff in this 3 second soundbite era.

Everybody loved Parcells because he'd give you that soundbite, he still wouldn't tell you anymore than BB but he was "colorful" so the media loved him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes