Welcome to PatsFans.com

The Terrorist Barack Hussein Obama

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by reflexblue, Oct 13, 2008.

1. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

McCartheism in the 21st century,brought to you by the new Republican party.
    Though I don't believe this is my fathers Reb. party he voted for for 60 years.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/12/opinion/12rich.html?em

Until now. At McCain-Palin rallies, the raucous and insistent cries of “Treason!” and “Terrorist!” and “Kill him!” and “Off with his head!” as well as the uninhibited slinging of racial epithets, are actually something new in a campaign that has seen almost every conceivable twist. They are alarms. Doing nothing is not an option.

All’s fair in politics. John McCain and Sarah Palin have every right to bring up William Ayers, even if his connection to Obama is minor, even if Ayers’s Weather Underground history dates back to Obama’s childhood, even if establishment Republicans and Democrats alike have collaborated with the present-day Ayers in educational reform. But it’s not just the old Joe McCarthyesque guilt-by-association game, however spurious, that’s going on here. Don’t for an instant believe the many mindlessly “even-handed” journalists who keep saying that the McCain campaign’s use of Ayers is the moral or political equivalent of the Obama campaign’s hammering on Charles Keating.

What .......
  2. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

then there's irony of two misrepresentative and petty anti-Obama ads right below your post here in this thread...

"paid for by Palin-McCain '08"

ridiculous... this country is a mess.... mainly because 35% of it is stuck in the Jim Crow era...
  3. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I'm not happy to hear this from McCain supporters. It's just wrong.
  4. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Ah, the New York Times... doing what they do: offing anyone right of Jimmy Carter.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ -z-z-z

//
  5. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

sorta like your newspaper of choice, the moonie owned Washout Times
  6. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +285 / 5 / -8

Nah, the Washington Times is a sort of second-rate print-based Fox News. The NYT is part of the real media. It's insulting to even draw a rough equivalency. (Cue the argument from badly fact-check puff pieces in 5...4...3...2...1...) Yeah, I'm talking hard news and editorial page reporting, not "lifestyle"/"metro" stuff.
  7. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +476 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

I don't think Obama is a terrorist or even close to being a terrorist. what bothers me about Obama ... and perhaps he sees it now is that the ends do not always justify the means. People who hate America, people who are criminals ... unless they represent another country he should steer clear of them. As to those representing other countries ... well that's an entire other problem for other threads ... sometimes you have to dance with them for diplomacy purposes. I think anyone who actively believes communism or any form of it belongs in this country is not a person our future President should be dealing with ... directly anyways.
  8. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

I don't know a single right winger (not on this board) who would rely on anything in the Washington Times. It's not even a real newspaper. If you walk around the Senate and go into Republican offices, you won't see a copy of the Washington Times because it's a joke. I had a conservative economics professor in college who wouldn't even allow me to cite it.
  9. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +476 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

There's such a fine line now between legitimate papers/sources and hack/biased ones ... sometimes the lines are blurred. Even the Washington Post and the NY Times are way too biased and they are considered reasonably good sources.
  10. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

That is such a joke to equate the two. The Wall Street Journal is a conservative newspaper that people use because it has credibility. The NYT may have a detectable liberal bias, but it's accurate, and if it makes a mistake it owns up to it. The right seems to try and undermine the source whenever a negative story comes out about them, but it's just sour grapes since they are usually at the center of stories about bad policy and corruption. The Washington Times is just smear rag without any credibility whatsoever, which is why it's not even popular among right wing circles, since citing it often leads to embarrassment.
  11. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +476 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

you are leaving out bias by omission Wildo ... and i did not say the Wall Street Journal. Accurate reporting with no omission is a far cry from accurate reporting with omission ... there is no comparison.