PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The tool has a new gig... [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The tool has a new gig...

Thats was a far more interesting read than what his replacement did at the Globe.

Hey, Mike Reiss....youre no Ron Borges.

Thank god for that.

Oh wait. You were ragging on Reiss. Your typical schtick.....

Thank god for that.

Oh wait. You were ragging on Reiss. Your typical schtick.....

I dont rag on Reiss....I'm just saying, he couldnt hold Borges' pen.

I dont rag on Reiss....I'm just saying, he couldnt hold Borges' pen.

Why would he want to hold Borges' pen? Reiss is a reporter and a damn good one. Borges is a "columnist" and a plagiarist, not to mention a scum bag who hits cripples. I wouldn't want Reiss being anything like Borges for those reasons.

Sorry, but Borges may be a good writer in terms of being able to spin a good yarn, but that's about it. He stinks otherwise.

I've not read much of RB's work to be honest, what with living over in Blighty and all, but that article is excellent.

From the garbage article....
"That and the fact that Meriweather once pulled a gun on someone who was trying to shoot a friend of his and allegedly fired three shots in the guy’s direction in self-defense understandably "

No Ron, those people DID shoot a friend of Meriweather's,his roommate Willie Cooper in the buttocks and if coming to the aide of a friend makes you, in Borges' words "troublesome" then Ron has no idea what Monday's holiday is for because there are a lot of good people buried in Arlington and other cemeteries who laid down their lives coming to the aide of a friend or comrade under fire.
Perhaps if Meriweather had gone after somebody who walked with a cane Borges could have related to it.

Borges does the same old stuff, just tries to frame it differently. Borges is not a judge of character his plariarism and the above captioned attack on an older man with a cane, hardly gives him any high ground or moral authority.. Borges might change his base of writing, but cannot change his slant and bias.

BORGES - Patriots prove character doesn't count more than ability

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/AFC/AFC+East/New+England/Features/2007/borges2203.htm

Ron is right. The Pats lack character. You know like the kind of character it would take for someone to take another person’s work and pass it off as your own. A high character guy like Borges would never do that.

I really like the line “If character were a profound issue on Draft Day, the seminaries and the Ivy League would produce a lot more NFL employees than the ACC, the SEC, the Pac-10 or the Big Ten.” I didn’t know that the Ivy Leaguers were all high character guys but I guess that is where all the fine upstanding young men in the world will be found.

Re: BORGES - Patriots prove character doesn't count more than ability

yawn...whose opinion on character are we discussing here...oh...ha ha...good joke...

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/AFC/AFC+East/New+England/Features/2007/borges2203.htm

Ron is right. The Pats lack character. You know like the kind of character it would take for someone to take another person’s work and pass it off as your own. A high character guy like Borges would never do that.

I really like the line “If character were a profound issue on Draft Day, the seminaries and the Ivy League would produce a lot more NFL employees than the ACC, the SEC, the Pac-10 or the Big Ten.” I didn’t know that the Ivy Leaguers were all high character guys but I guess that is where all the fine upstanding young men in the world will be found.

Yes, the Ivy's are sooo full of character that they have all had to add ethics classes to their undergrad and grad programs. It seems that the late 90's and early 00's saw alot of their grads doing perp walks....

Who cares what this clown says? He will always be linked to the word plagiarism now. He will never shake that tag.

No one takes this hack serious anymore.

Last edited:

From the garbage article....
"

No Ron, those people DID shoot a friend of Meriweather's,his roommate Willie Cooper in the buttocks and if coming to the aide of a friend makes you, in Borges' words "troublesome" then Ron has no idea what Monday's holiday is for because there are a lot of good people buried in Arlington and other cemeteries who laid down their lives coming to the aide of a friend or comrade under fire.

The unfortunate irony is that I wrote those words early Monday morning, just after midnight before any of us knew of Marquise Hill's death.....

Last edited:

Borges is a good writer.

He ignores the fact that lack of character has ruined his career, despite his talent.

He also ignores the fact that recognizing "football character" has caused the Patriots to be enormously successful while teams with better "talent" have faltered.

Did corey dillon lack character? They probed his psyche and found a man with tremendous pride and drive who wanted to be left alone and not be a leader.

Sure, he had anger and frustration issues, but hejust wanted to dohis job and succeed and his "character" was just what we needed.

Is Moss's character in question? Absolutely! But he is the exception, not the rule. Other teams pick up 5 or 6 players every year with questionable drive, focus etc.

Moss is motivated to play for us. He'll play under our rules and BB is motivated to see him succeed. All Moss has to do is run the plays and be a teammate.

Bitter Borges is grasping at straws on his little internet site to find a chink in the Patriots armor.

Of course you could probably find articles where Borges criticizes the Pats for not acquiring Moss, but what does it matter?

He's just a little man with an ever decreasing audience wondering where it all went wrong.

Borges is like many of the baseball writers in Boston who they think THEY are the story. The sense of entitlement these guys have is unreal. Like when the baseball guys got all bent when Shilling was posting on sonsofsamhorn, or now his blog. Seems there are fewer of them in football, but ole' Ronny the plagiarist

My guess is that Ronny didn't like that Coach BB didn't open the door to him and be available at his beckon call (like a Pete Carroll). Guys like Borges think "I was here before the coach, and I will be here after him"...

The latest scandal was just him losing the last of what was left of his credibility. Irresponsible journalism, personal agendas and stealing. There is Borges legacy. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Thats was a far more interesting read than what his replacement did at the Globe.

Hey, Mike Reiss....youre no Ron Borges.

And Danny Boy, you're still Danny Boy, the same old tired usenet hack with a
hair across your ass for the Krafts. You and Borges can't provide anything
new as you can't see beyond your hatred for the Krafts and Belichick. Enjoy
you spite and hate, it suits you and RB.

Borges is a good writer.

He ignores the fact that lack of character has ruined his career, despite his talent.

He also ignores the fact that recognizing "football character" has caused the Patriots to be enormously successful while teams with better "talent" have faltered.

Did corey dillon lack character? They probed his psyche and found a man with tremendous pride and drive who wanted to be left alone and not be a leader.

Sure, he had anger and frustration issues, but hejust wanted to dohis job and succeed and his "character" was just what we needed.

Is Moss's character in question? Absolutely! But he is the exception, not the rule. Other teams pick up 5 or 6 players every year with questionable drive, focus etc.

Moss is motivated to play for us. He'll play under our rules and BB is motivated to see him succeed. All Moss has to do is run the plays and be a teammate.

Bitter Borges is grasping at straws on his little internet site to find a chink in the Patriots armor.

Of course you could probably find articles where Borges criticizes the Pats for not acquiring Moss, but what does it matter?

He's just a little man with an ever decreasing audience wondering where it all went wrong.

Like alcohol and gasoline, as a practical matter, Borges and football don't really go together.

But I will say this - when he first came to New England from Oakland, he was an excellent boxing reporter, which was his main beat at the time. Apparently, his switch to football later exposed weaknesses in both his writing ability and investigative reporting skills.

Too bad. The man has self-destructed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back