PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Super Bowl is becoming meaningless

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about you, but I don't watch the tournament praying that all the seeding will hold so we get to see the supposed best 4 teams battling it out in the final four.
Nor do I. I just pray for Duke to lose.

Maybe we should bring back the XFL. lol

No need to fix what ain't broke. AFC/NFC dominance is cyclical. Existing NFL championship format is the best by far of all the major sports.

The NFC won 15 straight Super Bowls at one point, so the AFC dominance is in its infancy compared to that stretch...It's completely cyclical...The AFC teams do not have a competitive advantage over the NFC ones, it's not like the high payroll teams are in one conference and the low ones in others...It's all the same.
That wasn't quite the same. If you add up all the won-less records of either conference during those years, you would see their records are fairly even. It's just the the NFC kept coming up with the one or two dominant teams (Dallas & San Francisco, Green Bay), but they also had some of the worse teams too (no "anti-kudos" for teh bad teams). Compared to now where the NFC sometimes only produces 4 or 5 winning teams in the whole conference, and the won-loss records between the two are really lopsided, something like 40-24 last year, which is grossly significant at such a scale.

That's useless. One loss by a higher seed and the whole thing's a wreck. Think NCAA basketball tournament.

JEEZ!!!! HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY IT. IT'S NOT ABOUT GUARANTEEING THAT THE TWO BEST TEAMS PLAY IN THE SUPERBOWL ITS ABOUT GIVING THEM THE CHANCE SHOULD THEY WIN ALL OF THEIR MATCHUPS. IT'S A SIMPLE CONCEPT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes