Welcome to PatsFans.com

The tea party and race

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by JackBauer, Apr 8, 2010.

1. JackBauer

JackBauer Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +861 / 6 / -9

Finally, we have a study from the University of Washington that examines some of the views of the teabaggers on race. Of course, I've long believed through my experiences and run-ins with tea partiers in Washington, DC that race drives much of their animus, and finally there is some data to bear that out.

To wit:

UW :: WISER

2. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,814 / 35 / -29

#87 Jersey

I can always tell on this forum who grew up in poor multi racial communities and who grew up on the better side of the tracks. You jack have lived a sheltered life. Most blacks I knew hated latinos and the Latinos hated the blacks. You need to get out in the real world ... these internet studies are showing how green you are.

Scholars Ask Why Latinos View Blacks Poorly

Some of you here really should not start these racism discussions.

Real racism ... well it's out there in the real world ... you just don't live in that world or at least did not grow up in it. But you can feel better about yourself by making these threads. Doesn't it just give you goosebumps thinking you're a better white person than another white person.

You're a fraud Jack ... thanks for proving it.

3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +839 / 7 / -3

Nah, no race baiting going on here. Nope.

4. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

5. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I'd love to see these "1,015 residents of Nevada, Michigan, Missouri, Ohio, North Carolina, Georgia and California"

The survey found that 30 percent of respondents had never heard of the tea party, but among those who had, 32 percent strongly approved of it. In that group, 56 percent of Republicans strongly approved, 31 percent of independents strongly approved and 5 percent of Democrats strongly approved.

:eek:

I'm sure the good professor doesn't have an agenda either.

:rolleyes2:

6. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +357 / 6 / -4

#91 Jersey

I goota better name....Troll-B-Gone :singing:

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  7. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,814 / 35 / -29

#87 Jersey

[​IMG]

8. JackBauer

Ratings:
    +861 / 6 / -9

Wait, so your evidence of the authors purported bias is a well-reviewed book about the contributions of black soldiers in WWII?

So basically your argument is that he's too biased because he's written about the contributions of blacks previously in history. Shocking.

Meanwhile, the "contributions" of Wolfpack and Real World are all too predictable. There is no race baiting here. This is data, and it's pretty black and white, so to speak. So either offer a rejoinder, or scurry off to your basement to watch some more Glenn Beck or whatever it is you do in your free time.

9. JackBauer

Ratings:
    +861 / 6 / -9

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to be frank, here. You cannot possibly be this dense.

What do the views of blacks and Latinos relative to the respective racial groups have anything to do with this study? So far I've seen obfuscation and ad hominems (from the very saint on this forum who professes to eschew such tactics), but not anything approaching a response or rebuttal to the data proffered.

Typical.

10. mgcolby

mgcolby Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

I love this stuff! Whitey is bad when he says anything negative about race-n! But what the hell does race-n's view on other race's have to do with the premise!

Stop changing the subject!!!

It's awesome to read these threads!

How about the fact that an overwhelming majority of African-Americans are against gay rights? Is that not the kettle calling the pot black?

Or is that not ok say these days either?

11. JackBauer

Ratings:
    +861 / 6 / -9

Uh, what?

Did you take your meds before you wrote this post? Because it's borderline incomprehensible.

African-Americans are known to be more homophobic than your average American. I'm not exactly sure how that's relevant. People keep positing examples of racism in different contexts as if it somehow mitigates the data from this study. It doesn't.

But I guess I see how this hits home for some, when it's revealed that the "grassroots" movement of "disaffected" Americans is really a bunch of bitter Republicans and... well... I'm sure you can piece together the remainder of the puzzle.

Because the fact remains: if these people were really, truly motivated by their aversion to government spending, they would have manifested themselves, oh, six or seven years ago.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  12. mgcolby

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

If you can't figure out how that is relevant to this post (your post) then maybe you need to get your head out of your ass and learn how to be objective, no? :confused:

Stop relying on your selective "study" to generalize people in the way you view them!

13. JackBauer

Ratings:
    +861 / 6 / -9

Yes. You're right. Because if anyone here is objective, it's you.

I'll allow you to teach me. Please, explain to me, in detail, how what you posted is relevant. Thanks in advance.

What exactly are you relying on to support your belief in the contrary? Perhaps you can point to some of the methodological or intellectual flaws in the study to support your opinion?

14. mgcolby

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

You and tanked_as_usual come from the same school of idiocy. Keep asking questions that have no relevant point, while ignoring what is stated until the person in question either stops responding or sinks to your level of stupidity and finally calls you an idiot out of frustration. At which point you declare victory.

A wise man once told me to never argue with an idiot because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience!

I'm not going there, so enjoy yourself, I'm taking my meds and boy do they make me sleepy! :cool:

15. JackBauer

Ratings:
    +861 / 6 / -9

So, in other words, you have nothing. Thanks for the confirmation.

I guess I'll take a stab at your point for you, since you're either unable to unwilling (probably the former) to do it on your own. Racial bias is wrong. Racial bias exists between various ethnic groups. The tea partiers, who are commonly painted as an uprising of "real Americans" in protest of government spending, have been shown to harbor views that are uncommonly unsympathetic (euphemism) to minorities (which would include the President). This is not relevant because other minority groups have their own prejudices toward other minorities.

If that makes any sense to you whatsoever, please, do let me know.

16. mgcolby

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

Should I point out the irony? You are good for a laugh

17. mgcolby

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

You edited your post. Congrats. Dude you took an obscure study done by a University in a city known for its "liberal" views and expect it to not only certify that the "tea baggers" are nothing but white racists, but also incorporate that people of all races are subject to pockets of racism. But we should ignore the latter, because your linked study proves that white people in Seattle are racist and this in fact is relevant - but pointing out that people of all race's are racist or prejudice in one form or another across the globe, is not relevant.

Enjoy your study!

18. JackBauer

Ratings:
    +861 / 6 / -9

Yep. I edited my post. To correct a grammatical error. You got me!

I do have to give you credit though. You did manage to type an entire paragraph without managing to make a single point. Apparently you think racism is wrong, but that certain incidences of racism excuses other incidences of racism. And you apparently think that this study surveys white people in Seattle, which basically proves we shouldn't take anything you say seriously since you clearly didn't take any time at all to review the study.

Cheers!

19. mgcolby

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

You just proved you're a fraud! I quoted your original post and now you say it was to correct a grammatical error? Yet, your original post was a simple sentence?

I never stated that one groups prejudices excused another's, I simply pointed out that it is not an isolated problem as you suggested with your thread.

I don't understand why you can't stop and comprehend what me and others are telling you in our responses to your thread.

I am as objective as they come, I am not a GOP, a DEM or a "Tea Bagger"! I'm a normal everyday guy that wants what is best for America. That does not mean I know what is best for America, it just simply states that I am not for a single ideology, ideologies that have destroyed our country!

I know I'm changing the subject but here is my "ideology" for the upcoming elections, if your an incumbent I'm not voting for you regardless of party.

But then again as you stated, I'm not objective. I am surely a hard core GOP god-fearing SOB. :rocker:

Which couldn't be farther from the truth!

20. mgcolby

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

Seems objective to me! But wait I'm the uneducated one that didn't read the study.

Maybe, just maybe I read your linked study and followed it further?

Naw, that couldn't be!