Welcome to PatsFans.com

The Tea Party....the 3rd party?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatriotsReign, Dec 18, 2009.

1. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +149 / 1 / -9

If the Tea Party group respresents those who are upset over gov't spending and our soaring deficit, then it truly could gain enough momentum to create a third party.

As it stands, they are associating themselve with the republican party, but I strongly feel that's a huge mistake. There are too many moderate democrats like myself that would be willing to consider joining this movement as long as it's NOT part of the republican party.

It is my opinion that the Tea Party group would be better off as a potential third party that is inclusive of unhappy democrats and republicans. If they get caught up in such idiocy as "family values", they are doomed.

Any thoughts?
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

The Republicans who aren't cowering wimps and who tremble with fear whenever a Vicious Democrat (pelosi) snarls at them should leave the "wimpy republicans" and join The Tea Party, this Tea Party thing is very quietly growing and growing, the Left Wing laughs and trys their best to disgrace them and that is good the more the Far Left shows their Hate & Fear of them the larger they will get.

America Will Come Back
  3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

I think they are aligning themselves to the GOP, because of a couple of reasons. They feel that their platform of limited government, and low taxation, appeals to the traditional ideals of the Republican party. They probably figure that the GOP has lost its way over the years, and that a new party could attract a sizable portion of it's members with the right message. Furthermore, while you want to be separate yourself from teh status quo, you can't do it to the point where people think of you as fringe. Familiar, but not quite the same, they feel may make people more comfortable crossing over. That's just some possibilities anyway.

Yes PR, there are a lot of disgruntled, old school, conservative dems out there. I think it could be a mistake to align too much with republicans. I personally think that they should mention the old principles of the republican party, but try to stay as simple, and as independent as possible. Personally, I'd love to see a viable 3rd party. I think Coke & Pepsi have so watered themselves down, that both have been overrun by extremists, and niether has a core set of principles, or a platform, that works for Americans. I welcome the Tea Party, the Libertarian Party, the Green Party, etc.
  4. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Actually, it seems as they are trying to shed that image (and they should). I think that the roots come from many fiscally responsible repubs that were appalled at some of what Bush was doing, and has now been magnified 10 fold by Obama.

Bottom line - Initially, it was conservative/Repub but drifting away from that. But as RW say's their ideals align traditionally conservative and they will draw heavily from that well.
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
  5. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

Tea Party=America as it was and as it should be.
  6. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +294 / 6 / -5

Crazy people whining about fiscal irresponsibility despite being completely silent during one of the most fiscally irresponsible administrations in history?
  7. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

We're in the middle of the most fiscally irresponsible administration, and they are not being silent. This statement makes no sense.
  8. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +294 / 6 / -5

Actually that's incorrect, and it makes perfect sense.

The Bush administration was far more irresponsible. Where were these tea partiers between 2000-2008?
  9. Mabeyitstrue

Mabeyitstrue Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

lol easy answer,

There wasn't a black guy as Prez..........Its funny how all the closest racists come out the woodwork.

It has nothing to do with spending or healthcare or climate change, its all about a bunch of red neck racists to stupid to come out the 19th century. Its ok for a white guy to give tax breaks to the rich but god forbid a black guy giving back to the poor. Its ok for a white guy to spend trillons on a war but its not ok for a black guy to spend money on his own people(stimulus).

You can say its not about race till your blue in the face, but untill you can tell me why you just stared these tea party's I'll assume I'm right.
  10. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +149 / 1 / -9

Jackie boy! Of course people don't get as upset about spending when we're in a boom...duh!:eek:

Hopefully we'll learn from this experience and NOT spend like idiots during the next boom. Fiscal responsibility should be the MO no matter what the economic environment.
  11. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

-----Yup-----
  12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

Don't think I'll touch this one........:singing:
  13. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +149 / 1 / -9

You REALLY need to further your education pal!

I voted for Obama AND I'm pissed off over the rampant spending. You do realize that there are millions of democrats who are moderates, do you not?

"A black guy"....:rolleyes:

Who TF cares what color of his skin is? It has nothing to do with what's upsetting & scaring people. But bring up the race card, it's the easy way out for those who don't know their arse from their elbow.
  14. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Liberal RULE #214 -

When it doubt, and in desperate need to silence the discussion. PLACE THE RACE CARD.

[​IMG]

:rolleyes: Seriously... try to keep up with the discussion.
  15. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +149 / 1 / -9

I've come to the conclusion that some liberals desperately want to believe Obama is doing great partly because he is our first black president. Personally, I don't root for presidents, I root for our country.

Presidents come & go as will this one.
  16. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +249 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

It's because the obamans are dirty - and I'm not talking about his skin color :

FOXNews.com - Democratic Districts Won Twice as Much Stimulus as GOP Districts, Study Shows

"Democratic districts have received nearly twice as much stimulus money as Republican districts and the cash has been awarded without regard to how badly an area was suffering from job losses, according to a new study."
  17. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +294 / 6 / -5

Of course, you could also come to the conclusion that some conservatives want Obama to fail and/or have serious issues with his race, hence the whole "birther" movement.

Don't think it's really a significant number on either side (although the numbers of Republicans who either don't know or don't believe Obama is an American citizen are pretty worrisome).
  18. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Likewise, there is probably a subset that would like to see him fail because he is the first black president. Nobody denies that. I think it is a much smaller % then the dems want to believe.

For me, I want him to fail because I think his policies are disastrous for this country, or at least will be. If it were all about race, I wouldn't be so supportive of THIS GUY. I think he'll be a rising star in the "new" republican party, or even the new 3rd party (which I think is inevitable). I love his message, his passion, and his story.
  19. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Saw that, started it on it's own thread cuz I felt it deserved it. Sickening
  20. Mabeyitstrue

Mabeyitstrue Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Right-wing circle jerk in here aye!

Still can't answer my question?????? why did the tea party's just start up? why not 8 years ago? and no stupid excuses like it was good times so we didn't think about it.

If you just started worring about the debt, your an idiot.........you should of been doing tea partys 20 years ago.