Welcome to PatsFans.com

The Surprise Punt

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by NovaScotiaPatsFan, Sep 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NovaScotiaPatsFan

NovaScotiaPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I haven't seen this mentioned and the search feature is acting up on me, so apologies if it's already been brought up. But man that was awesome, all the little manginas running around like chickens with their heads cut off trying to figure out how to get in punt formation. The only thing that ruined it was Hansen touchbacking it. But still it was an awesome move.
  2. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Absolutely. It all came about because they had burned so many time outs. It's always good to keep the opposition on their toes.
  3. Two Eight

Two Eight Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

They seemed to execute it really well too except for Hanson screwing the pooch (punt). I wonder if they actually practiced that exact situation at some point or just made it up on the fly.
  4. NovaScotiaPatsFan

NovaScotiaPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Hansen is a good punter when there's a lot of field in front of him, but he's not great at directional punts and pinning the other team deep that often.
  5. bbabin

bbabin Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well I bet they've practiced having to get a punt off quickly. Maybe in preparation for a team not yet set correctly. It probably wouldn't be too hard to modify that by having the offense out there first.

I agree, though, I loved that play even if it didn't end up being very successful.
  6. chech1965

chech1965 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What would have been good (and perhaps the intention) is if one man had run onto the field and not gotten off in time. I think they were close enough for a penalty to give them the first down...

:cool:
  7. Mike the Brit

Mike the Brit Minuteman Target PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +215 / 2 / -0

Disable Jersey

'"When the rockets go up, who cares where they come down?"
    "That's not my department", says Wernher von Braun.' (Tom Lehrer)

Well it IS your department, Chris Hanson! That was a great move by BB and you have to go and waste it ...
  8. The Dynasty

The Dynasty Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Everything on that play worked perfectly, besides Hansen's punt. Havent been impressed this season
  9. sieglo

sieglo Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

The surprise punt was my favorite play of the entire game.... largely because it made Mangina look like an incompetent fool.
  10. cmasspatsfan

cmasspatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Better than having a punter that can only kick it 30 yards, we've had one of those in the not too distant past.
  11. ShrewBeer

ShrewBeer Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Hans is def a "glass half full" punter. Got a sick leg, but this year seems to boot it through the goal posts every time. Cant complain though, he's much better than *ahem* ..walter:cool:
  12. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Not that I'm complaining because he has booted a couple of monsters..........but why can't he just aim a little toward the corner on the shorter kicks. He would have a margin of error of 20 yards. I'm guessing that BB doesn't want to take that chance?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.