PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Super Bowl is KILLING me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michigan Dave

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I really can't take this. The Super Bowl has taken over my town. Ann Arbor is about 25 minutes from downtown Detroit. I thought I could cope with the SB being played without the Pats, but really, I can't. It's painful. EVERYTHING is Super Bowl related. I figured I could easily cheer the Steelers in this one, win it for Bettis, and be done. But I can't. It's only Tuesday. Worse yet, I'm going to the NFL Experience, and some SB stuff downtown on Friday. Please, make it stop. The only positive is that Willie is hanging out in the D this week, and I'll probably get to holler at him Friday. Is this week especially painful for anyone else? Or am I alone here?

It's painful, but I've already begun to let the pain fade. I've changed my focus to 2006 and the ass-whoop I hope we put on every single team we face. I hope the team feels the same way. I hope they look at 2006 as a year where they're going to come back and show everyone that it won't be so simple to get rid of them. I also hope that the next time we play a game that's worked by the officiating team that worked Denver that a few of our players 'accidentally' run a few Zebras over.

Just a normal work week here. I've heard there's some kind of game going on this weekend, but that ladies Curling match on Canadian TV is looking pretty tempting.

Brownfan80 said:
It's painful, but I've already begun to let the pain fade. I've changed my focus to 2006 and the ass-whoop I hope we put on every single team we face. I hope the team feels the same way. I hope they look at 2006 as a year where they're going to come back and show everyone that it won't be so simple to get rid of them. I also hope that the next time we play a game that's worked by the officiating team that worked Denver that a few of our players 'accidentally' run a few Zebras over.
Yea, or a few more bullet throws by Brady into their faces might improve their collective vision!!!! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
PatsChick87 said:
Yea, or a few more bullet throws by Brady into their faces might improve there collective vision!!!! :p

I was actually thinking that same exact thing. :D

Hey, you and T-shirt are green now!? Share the love dagnabbit! Gimme some rep! I think it's due! haha.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Brownfan80 again."

Sorry, gave you positive Rep some time ago for something or other. :)

T-ShirtDynasty said:

???Did I miss something in the coffee this morning?

PatsChick87 said:
???Did I miss something in the coffee this morning?
Nope, you didn't miss anything. I slipped it in when your back was turned like always. Muwahahah.

T-ShirtDynasty said:

sonofa... that was like a month ago!

I'm never gonna get green. hell i'd even take red at this point. gray is not my color.

thanks for trying though, haha.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Nope, you didn't miss anything. I slipped it in when your back was turned like always. Muwahahah.

Well ok then, as long as I didn't see it = zero liability ;)

Michigan Dave said:
I really can't take this. The Super Bowl has taken over my town. Ann Arbor is about 25 minutes from downtown Detroit. I thought I could cope with the SB being played without the Pats, but really, I can't. It's painful. EVERYTHING is Super Bowl related. I figured I could easily cheer the Steelers in this one, win it for Bettis, and be done. But I can't. It's only Tuesday. Worse yet, I'm going to the NFL Experience, and some SB stuff downtown on Friday. Please, make it stop. The only positive is that Willie is hanging out in the D this week, and I'll probably get to holler at him Friday. Is this week especially painful for anyone else? Or am I alone here?

Here in Massachusetts it's just the opposite. No one is talking Super Bowl. No Super Bowl signs at every business. All the Super Bowl paper plates, napkins and big bottles of popcorn at the stores are just sitting there. Untouched and collecting dust. New England is the area the Super Bowl forgot. :(

Central Pa Fan

All I hear about is how good the Steelers are and that the Patriots run is over. :mad:

Last edited:
I feel for you, Dave. It can't be easy being in the host area! It's only going to get worse, I'm afraid. But it's over soon, so stay strong!

I remember when my husband and I lived in New York City...it was always hosting something. It was so disruptive living there and just being bombarded with events all the time. What a zoo!

eta: Brownfan, T-shirt and Patchick are indeed green, but they are still also unknown quantities. I'm not sure that even if T-shirt could give you positive rep that it would change your status. Sadly, I think you need to be "On a Distinguished road" to give someone positive rep and have it count.

Last edited:
Bella*chick said:
I fel for you, Dave. It can't be easy being in the host area! It's only going to get worse, I'm afraid. But it's over soon, so stay strong!

I remember when my husband and I lived in New York City...it was always hosting something. It was so disruptive living there and just being bombarded with events all the time. What a zoo!

eta: Brownfan, T-shirt and Patchick are indeed green, but they are still also unknown quantities. I'm not sure that even if T-shirt could give you positive rep that it would change your status. Sadly, I think you need to be "On a Distinguished road" to give someone positive rep and have it count.

Thanks for the info. I just wish the system wasn't so whacked with regard to new users vs established guys. I've been around for years now and I'm not green, but if a new joe schmoe signs up, they are green! whack! not that it really matters in the scheme of things, but I'm just saying.

Brownfan80 said:
Thanks for the info. I just wish the system wasn't so whacked with regard to new users vs established guys. I've been around for years now and I'm not green, but if a new joe schmoe signs up, they are green! whack! not that it really matters in the scheme of things, but I'm just saying.
Yeah, but are they a green that actually matters? I wonder about this rep stuff too, namely, why do we have it at all. What purpose does it serve, really? Even if someone is red, that doesn't stop me from reading or responding to their posts. And most of the worst trolls were not red anyway, because they were newly registered users. They were green!

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Just a normal work week here. I've heard there's some kind of game going on this weekend, but that ladies Curling match on Canadian TV is looking pretty tempting.
Are the ladies nude that might be worth looking into.:D

Bella*chick said:
Yeah, but are they a green that actually matters? I wonder about this rep stuff too, namely, why do we have it at all. What purpose does it serve, really? Even if someone is red, that doesn't stop me from reading or responding to their posts. And most of the worst trolls were not red anyway, because they were newly registered users. They were green!

I don't know what the purpose of it is, yet oddly, I still want me some of that!

Well, I'm still green and an unknown.

But if you look at he dot by my name, its red all of the time. It says that I'm invisable.

Must have been talking to my wife.

Last edited:
doug64 said:
All I hear about is how good the Steelers are and that the Patriots run is over. :mad:
Your first post. Welcome to the board.

Michigan Dave said:

I understand. I tried to tell myself, "Self, this year you'll be able to relax and enjoy the SuperBowl, instead of nearly having several heart attacks throughout the game," but it hasn't worked. I'm truly bummed and the feeling doesn't get any better as game time approaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes