PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Three Parts of the 2010 Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
We play one game at a time. Soon, we'll see if we are ready for CINCI. However, as Parcells and Belichick have taught us, the first season goal is to win the division.

I would note that we start with a focus on the division and end with a focus on the division.

PART ONE - BEFORE THE BYE
3 division games out of 4

PART TWO - THE MIDDLE
0 division games out of 7

PART THREE - THE FINAL STRETCH RUN
3 division games out of 5

When the schedule was first announced I was disappointed that the bye was so early. However, similar to 2008, maybe it won't be a bad thing having the bye early.

With so many rookies, second-year players, and others with very limited NFL experience, perhaps having an early bye will work out well, as the coaching staff will get an extended chance to re-assess those young players, fix what isn't working, and expand upon what the new players have learned at that point.

I do like what the NFL is doing with more division matchups at the end of the season. Granted there will still be some meaningless games at the end of the year, but at least they will be rivalry games. That should make for better football at the end of the season, not just in the AFC East, but throughout the whole league.

This schedule is hard as hell, no rest for the wicked, they get tossed right into the fire.

1 Sun, Sep 12 vsCincinnati - Hard
2 Sun, Sep 19 @New York - Hard
3 Sun, Sep 26 vsBuffalo - Easy
4 Mon, Oct 4 @Miami = Medium
5 BYE WEEK
6 Sun, Oct 17 vsBaltimore - Hard
7 Sun, Oct 24 @San Diego - Hard
8 Sun, Oct 31 vsMinnesota - Hard
9 Sun, Nov 7 @Cleveland - Easy
10 Sun, Nov 14 @Pittsburgh = Hard
11 Nov 21 vsIndianapolis - Hard
12 Thu, Nov 25 @Detroit - Easy
13 Mon, Dec 6 vsNew York - Hard
14 Sun, Dec 12 @Chicago - Medium
15 Sun, Dec 19 vsGreen Bay - Hard
16 Sun, Dec 26 @Buffalo - Easy
17 Sun, Jan 2 vsMiami - Hard

I don't see any stretched where they can ease up at all.

This schedule is hard as hell, no rest for the wicked, they get tossed right into the fire.

5 BYE WEEK

i agree the pats can't let up and i wont even call the bills and browns easy wins

the browns at the end of last year had a good pass rush and a very good run game and the bills were a top 5 pass defense last year.

This looks like a tough schedule, a really tough schedule. But remember every year games that look tough in April look easy in October and vice versa. With that said a tough schedule is what this team needs. I truly believe Thursday night's debacle was due to Spagnola (SP??) game planning against us to give his young team confidence and our young guys looking at the Rams like Webster State. The young guys learned that this isn't college. I think having them focused and I don't know if nervous is the right word, but nervous each week is a good thing, keep them on their toes.

Last edited:
I wouldn't even call the Lions game easy. That has trap game written all over it, especially for a Patriots team with a lot of players that do not have much if any starting NFL experience. The Pats will be on the road on a short week, while Detroit is very used to playing four days after the previous game.

Another thing to consider is that in those four 'easy' games, those represent their biggest games, their 'Super Bowls' to those three teams. A combination of the Pats easing up and those teams being more intense and focused is a recipe for an upset.

5 BYE WEEK

I don't want to be a chicken little, because I love this team so much (Tom Terrific is sooooooooooo dreamy -- I love his Justin Bieber hair), but does anyone else see the Pats at 2-6 after the first 8 games?

Last edited:
I don't want to be a chicken little, because I love this team so much (Tom Terrific is sooooooooooo dreamy), but does anyone else see the Pats at 2-6 after the first 8 games?

So you're a fan of what NFL team?

I don't want to be a chicken little, because I love this team so much (Tom Terrific is sooooooooooo dreamy), but does anyone else see the Pats at 2-6 after the first 8 games?

i think they will be more like 5-3 at the half way point

Does anyone see the Jests 2-4 at the bye???

Oooh Oooh I do! :rocker:

Yeah...

The Chicken Littles do.....:rocker:

In Brady/BB We Trust

It's certainly possible but highly unlikely. I'd say the chances of 2-6 are about the same as 6-2 or better; I doubt either one will happen.

I think the most likely scenario is that the Pats win the games against the two rust belt teams, go 2-1 at home and 1-2 on the road; that gives them a 5-3 record halfway through the 2010 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes