PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The thread to give the team props

Status
Not open for further replies.

TennesseePatriot

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
This was not a pretty win. No one will argue that. But I was worried that the off field distractions would keep the team from winning against Carolina. So let's give Belichick's squad some kudos on breaking the losing streak. Go Pats. :cool:

Last edited:
Lose the turnover battle by a 3-0 margin, but win by 10? That's a solid sloppy victory, if there is such a thing.

Regards,
Chris

Props to the D' for holding them to 10 points even though we gave them the ball 3 times. That to me is pretty impressive, yeah there were a couple busted plays where they gave up chunks of yardage and the one for a score.... but other than that great job considering Wilfork and Warren both left the game. Running game looked very good as well, and finally a strong second half performance by the team. A good old school scrappy ugly win.. i like it and i think this team still has some fight in them this season. But i am a glass half full kinda guy ;)

We've been wanting the offense to exceed or at least meet their first half production in the 2nd half of games, and yesterday...well, we got that! :D

I'm pleased that they won. I'm glad they were able to regroup in the 2nd half and get the job done instead of letting their 1st half performance completely suck the life out of them.

Here's looking forward to them putting it all together for two solid halves of FB against the Bills and smacking them silly! :singing:

Last edited:
It has been a disappointing season but when you're 8-5 and in first place, you can say the disappointment just stems from very high expectations. We're in fine shape to win the division and make the postseason, whether it feels like it or not that takes alot of work. Good job guys!

Signs of life in the second half. that's two things I was looking for.
They're going through a bit of am identity crisis, with a whole new defense and an offense that needs to use all the weapons again, not the flying circus of 2007.

I'm pretty happy to be going thruough this crisis while winning and leading the division, but they need to progress each week now.

Coaching too. It's been rightly pointed out that we're a far cry from the Romeo Weis, best staff in footnall. Time to shape up or ship out on that end IMO.

We played so so imo and still won. That's all that matters.
Ask the Squellers if they would take a W like this? or the Gmen.

I've never been more excited to be 8-5. That was a huge win.

Carolina still has plenty of decent players and they have played a very tough schedule so far.

Patriots are slowly pulling themselves out of a rut.

We're moving on to Buffalo.

I'm appalled at the fair weather fans. Whenever I see the legions of hate
descend on the team and it's players, I can't help but think that they finally
are beating their chest over the asinine prognostications they have been
spewing for years (Borges, Felger, et al). Count me among the real fans.
My team since 1960.

People love to complain about our coordinators and I would agree that they haven't been great this year. But a part of that equation that I think is overlooked is that just about every year teams are plucking these guys away from us because of their success. It can't be easy filling those roles every other year.. not to mention Pioli being gone also.

Being the ultimate Pats Apologist, think the injuries to Brady coupled with his recovery from knee surgery is having an effect, also think that Moss is hurt several weeks ago he was listed as having back problems... now it looks as though he is tentative avoided "stretching out" and avoiding contact..

Then again, this team has suffered by the lack of a consistent O coordinator, and the play calling is suspect.

The 96 yard drive was a thing of beauty...

Despite all this we are leading the division..... keep moving the chains..

Signs of life in the second half. that's two things I was looking for.
They're going through a bit of am identity crisis, with a whole new defense and an offense that needs to use all the weapons again, not the flying circus of 2007.

I'm pretty happy to be going thruough this crisis while winning and leading the division, but they need to progress each week now.

Coaching too. It's been rightly pointed out that we're a far cry from the Romeo Weis, best staff in footnall. Time to shape up or ship out on that end IMO.
I really do think there are coaching changes coming at the end of the season for sure. After the Saints game Belichick did say in the press conference that we were outcoached in all areas or something very like that.

We've had our problems and stuff has been aired in public too which is not the Patriot way, I just hope that we can turn the corner now and move on. Although I doubt we will do much this season, we need DEs too badly and its too late to do anything about that this season.

I was pleased with the D, all things considered.

Pats ran the ball nicely.

Great drive there taking the lead.

We need Wilfork. I hope he's ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back