PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Team of the Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steeleagle

Banned
Reaction score
The good news is that the Patriots will be the team of the decade AND believe me, that is something to be proud of. The bad news is that this team of the decade will not be rated any better than the Packers, Steelers, 49ers, or Cowboys. I for one am not in anyway a Patriot fan however, I was
just as shocked as anyone of the outcome of the game. It just goes to show how terribly hard a perfect season is, and why it has only been done once. As not only a fan of my hometown Steelers but, as a huge fan of the NFL, I thought this was a great year for the Patriots and their drive for perfection brought alot of attention to the league from viewers that do not normally watch football. I was just surprised at how the large majority of all fans outside New England area wanted the Patriots to lose... I guess by their accomplishments, they became the team that people love to hate. Losing the Super Bowl, as bad as it is was not the worst part. There are 42 other Super Bowl losers on record however, there is now only one team in NFL history that ever lost going after their 19th victory of the season. That is a stat that everyone whether they are a football fan or not, will remember...OUCH!

But putting everything into prospective....It is a game and form of entertainment that ranks way below the more important issues our country has.

The good news is that the Patriots will be the team of the decade AND believe me, that is something to be proud of. The bad news is that this team of the decade will not be rated any better than the Packers, Steelers, 49ers, or Cowboys.

For now the Packers, Steelers, and 49ers are on hold. I disagree on the Cowboys however as we have already passed them. The Cowboys only won one playoff game after their 4 year run. The Patriots made another SB, another AFCCG and in 2005 alone equaled the Cowboys one playoff win.

Nice post but weird since you broke balls in another thread asking if the thud the Patriots made when they hit the ground registered; is this your other personality coming out or is the other post the real you?

I know you're a Steelers fan so high school was probably the best ten years of your life, but the decade is not over yet, so can the "we can't put them up there with the Packers, Steelers, 49er's, Cowboys" crap..................

Nice post but weird since you broke balls in another thread asking if the thud the Patriots made when they hit the ground registered; is this your other personality coming out or is the other post the real you?

I know you're a Steelers fan so high school was probably the best ten years of your life, but the decade is not over yet, so can the "we can't put them up there with the Packers, Steelers, 49er's, Cowboys" crap..................

The Dynasty was in question because the Pats were going for 4 in 7, where as the Steelers did it in 6 and the 9ers in 8. So had the Pats done it, they'd have surpassed the niners and had legitimate claim as best ever. Also, the Niners had different coaches, Walsh won 3, so Bill B would have choined Noll as the only 4-0 SB Coach. That is why I rooted against him. To protect my tradition.

As for the Cowboys, they haven't won a playoff game since their last SB Win, that EFFING NEIL gave to them...so they are easily forgotten as a good 4 year run and that's it, plus they had 2 coaches. The Pats are way different. They've been in it almost every year, year in and year out and that makes them above the Boys, and on par with the 9ers for sure.

As for the Packers...well the freaking Trophy is named after their coach...so that's kind of the "foundation" for all modern hard helmet football isn't it...I mean, they only have 3 rings and have 1 loss...but they are...The Freaking Green Bay Packers...so...its like...they kind of win on Tradition. If it was the Rooney Trophy...now that would rock :)

Good points all around; the Packers were brilliant in the 1960's, then when Lombardi walked away to coach the Redskins, they drifted off to mediocrity for what, thirty years? They beat us in 1997, then lost to Denver and have been up and down (mostly down) ever since, aside from this year, where they had that game gift wrapped by the Giants and handed it right back to them............

They were a horrible team; even a great hall of fame coach can't make chicken salad out of chicken sh!t, which Parcells will find out in Doofin land soon enough................

Agreed, same reason Bill B couldn't win in cleveland...well...no one could win in cleveland...but still...if things are in place and your ownership and gm aren't on the same level...you won't win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes