PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Super Bowl snack thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
12 Bud Light longnecks under snow in my usual aluminum tub with "Go Patriots" painted on the side.

What'd you buy for the other folks?

So far I have
Maine Beer Co, Lunch
Maine Beer Co Lil Sumthing

Oh, thx for reminding me! I also got bottles of Maine Beer's Weez and Red Wheelbarrow. I don't recall being wowed by Weez, but those two were all they had (Remember, I'm stuck in New Jersey....).

The party we were going to was cancelled this morning. So probably doing the game at home with some family. This thread is suddenly very helpful!

Chicken and steak fajitas from Lone Star (not sure if they have that in MA)

Oh, thx for reminding me! I also got bottles of Maine Beer's Weez and Red Wheelbarrow. I don't recall being wowed by Weez, but those two were all they had (Remember, I'm stuck in New Jersey....).
I agree Weez I think is weak compared to the rest of their line
It's 1pm now so I just popped open my first BRUSKII

Everything is on schedule. We're going to head out for couple of last minute purchases (ran out of garlic, etc...). First food will be hitting tables at about 2:30-3:00pm

My family is getting pizza for around 5pm, before that will be chips and salsa, some shrimp and veggies and cheese and pepperoni...yummy....might even have a strawberry margherita today as well. Not too many because I want to be able to watch the game. lol

Call me crazy but I bought a Super Bowl ham.

Steak, Wings, and a local beer.

All I need is my victory cigar!

Bloody Marys
rack of lamb meat pops with garlic and rosemary
Steak bomb on homemade pretzel rolls
Chips with an asadero/chorizo/roasted Anaheim cheese sauce
Crab stuffed mushrooms
Creamed spinach
Beer glazed bacon

Got 5 gal each of a homemade Pilsner urquell and dunkelweizen

Real absinthe to initiate sudden mood swings

UPDATE: lamb and steak replaced with 7lbs of beef tenderloin.... Gonna fondue some and burn some on an iron slab

Everything else is spot on

We decided to only go with 2 types of wings. First batch of wings (Teriyaki) is a hit. I'm making the second batch (Buffalo/hot) now.

Those who are complaining about the coverage on TV can file this post under "ways to ignore most of the TV lead up to the game."

Edit: last minute request led to a small batch of BBQ wings (Rufus Teague FTW)

Last edited:
Those who are complaining about the coverage on TV ...

I've had the TV on since probably 11am... maybe watched 10 mins of it since... 5 of those mins were Kraft telling the world to eff off.

As for beer; I've had: an Oatmeal Stout, the Red Wheelbarrow, and a Zywiec (in honor of Gronk)... what should I start on next?

Bitburger (in honor of Vollmer)
Dupont Saison
Delirium Nocturnum
La Chouffe
Weez from Maine beer Co.
Sam'l Smith: India Pale Ale
more Sam'l Smith Stout, and more Zywiec...??

UPDATE: lamb and steak replaced with 7lbs of beef tenderloin.... Gonna fondue some and burn some on an iron slab

Everything else is spot on

UPDATE: 2lbs of tenderloin in 1 inch cubes deep fried on a pretzel roll with some chorizo queso... We win by 20

Trying to calm the nerves

ah5OpCPDiQrKRSmaatGOT7Xnvemh0jNQlIm5wsz8EuG0irbGKdW-cchtqAK8m8w2fmfL5gb8yh4=w1347-h591

Maker's Mark bourbon

Great idea tonight, hopefully you feel the same tomorrow!

When the game starts, as soon as the ball is kicked, I bite into a Jazz Apple. I have not done that the 4 times they lost, but have done it every single time they won. Strange, but I'm not screwing with it now. After that snack its just water for me during the game.

Thanks for insuring the victory!

My gametime treat is what I refer to as the crystal meth of chips:

3f77d8ca1ffc300fc61c8e5e1f94eaa8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back