PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Touchdown Replay Rule..

Status
Not open for further replies.
A yellow flag lies on the field for all to see. It also occurs during the play not after. A red *** although after the play, is limited in scope and has tactical ramifications as well.

It doesn't take a genius to see how this plays out. When every touchdown can be questioned, how will we react? We will look to the refs, cross our fingers, and watch replays (if we are blessed to even have them in the stadium) while awaiting affirmation. Even worse, for the majority of TD's, this will typically occur by time slowly elapsing past the cutoff for an official call down.

Woo-hoo! Exciting.

Maybe I should post a big picture of a confused fan watching a Timex to help some understand?

I'm all for getting it right too, but that's what we have red flags and 2-minute automatic call-downs for. What's next? The All-Official Bowl? Enjoy that game. Hey, at least no blown calls!

This same rule was attempted and failed quite miserably in the NHL. This is a fact. Your opinion to why or how is your own. I've stated mine. But hey, maybe I'm wrong, I'm flexible... I promise to give this new rule the same chance as that old, crappy, short-lived, quickly ****-canned NHL in-the-crease one. ;)

I also totally agree with those saying once we start the slow-mo stuff, we're not even watching the same game anymore. Just another reason this rule needs to go. Back to the NHL analogy (forgive me plz.), way too many goals ended up waved off after a tippy toe slipped into the back side of the crease. An infraction so minor, it wasn't even seen (and had no impact what-so-ever obviously) at game speed. But once seen, under the letter of the law (insert your NFL rule here), the score must be nullified.

..see this apple???...THAT is why this orange is no good!!!!

your argument always fails

This.

I actually thought they would overturn the Price TD catch.

Me too, but Hochuli got it right in that there was no indisputable evidence to overturn the on-field call. It looked really iffy, but there was nothing concrete to overturn it. Textbook.

90% of the time, that TD gets overturned, rules be damned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes