Welcome to PatsFans.com

The Tiger Woods thread

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Tunescribe, Feb 20, 2010.

?

Tiger Woods' televised apology was:

1. Heartfelt and sincere, he is a changed man

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. A cynical attempt to rehab his marketing potential

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  3. I could not care less, just play golf

9 vote(s)
    64.3%
  4. Other (please specify)

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +493 / 5 / -10

#61 Jersey

Weigh in with your thoughts on his televised apology. I think he's sincerely contrite -- now that he's been caught, of course -- but I hope his wife doesn't take him back. The bigger question is WHY does this highly scriped event end up being broadcast live to the whole world and WHY should it matter (or not).
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +195 / 7 / -23

Amidst all the rhetoric, to me it is quite simple.. he is doing what is expected in a twelve step program... to anyone involved in addictions can easily understand what he did.

Insert Sexual Addiction for Alchohol... personally do not feel transgressed, need not apologize, and quite able to differentiate his life on the links from his life in his bedroom...

Do not get all the brou ha ha and why it makes front page news.. do not really care that much, but know on those hot sunday afternoons enjoy him playing a really great round of golf... it is wrong, but no big deal, and something that happens a great deal amongst men of wealth, power and opportunity....

I had a boss once, and it was a standing joke, he never met a woman employee he could not do the wild thing with..one day he got sloppyy and picked up a hooker and got busted, a conundrum ensued, but because he was pretty he talked his way out of it.. it was the handsome, pretty smile thing.. about a week later he was on the prowl once again.. some people need to spend a lot of time on the wild side..

People have some grandiose image of athletes and feel they should be role models, in reality who cares.. just as long as they play well... they are not role models, for the most part.. they are what they are overpaid, spoiled children who love the power that goes with their position..

3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +362 / 1 / -9

I don't think anybody would want my thoughts on this one............:bricks:
  4. Tunescribe

Ratings:
    +493 / 5 / -10

#61 Jersey

I had to laugh yesterday when a guy called into WEEI and said, "Tiger, just admit you're a horny golfer. Get a divorce and carry on."
  5. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +88 / 7 / -11

#37 Jersey

Don't really care what Tiger has to say, what he did was between him and his wife. He is a Golfer, not the President. The media in this situation has acted just as dispicable and maybe even more than Tiger Woods.

But after yesterday, I will have to say, Gloria Allred is a disgusting piece of ****, I'd like to see a 9 iron shoved up her ass. What a useless whore.
  6. Tunescribe

Ratings:
    +493 / 5 / -10

#61 Jersey

What did she say/do? Link?
  7. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +88 / 7 / -11

#37 Jersey

8. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +609 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

I really could care less ... just play golf. I had a friend who was a sex addict
    .... he called it "The Thrill of the Hunt" - I think that pretty much says it all.
  9. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +208 / 3 / -10

Nosey & gossipy Americans are very sad. What this man did is not to be judged by anyone but his own family. If you "think" it's your business, you have that right, but you'd be wrong.

It's a damn good thing I'm not famous, because if media people stood outside my house or followed me around, I'd prolly shoot them. I guess that's why God knew I'm not fit to be famous....:eek:
  10. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +362 / 1 / -9

Your right on all points but if you have children that like to play golf don't let this Tiger Woods Piece Of Sh!t be their Role Model.

If I was Woods Father In Law I would find a way to f-ck up his arms for life, I'd make sure he could never pick up a golf ball for the rest of his life, if Woods wife is a kind and decent loving women just imagine what this scummy creep has done to her mind and her life, I hope he gets hit by a f-cking dump truck (I have many daughters and grand daughters)
  11. Tunescribe

Ratings:
    +493 / 5 / -10

#61 Jersey

But don't you suppose dad-in-law also enjoys the fruits ($$$) of Tiger's labors?
  12. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Never thought about that one. Seems very plausible.
    Read on a blog, that Tiger made the front page of the New York Post for 20 consecutive days after Thanksgiving. The previous record was 19 consecutive days dedicated to the 9/11 attacks.............
  13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +362 / 1 / -9

Could be.................
    One thing is for sure "he's a rich millionaire creep" but his groupies love him and will make all kinds of excuses to defend him and he will continue to make his millions, morally he will always be a piece of sh!t.
  14. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +195 / 7 / -23

Cannot understand why he continually makes the front page news.. is it because everone is jealous, or are their fears about the great negro threat balling white women..

Perused the papers today made every front page.. cannot fathom this much interest in any one person, he did not let me down..
  15. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +317 / 4 / -2

I would like to pick option #2 & #3, but since I couldn't, I opted for #3. The guy was FOS. He's just doing what he has to. If he could do what he wants to, he would just ignore everyone, divorce his wife, make coin, and bone as many women as is humanly possible. He can't do that though, cuz he's in a different sport, with a different clientele, and a different set of standards. Personally, the guy is a scumbag. Having an indescretion, or maybe two, would be somewhat forgivable, as it's simply a sign of the times. This guy was boning women daily, and doing it in his wifes bed. Plus, some of those women were GROSS, so that makes it worse in my opinion. I mean, Tiger is a homely looking dude, but damn dude, have some standards please. Anyhow, in the grand scheme of things, who cares. The guy cheated on his wife. He had sex with lots of women. Oh my, give him the electric chair. :rolleyes: I think it's news because of who he is, but the coverage, and hysteria, is tragic. People care more about Tiger Woods sex life, than they do what's going on in the Real World around them. Hey, pay no attention to the wars going on, the failing economy, or the tens of trillions in debt, Tiger Woods had sex with some ho's. Sad, sad, sad....
  16. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +609 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

17. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +362 / 1 / -9

Thats nothing now Darryl, that hurdle has been cleared, the only people that give that a second look now is some of the old southern hill billys, I've got two of them in my own family (black/white great grandchildren)

There are many do-gooder liberals though that wish it was like it used to be back in the forties so they could get on their sanctimonous soap boxes and "preach" it made them feel so much better than their ignorant neighbor.
  18. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +362 / 1 / -9

19. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +609 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

I think it's just that the media needs dirt to attract attention. Many famous people doing great things out there. Sean Penn for instance recently in Haiti helping the people with his time and money. Not sensational enough to crack a front page though. This is the world we live in ... a pessimistic world.
  20. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +195 / 7 / -23

Just don't the ongoing and continual infatuation with this story.. personally it is a disapointment that folks cannot move on from this roadside attraction...

Do think it has to do with the perception of the oversexed black male, and the perceived tendency of them to try to ball anything in a skirt... wonder if he was married to a less attractive woman of color if it would be less newsworthy...