PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Sugar Plum Fairies vs. the NE Patriots Offense

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsWickedPissah

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
OK so I missed the 2nd half of the Panthers game because I went to see Sunday evening's "The Nutcracker" in Boston. Watching the excellent production, several Pats related thoughts came to mind.

The eleven Sugar Plum Faries performed without a hitch. Each of the eleven brought her A game and executed her role flawlessly. No one member sulked or took off spins. Every SPF, as they're known to us ballet cognescenti, had trained hard for months before the performance which enabled these professional atheletes to leap far higher and spin more gracefully, sorta like Wes Welker in his patented quickspin reverse direction move. Dancing as a team, they executed the routine precisely as the offensive coordinator, I mean coreographer, had planned it. No false starts. The line executed seamlessly as a unit. The OC's gameplan BTW was excellent. Perfectly coordinated with the music. Well planned in advance. No bad routines called. Admitedly, these 90 something pound professionals were not being body slammed by nasty 300 LB mice in this production but they did what they were trained to do, performed at a high level throughout, unachievable by even us atheletic mortals, and seemed quite happy in their performance regardless of how many times they'd run the same routines over and over.

Perhaps Belichick should bring the offense to the next performance to illustrate how real professional atheletes can carefuly follow a well thought out game plan as a team, performing without mental error and not appearing disturbingly morose while doing so.

Last edited:
Re: The Sugar Plum Faries vs the NE Patriots Offense

OK so I missed the 2nd half of the Panthers game because I went to see Sunday evening's "The Nutcracker" in Boston. Watching the excellent production, several Pats related thoughts came to mind.

The eleven Sugar Plum Faries performed without a hitch. Each of the eleven brought her A game and executed her role flawlessly. No one member sulked or took off spins. Every SPF, as they're known to us ballet cognescenti, had trained hard for months before the performance which enabled these professional atheletes to leap far higher and spin more gracefully, sorta like Wes Welker in his patented quickspin reverse direction move. Dancing as a team, they executed the routine precisely as the offensive coordinator, I mean coreographer, had planned it. No false starts. The line executed seamlessly as a unit. The OC's gameplan BTW was excellent. Perfectly coordinated with the music. Well planned in advance. No bad routines called. Admitedly, these 90 something pound professionals were not being body slammed by nasty 300 LB mice in this production but they did what they were trained to do, performed at a high level throughout, unachievable by even us atheletic mortals, and seemed quite happy in their performance regardless of how many times they'd run the same routines over and over.

Perhaps Belichick should bring the offense to the next performance to illustrate how real professional atheletes can carefuly follow a well thought out game plan as a team, perform without mental error and not appear disturbingly morose while doing so.

Good, thought-provoking read, PWP. Fro reasons mentioned here, the offense is not in sync.

Loved the production also. Saw it last year.

Last edited:
Re: The Sugar Plum Faries vs the NE Patriots Offense

Perhaps Belichick should bring the offense to the next performance to illustrate how real professional atheletes can carefuly follow a well thought out game plan as a team, perform without mental error and not appear disturbingly morose while doing so.

I'm glad you enjoyed the Production, PWP. However, there are disturbing rumors that fairy #2 did, in fact, 'round off' a pirouette, and that nutcracker #1 failed a drug test.

Funny, I went to see Wicked and thought, Hey, maybe Moss is just misunderstood, like the "wicked" witch... maybe instead of a Tin Man with no heart, an injury has just taken his c-c-c-c-courage. Probably a strawman argument, but if I'm right then it's true: No good deed goes unpunished.

You're right. Why didn't BB think of this? Replace almost-OC O'Brien with Miko Nissinen, AC of the Boston Ballet.

"Mikko Nissinen is recognized internationally as an accomplished dancer, teacher and artistic director. He assumed the position of artistic director of Boston Ballet and Boston Ballet School in September 2001. Nissinen holds the Hart Artistic Director’s Chair, a position partially endowed by a generous gift from Mary Hart Cogan."

570b48fc-ed0d-4c25-b118-506c8d55f2dc.jpg

the problem with the current offense is that its either firing on all cylinders, or it is inept.....I believe part of it has become the scheme itself being much more fragile than the old days of dink and dunk.......when it works, it can't be stopped, but is becoming easier and easier to disrupt.

the offense that won the superbowls was not as dynamic (when it comes to big plays), but had many different ways of working (the short pass game being useful when the run isn't working) and consisting of fewer 3 and outs which would give the defense longer breaks on the bench. it was also harder to make adjustments against the old offense since there were many different ways of making it click.

the offense now is the least versatile that the pats have had since brady has been the starting QB

I do have a couple or three questions.

1. Was anyone berated for dancing to the line?

2. It seems as if the execution was excellent but what about the dance calling? Could it have been better?

3. Is the Nutcracker based on Logan Mankins game in Denver a couple of years ago?

4. Not to get personal here, BUT how in the hell could you go to a ballet when there was an important Patriots game going on?

the problem with the current offense is that its either firing on all cylinders, or it is inept.....I believe part of it has become the scheme itself being much more fragile than the old days of dink and dunk.......when it works, it can't be stopped, but is becoming easier and easier to disrupt.

the offense that won the superbowls was not as dynamic (when it comes to big plays), but had many different ways of working (the short pass game being useful when the run isn't working) and consisting of fewer 3 and outs which would give the defense longer breaks on the bench. it was also harder to make adjustments against the old offense since there were many different ways of making it click.

the offense now is the least versatile that the pats have had since brady has been the starting QB

The Nutcracker has been performed for 117 years, since its debut in St. Petersburg in 1892. It is the essence of predictability. Even a snot-nosed 11-year-old ballet student with bad eyes and busted up slippers knows the scheme, knows where every dancer will be at every moment. Why does it work so well? Why does it dominate the opposition every Christmas?

Execution. It's all in the execution.

Same problem with the Pats offense.

570b48fc-ed0d-4c25-b118-506c8d55f2dc.jpg

The Mouse King is made of glass.

I do have a couple or three questions.

4. Not to get personal here, BUT how in the hell could you go to a ballet when there was an important Patriots game going on?

A wish to have my only daughter speak to me again in my lifetime and a fervent desire to have carnal relations with a female again (hopefully my wife) before I die.

Gotta admit in all sincerity the eleven SPFs gave the more professional performance Sunday.

Perhaps Belichick should bring the offense to the next performance to illustrate how real professional atheletes can carefuly follow a well thought out game plan as a team, performing without mental error and not appearing disturbingly morose while doing so.

Excellent review sir. A standing ovation.

The Mouse King is made of glass.

The Mouse King is assassinated in some versions, by a flying slipper, and I kid you not.

Our sugar plum fairies could not assassinate Moore, which bids poorly for us and for that alone, I am not confident we will wake up under the Christmas Tree in Miami.

BB, take the Pats on a road trip to see the Nutcracker now!!! This is essential to turning around the season! *G* :p

yep the pats need to start cracking some nuts and run the football more lol :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing