PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The three nominees for the Pats HOF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was gonna say Nance for sure, but then realized he's dead.....now hear me out on this. I think this is an honor that would mean alot to the player. So why not bestow this upon the player while he's alive? Houston Antwine is alive (and my second choice), so give it to him this year, and they can get Nance in next year. It's not like he's gonna mind ;)

INteresting takes on who to vote for...I think all 3 should be there..so in a way..I don't care who wins...at first I thought Nance and still do...but Morris and Twine are not far behind..I wonder if the vote totals will be down because of the fanbase hardly knowing these players??

I wish we could impress on the newer fans that as disastrous and comical as some years were, we were never a consistently bad or hopeless team. The nineties was as bad as any era (although the Clive Rush was not to be believed).

We had great talent from the get go, even though we had no money and no stadium. Besides Nance and Morris and a pretty fair QB in Parilli (not to mention multi threat Cappelletti) We had as good a four man line as any in the AFL. Of course I don't think the AFL compared to the NFL on defense (it was an offensive league).

When Billy Sullivan could concentrate on the team, instead of legal. money and stadium battles, he gave it is all and brought in the best players he could. He had so little staff, I assume he had a decent eye for talent, though Mike Holovak was the early savior in personnel and coaching.

great post my friend

great post my friend

Hi Pat. I'd like to see Antwine or Morris get in because they had More consistently excellent careers. I sure remember Nance's record year and his other 1,000 yarder and he was tremendous, so I'll be happy if he gets the vote.

I'm really happy the writers or the team nominated three great old timers, and it makes me happy no matter who the fans pick.

Of course if it isn't my man 'twine I'm going to keep annoying the powers that be forever, but I'll be happy for the winner too.:D

great post my friend

Outside of a few collapsed years, they were always exciting and always had good talent. Hell, Clive Rush, Taliaferro and Joe Kapp were the same pre fairbanks era. Sure they were awful, but damn, Clive Rush was entertaining.:D

From almost electrocuting himself at his introduction to the press,... to hosting Will McDonough naked with the AC on freeze for an interview... to calling the released Bob Gladieux back during the half over the P.A. system (Harpo made the tackle on the 2nd half kickoff) to borrowing some players from the offense because he didn't have enough black defensive players to man his patented "Black Power" defense..

We were laughing so hard we didn't notice the gap between Holovak and Fairbanks (though mazur wasn't bad IMO, just wrong place wrong time, ask Duane Thomas:D)

What I'm trying to say here is, it didn't matter. This was our team. No more Giants. For all his faults, do you think anyone else would have kept a team alive despite the stadium situation (Boston Politics)? I don't. They would have been spld out of state in a couple years. Just my opinion.

Outside of a few collapsed years, they were always exciting and always had good talent. Hell, Clive Rush, Taliaferro and Joe Kapp were the same pre fairbanks era. Sure they were awful, but damn, Clive Rush was entertaining.:D

From almost electrocuting himself at his introduction to the press,... to hosting Will McDonough naked with the AC on freeze for an interview... to calling the released Bob Gladieux back during the half over the P.A. system (Harpo made the tackle on the 2nd half kickoff) to borrowing some players from the offense because he didn't have enough black defensive players to man his patented "Black Power" defense..

We were laughing so hard we didn't notice the gap between Holovak and Fairbanks (though mazur wasn't bad IMO, just wrong place wrong time, ask Duane Thomas:D)

What I'm trying to say here is, it didn't matter. This was our team. No more Giants. For all his faults, do you think anyone else would have kept a team alive despite the stadium situation (Boston Politics)? I don't. They would have been spld out of state in a couple years. Just my opinion.

You omitted the part about Rush getting down on hands and knees to

beg for his job when he was fired.

You omitted the part about Rush getting down on hands and knees to

beg for his job when he was fired.

I actually wasn't aware of that.

The black power defense is amazing when you consider he was an actual NFL coach and he switched 4 players from O to D for the week.

I forgot about this one. The link is dead, so I haven't a clue, but if it's about Rush, and it's bizarre, it's probably true.

Clive had a game against a legendary NFL coach- it was before my time, but I seem to think it was Paul Brown. Clive had no illusions of out-coaching Brown, so he decided to try to get into his head.

Just before the game, he called a benchwarmer over to him. "Paul Brown is a genius. He has visualized this game, play by play, and has strategies to counter any possible moves I will make. Therefore, I will make moves that he couldn't possibly have forseen."

What this move turned out to be was having the benchwarmer run out to the huddle, stay for 10 seconds, then get back off the field before the play started. Rush had to be talked out of punting on second down. It was sort of like Bizarro football, with Clive doing everything wrong, on purpose. This strategy is credited with turning the betting line of a 14 point loss into an actual 13 point loss.

This benchwarmer later played for Paul Brown, and related the story to him. Brown recalled the game, and remarked, "I always wondered what the Hell he was doing over there." Rush, incidentally, was later institutionalized."

Attention AOL Journals Users -- United States - People Connection Blog: AIM Community Network

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back