PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Tamba Hali Option

Status
Not open for further replies.

PonyExpress

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Hali was considered a top 15 pick before his proday, where he ran poorly. But he plays with an incredible motor, is a great teammate and in everything other than his test results seems like a Pats type player. This week Cleveland's GM Savage discussed 3-4 LBer prospects and mentioned Hali, along with about 6 other candidates, as potential OLBs. (http://www.cleveland.com/sports/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/1145436081301280.xml&coll=2)Savage consults with Crennel about what to look for in that position, which suggests that the Pats are also eyeing Hali for the same reasons. The fact that noone has mentioned or associated this player with the Pats (Kiwi falls into that category as well) pricks my interest. Gil Brandt writes that Kiwanuka is also a potential 3-4 OLB candidate in his DL review(http://www.nfl.com/draft/analysis/expert/brandt/dl), something I have not seen elsewhere. Brandt is connected and he must have heard that 3-4 teams are interested in Kiwi. Anyway, Tamba Hali is now on the radar at #21. Thoughts?

IIRC, early comments questioned his potential for dropping back into coverage. Haven't noticed anything recent re: Patriot potential until I heard we worked him out. Seems like they are working out everyone they can.

Last edited:
Early comments also indicated he was reluctant to consider playing in a two-point stance at OLB. Watching him in the Senior Bowl, I was more inclined to view him as 4-3 DE who played the entire game with his ears pinned back. Lawson and Gocong were more likely to play the down rather then just rush each time, which may account for their nose for the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes