Welcome to PatsFans.com

The straight talk express has de-railed

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by reflexblue, Apr 21, 2008.

1. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +481 / 11 / -7

#91 Jersey

I use to like Johny McCain, but now its politics as usual flip-flop style. And he gets endorsed by pastor Hagee, you know the guy who says a Real Christian should become a "slave" to the will of the president,president Bush. I know its draft week and all but....

McCain Flip-Flops In 30 Seconds: Hagee Endorsement A ‘Mistake,’ But ‘I’m Glad To Have’ It»[/b][/color][/size]

In what has to be the world's biggest flip flop, Senator John McCain pulled one off that completely out does the John Kerry flip flop of "I voted for it before I voted against it."

"
    Last February, hard-line conservative evangelical Pastor John Hagee endorsed Sen. John McCain’s (R-AZ) candidacy for president. Despite Hagee’s history of controversial and bigoted comments –- such as calling Catholicism “The Great Whore” and blaming Hurricane Katrina on gays –- McCain said he was “very honored” to receive the endorsement, one which he also reportedly sought.
    McCain has since both “repudiate[d]” and defended Hagee’s intolerant remarks. But McCain’s double-talk on Hagee went a step further yesterday on ABC’s This Week when he seemed a bit confused as to whether or not he still accepts Hagee’s endorsement –- first agreeing that it was a “mistake” to accept it, but less than 30 seconds later saying he is “glad” to have it:

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/04/21/hagee-flip-flop/

Last edited: Apr 21, 2008
  2. Ellis_Hobbs27

Ellis_Hobbs27 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

McCain flip-flopped? I am amazed that he even remembered to flip before he flopped.

He seems to forget almost everything else ever said.

3. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

Hagee is out there, and his views are certainly not my "cup of tea". I would not stay in his church and if I was running for President I would stay clear of him.

that all being said, McCain hasnt been a member of Hagee's church for 20 year. Hagee isnt McCains spiritual advisor. Hagee didnt marry John and Cindy. Hagee didnt baptize McCains daughters.

McCain is getting away with this only because Obama's situation is so much more troubling.

4. Ellis_Hobbs27

Ellis_Hobbs27 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

But is it that more troubling. Or is it troubling only to those who want to make it more so?

Hagee is a very dangerous man. I have listened, and watched him for many years. His pulpit is one of death and destruction for the entire planet save a few that fit into his scheme.

NcCain's accceptance of his support is far deeper than Obama's minister and Obama did say that he does not accept what his minister has said.

5. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +49 / 16 / -3

RWright v. Hagee. hmmmmm let's see. Wright hasn't said anything even close to the nutbaggery of Hagee,

6. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Who gives a rat's azz about either "situation"?
    Both are about religion. It's like comparing what kind of underwear the candidates use. Not discounting the political "value" of religion, but .....

Do you base your vote on religious issues?

7. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +481 / 11 / -7

#91 Jersey

I prefere Fruit bag myself. :D

8. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +919 / 7 / -3

If you're comparing Hagee to Wright, that's one thing. Both individuals are messed up souls. However, the issue isn't about which retard is worse, it's about which candidate is an ardent believer in what those retards are saying.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2008
  9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +837 / 27 / -33

The more time the media focuses on Hagee and Wright, the less time is spent on the important issues.. it is part of the grand diversion and keeps us all off the topic at hand.

10. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

BINGO!
    I got BINGO!

:rocker:

11. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

THe answer is "neither".

Neither of those guys is very religious. They use religion for votes. They have to. This country is loaded with fools that think religion has something to do with reality. It doesn't. Religion is a set of stories people use to calm their minds when they get upset about the unknown.

12. Real World

Ratings:
    +919 / 7 / -3

I don't care about who endorses who. I do care about the relationships, & influence, the individuals in question had with respect to one another. Charles Manson could endorse Monty Brewster, but if they don't know each other, who cares. However, if David Duke endorses Monty B, and they were bosom buddies, then I think that's of interest.

13. Real World

Ratings:
    +919 / 7 / -3

I disagree Wistah. You don't go to a church for 20 years, get married there, baptize your kids there, and give considerable cash to it, if you're only doing it for ships & giggles. I understand you like Obama, but there are valid questions that can be raised here, about his connection to that church. People who don't see that are not being objective. It doesn't disqualify him from office, and isn't the end of the world, but it is something the public has a right to question. His direct, long term, and passionate involvement dictate so.

14. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

It does raise questions. I don't, however, think it means that Obama feels the way Wright does. From my assessment, I think Obama was there because it was a politically influential church. I'm not questioning the veracity of his Christian beliefs, but I think he liked the church getting him community points rather than being in agreement with Wright's ramblings. The more and I learn about Obama, the more he seems like the typical political figure. I'd never vote for him anyway, but I thought he was at least a breath of fresh air. Now, I don't think that's the case.

15. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

The public has the right to question anyone and anything. They can question the color of his tie. They can question why he roots for one baseball team over another. The point is that the things they (the media) question are not nearly as important as when and how we're getting out of Iraq, what his stance on NAFTA is, how we're going to fund highway and bridge repairs, what he's going to do about Social Security, what he'll do about trade with China, how he's going to help us with the tax code...etc, etc.....

The People are getting screwed because the media and the campaigns are focusing on things that really don't matter. No one in his right mind think Obama doesn't love Amereica. McCain and Clinton do, too. The big question is how much does a candidate care about the future of America. How far is he or she willing to go to straighten out the mess our present traiterous POS president has left us in. Our kids aren't going to care that Obama'a pastor said stupid things if the national debt is $900 gajillion and we're bogged down in a four-way war with China, Russia and India over oil.

I like Obama, but I'm not voting for him. He is not fiscally conservative and he is black...I don't like black people.

16. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +155 / 10 / -16

#37 Jersey

If you attend Klan meetings for 20 years, you are a Klansman, even if you don't put the hood on.