Welcome to PatsFans.com

The title says it all! Not suprising though.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by ELOrocks17, Dec 7, 2006.

1. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

2. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Ok NEM...Please tell my how World opinion helps the US. And dont bring up that "Goodwill" cr*p. You seem to be so frickin obsessed with how other countries feel about us. Why? How do you personally benefit when France likes us. (And the only time they like us is when we are giving them money) So if Europe likes us...? Than what? We can all dance in the streets, never pay taxes and never have any problems ever again? No NEM, you are wrong. Completely wrong. The rest of the world needs to be in our good graces, not the other way around. We have achieved what no other country has done. We are leaders of the free world. There is not 1 country (except maybe China) that can stand up to us militarily, With that, you want us to grovel at the feet of every other nation so they can feel good? f*ck that noise! We dont need global "affermative action" If Europe doesnt like us..thats thier f-in problem, not ours.
  3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +389 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

If we (the U.S.) just left the Middle East entirely, does anyone here not think that the Islamic freaks would take over the entire continent of Europe within a generation ? I may be totally wrong. But how exactly would they defend themselves from a nuclear Middle East ?
  4. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Ahh, the nuke club isn't made up exclusively by us, Russia, China, Israel and North Korea* dude.

*NK of course bein' a junior member since they'd have to deliver their ordinance by way of Sampan probably, as opposed to an actual missile.
  5. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +389 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Honestly I'm not even sure which European countries have them but if they're scared of a little war in Iraq, I can only imagine them lobbing nukes around . . . or not.
  6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +482 / 1 / -9

Other country's only like us when they need us, they loved us during WWII.
    The French were kissing our troops feet when they marched through Paris.

The End Is Near :bricks:
  7. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Very true. My point was to make a conspicuous absence of two rather early members of the club that are also located in Europe.

Hint: Sean Connery made two Bond films that revolved around this country having one stolen. The name of the other country rhymes with pants.
  8. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +389 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

You can play your little games all you like. And I don't watch James Bond so that clue is lost on me. But, regardless, there aren't a lot of military powers in Europe. If Middle Easterners started through Turkey and then on to the "nia"s and little countries between Germany/Italy and the Middle East, I just don't see the European countries stepping up to be able to stop them. Maybe I'm wrong.
  9. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I believe the bond clue was pointing to England.

Everyone, except perhaps the fundamental muslims fear Nuclear Bombs. They (F.Muslims of the Middle East you speak of) have no fear, they blow themselves up anyways, why would they be scared of Europe's bomb's?

That said, I belive that a United Europe would be much more then Fundamental Islam could handle. Sorry Allah, but you just are not powerful enough to conquer half of the world's super powers.
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2006
  10. SoonerPatriot

SoonerPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Ahhh....Cowboy diplomacy. Because it's served us so well in Iraq.

(dripping sarcasm)
  11. SoonerPatriot

SoonerPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Great Britan's military is impressive. Not as big as ours of course, but highly specialized and in terms of ability to project power (the tip of the spear) around the world, they would be 2nd or 3rd, possibly behind Russia. UK has about 400 Challenger 2 battle tanks. The Royal Navy is second only to the US in gross tonage.

Germany has 5 combat divisions. They recently purchased 180 EF2000 fighters and also have some American combat aircraft in their inventory, including Apache helicopters. All told Germany has about 450 fighter aircraft at its disposal. Quite substantial. On the ground, they have about 400 Leopard 2 battle tanks. Germany makes those tanks and sells them throughout Europe so many other countries on the continent have them as well including Spain, Norway, Denmark, Italy and Portugal.

The French have about 260,000 troops. They have about 400 frontline fighter aircraft. They also have about 400 Leclerc main battle tanks.

Both the Brits and French also have nuclear weapons. UK has about 200 warheads and France close to the same.

I think a lot of Americans would be surprised at just how technologically advanced some Euro miltary's are.
  12. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +389 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

I'd be curious just how far the Middle Easterners would go before attempts to stop them were made. Real attempts. Turkey ? Then all those little countries ? OK, once they start hitting real Western Europe, sure. I think people forget they'd like to take over the world. And not to mention that the Russians are kind of in bed with them too, these days.
  13. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +482 / 1 / -9

It isn't nice to say that "Muslims want to take over the world", that's Racist, now stop it.

Get Bush--Get Bush--Get Bush--Get Bush.

:rocker: "yup, get bush and we will all be living in paradise"
  14. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +239 / 8 / -26

While this is telling and lends credibility to the might of the individual countries in Europe, it also makes me feel somewhat vulnerable as the more there is the more there is to steal, copy or smuggle into the hands of some extremist. Have long been concerned about the stockpile of nuclear weapons in Russia, how well are they safeguarded, with their emerging democracy and the accompanying rampant fraud ( not sure what comes first or if it is coincidentaly) I worry about if it would be easy for them to fall into the hands of extremists as well. The more there is, the more danger in the world from so many different points of view.
  15. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +89 / 7 / -13

#37 Jersey

Better yet, Sooner diplomacy. Keep feeding the aligator, so you are the last one to be devoured.
  16. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

They are ignorant, to be sure, but so typical of the right wing mindset. If these people can't see by now what disadvantages that attitude has given us, the fact that we now have zero leverage in negotiating with the rest of the world, then so be it. Let them live in their own little sheltered world.

The world opinion is important because of what Reagan was referring to as a shining beacon of light, it was our model for democracy that provided Le Monde the reason to headline "We Are All Americans NOw" on Sept 12, 2001.

That Bolton attitude has severely harmed our standing in the world and as a result, gives us the quagmire we're in right now.
  17. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

OMG BF, you didn't know France is a nuclear nation? Do you know Israel has one too.
  18. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

As usual, you add the equivalent of a four year old to an adult discussion.
  19. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +389 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Forget Israel, that's a different story entirely.

Yes I know about France. But I'm not at all sure they would use them especially not until the Middle East has expanded way West. I am confident that any move into Turkey would cause all the U.S. haters to be calling for our help :rolleyes:
  20. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Why exactly is Israels US-provided nuclear armament is irrelevant to this?