Welcome to PatsFans.com

The Tea Party eats itself

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +392 / 15 / -14

Given the many intellectual faux pas the Tea Party candidates have made, especially Bachmann and Perry, it's no surprise that ignorant group is destroying itself. Huntsman drops out and endorses Romney, who has trouble commanding more than 30% of the Republican primary vote; Bachmann drops out, but doesn't endorse anyone. The reality is that if the Tea Party candidates were as mature as Huntsman and united around one candidate, the vote would likely be much closer. But, instead the Tea Party leadership, a likely reflection of the Tea Party members, are just a bunch of selfish people, who apparently are too egotistical to drop out and unite around one candidate. Realistically, the Republican primary at this point should be between Romney, Paul, and a Tea Party member, but thankfully the Tea Party is busy destroying itself. It's nice to see. Though I'm not a Romney supporter, of course, I'm glad he'll get the nomination.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  2. Gainzo

Gainzo In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +65 / 1 / -2

#11 Jersey

None of the candidates left in the race can call themselves Tea-Party members.

Gingrich, Santourm and Paul* are career Washington hacks. Perry has been Governor of Texas for a decade and Romney has been running for public office since the early '90's.

*No matter what Paul "stands for" he has been in Washington for a long time.

3. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,455 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

I felt at the beginning of the tea party as I do now ... it's better as an idea than a party. Same thing for the OWS people ... they have some good ideas that are best adopted by the parties. I don't really see how any 3rd party could ever be viable unless a few billionaires were behind to fund it.

Also ... never saw how the tea party could make it with the slow dying death of the strict conservatives and the unrealistic platform of the libertarians.

4. Gainzo

Ratings:
    +65 / 1 / -2

#11 Jersey

I agree.

The thing about the Tea Party is that they want a small government but a huge military. It seems to me that they want to cut all social safety nets to save money but at the same time all those "savings" will be pumped into the defense budget. I don't get it.

5. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You just really don't have the first clue what a primary is, do you? :bricks:

6. Gainzo

Ratings:
    +65 / 1 / -2

#11 Jersey

What say you Wolfie? Who is going to win the GOP nomination?

7. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think it's pretty clear that Romney is the front runner and will go on to win. In fact, to me that's so obvious at this point that I can't really understand why you even bother to ask the question. :confused:

8. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,455 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

If DC cut social spending we would have chaos in many inner cities. Entire micro economies exist in these inner cities based on social spending. Cutting social spending in turn closes many tiny businesses and leads to boarded up buildings and people leaving. Even the deportation of illegals has had a massive effect in this area - more than many people may realize.

I am more of a cut wasteful spending and grow the tax base kind of person. Help businesses through tax breaks compete with some of the sweat shops overseas until the gap closes a bit more naturally (which is already happening). So I like the cut the wasteful spending part of the tea party people. I also like the help the homeless part of the OWS people among other things.

I am for cutting in the military but it has to be done slowly ... perhaps not as much cutting as perhaps just level funding for the next 20 years without inflation factored in. Cannot just cut military people or budgets overnight without hurting the economy through business closings and/or extra people in the workplace who cannot find jobs and go on welfare and government assistance.

9. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1

The guy asked a pretty benign, straitforward question, which you butchered again, with a side order of condescension. He's supposed to just know your opinion regarding your party's field of failure? LOL...

A lot can happen in two months, especially for a mormon. It's pretty clear you just have no clue about a primary.

10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +870 / 2 / -9

The "Bigoted" Left Wing will destroy Romney on his religion, they will do exactly what they accuse the Right Wing of doing to The Muslims.

Jug Ears will remain in office and God only knows what he will do then, he has nothing to lose it will be his second term, Michelle will act up also, I'm going to hide.

Jesus Help Us

11. Gainzo

Ratings:
    +65 / 1 / -2

#11 Jersey

Why would the left wing give a crap about Romney's religion? The right wing are the ones bringing up that stuff.

12. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1

Exactly. But this is what posters like Harry have to do in order to project. They create ironic false narratives of what "would" happen.

Obama, and his supporters, don't need to ever utter the word "Mormon" at all this year to still beat Romney by 3 touchdowns. The Mormon is a shape-shifting fraud, who has serious trouble speaking without looking like a silver-spooned ass-munch.

13. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +704 / 7 / -2

So long as he isn't "clinging" to it. ;)

14. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +704 / 7 / -2

The Tea Party has done a tremendous service to this country, as it's pointed out, and awoken the public to the disastrous spending policies of government. Fiscal issues are now at the forefront of the political discussion, which is critical with our debt at $15 trillion and counting.

15. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Oh really? "Anything can happen"? So tell us then, when has a candidate ever won Iowa, won New Hampshire, had this big of a lead in the polls, and then failed to secure the party's nomination?

Since you know so much about primaries, put up or shut up. Of course, no one in here thinks you're actually capable of doing either one of those things. So we all know you're going to respond to this post with insults and anger, but not with an answer to my question.

16. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It's pathetic how the self-proclaimed "only minded, tolerant" left are pretty much the only ones talking about Romney's mormonism as much as they can.

17. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You really should open your eyes to reality. The first person to bring up that subject in this thread was Titus. Liberals make sure to bring it up as often as they can. But it's different when liberals do it, right?

18. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,455 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

Mav is just trying to get you angry wolf ... that what was he did as maverick4 and that's what he does now as titus pullo.

19. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

:rofl: Remember folks, only conservatives bring up Romney's religion! Liberals would never do that! Nope! No they wouldn't! You'll never see a liberal mentioning Romney's faith! :rofl:

20. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1

Leave it to an arrogant conservative to assert how "things have always been, so that's why I'm right." LOL.

Telling me to shut up will guarantee that I don't, just on general principle. Especially a whiner like you.

You can run your mouth as vehemently as you like. But in the end, you're still talking about a Mormon who the crazy evangelicals will not flock to. You're also still talking about a candidate who can't stop putting his silver foot in his blabbering mouth. And you're still talking about a primary race that has actually had Michelle Bachmann and Herm Cain in the lead at one point or another.

Except for the 100% of the time that I do. Most satisfyingly, at your goofy expense.

Project much?

I answered it by showing how irrelevant your latest smarmy assertion is. And if you weren't so dyed-in-the-wool conservative, you'd realize that things are never locked in just because "that's the way it's always been."

Anyway, now that you're fanned your feathers like a dumb pea**** again, I guess that kinda leaves you rooting for the shape-shifter now, doesn't it? This should be fun.

Regardless, all the man asked was who you thought was gonna win. But instead of just saying "Romney," you had to be yourself about it, per usual.