PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The team missing Charlie Weiss

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Madden called a better game from the booth.

whats the point? you think he is coming back? why post this?

Digger44 said:
whats the point? you think he is coming back? why post this?

Why reply?

I think the team misses Mangini more than Weiss. Mangini was a wizard working with a suspect secondary. I say if mangini was here...Manning would have looked like Joe Average in Sunday's game like he always did.

F.B.N. said:
I think the team misses Mangini more than Weiss. Mangini was a wizard working with a suspect secondary. I say if mangini was here...Manning would have looked like Joe Average in Sunday's game like he always did.
Yeah, like in last year's Indy game :rolleyes: :confused:

Ain't it great to have the board back...

Now the rush is on to blame somebody for a 6-2 record at the half.

MoLewisrocks said:
Ain't it great to have the board back...

Now the rush is on to blame somebody for a 6-2 record at the half.

Bump! Glad to see things are finally getting back to normal.:D

F.B.N. said:

You're joking ... I hope.

MrClutch said:
Why reply?

Why stick your butt in where it doesn't belong?

And how was it exactly that Charlie Weiss prevented the turnovers and coached so well that the defense didn't commit killer penalties ?? What am I missing ?

What you are missing is that we played a team very vulnerable to the strength of our offense, our running game. The game plan was to rely on the pass, and try to match Indy's passing offense. We played the entire second half in panic mode, as if we were two touchdowns down and the only way to catch up was through the air. The game plan was terrible; the second half offensive adjustments were worse. You'd think our running backs were Pass and Evans, instead of Dillon and Maroney.

Yes, we almost won in spite of the horrible play calling.

arrellbee said:
And how was it exactly that Charlie Weiss prevented the turnovers and coached so well that the defense didn't commit killer penalties ?? What am I missing ?

mgteich said:
Madden called a better game from the booth.
I would imagine we'd miss someone who's able to command a 10 year deal at 3 mil a year. Maybe Charlie's moving on is because he somehow felt "blocked" by Bill Belichick?

I'm ready to move on to the next game already. But I cannot sit here and find a reasonable excuse for why we gave up on the running game when everyone in the country knew that we were running down the throat of the Colts defense and we abandoned running almost completely in the 2nd half.

Yes, I miss Charlie Weiss.

Josh McDaniels is not a good enough OC for this offense.

He's holding us back. We are not where we should be with half the season over.

If he turns it around. Then great. I'll compliment him all the way back to Foxboro. But from this die-hard fan, I'll say this: Josh is the reason we have lost 2 games...not the defenses...Eric Mangini can stay in New York forever. I want Charlie back.

arrellbee said:

Charlie as an older man and a mean SOB, would have ripped someone a new one. That is how. Josh may be just to young to get that respect and fear.

The person that want's Eric back is smoking crack. Dan is much better and the only reason the D got better last year was because of Dan.

mosi said:
Charlie as an older man and a mean SOB, would have ripped someone a new one. That is how. Josh may be just to young to get that respect and fear.

He'll get the respect by winning, as will all of the coaches.

Seems to me that when Charlie was here, there were numerous posts knocking his play calling after a loss or very tight win.

This preoccupation with Charlie Weiss is senseless.

My comment was:
arrellbee said:

For those who may have forgotten, Charlie Weiss, in all his greatness, also could NOT call a game that made up for 4 interceptions. Facts - they lost ALL of the games where Tom Brady had 4 INTs and Weiss was OC::

2001 - Broncos - Lost
2003 - Bills - Lost
2004 - Dolphins - Lost

arrellbee said:
This preoccupation with Charlie Weiss is senseless.

My comment was:

For those who may have forgotten, Charlie Weiss, in all his greatness, also could NOT call a game that made up for 4 interceptions. Facts - they lost ALL of the games where Tom Brady had 4 INTs and Weiss was OC::

2001 - Broncos - Lost
2003 - Bills - Lost
2004 - Dolphins - Lost
I'd like to see Brady's 3 int games and if they resulted in wins or losses. I beleive there was a redskin game in there.

I think the offense is missing branch and givens more. They were once very deep with branch, givens, patten, and brown. Now only one is left. In reality they are gonna need another season to develop chemistry. I think they need to get maybe a little more conservative and rely on the defense more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes