PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

THE story for yesterdays game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lifer

Banned
Reaction score
the second half performance from the defense. Over the last few weeks its the defense that has concerned me, but they were lights out when it counted yesterday. When they play like that, this is the best team ive ever seen.

SHH dont say anything good about the defense people here will kill you for it.

But you have a compatriot in that fight I agree the D played extreemly well in the second half last night. No one seems to mention they only let up 13 points to a very talented offense. Although the talking heads think "they moved the ball very well against them but couldn't finish" welcome to the BB defensive philosiphy people its only been 6 years youd think you'd be used to it by now "bend don't break"

The defense was awesome in the 2nd half. Vrabel was dominant. However there were alot of good stories such as the offensive line adjustmants to pick up the blitzes. Without that happening the Steelers kill us with TOP again thus making our defense exausted.

Agreed, it was nice to see the D step it up in the second half. I think the big difference between this years D and years past has been the inefficiency in the red zone. Yesterday was typical BB defensive effort, giving up yards between the 20s and shutting teams down in the red zone. Great job D!

Last edited:
How about Wilfork's sack. It was like a freight train coming at you. Look ma, no hands.

I loved Wilfork's sack. What is even better is that he could have PLASTERED Big Ben and driven his own 330 lb body straight down into Ben's chest and he didn't. He just hit Ben hard enough to make sure he went down.

SHH dont say anything good about the defense people here will kill you for it.

But you have a compatriot in that fight I agree the D played extreemly well in the second half last night. No one seems to mention they only let up 13 points to a very talented offense. Although the talking heads think "they moved the ball very well against them but couldn't finish" welcome to the BB defensive philosiphy people its only been 6 years youd think you'd be used to it by now "bend don't break"

Seriously it's as if people haven't been watching the Patriots this decade. No big plays, if they are gonna get in the redzone make them work for it. Once they get there, there is less field to cover so you can buckle up more on the short stuff and not let them score.

Obviously the goal is not to automatically allow long drives, but other teams get paid too and no defense stops a team on every drive nor does any defense allow 0 TD's. The bottom line is points scored and 13 is a good day.

I think the story was that Maroney was the suxx0rz again!!1!11!11 He sucks, whut waz Bilicheck thinking???

Yes, that's sarcasm.

I loved Wilfork's sack. What is even better is that he could have PLASTERED Big Ben and driven his own 330 lb body straight down into Ben's chest and he didn't. He just hit Ben hard enough to make sure he went down.

That was a hit BIG TIME!!

Impressive was the way Ward was shut down. He's a teriffic receiver that has been playing very well.

the second half performance from the defense. Over the last few weeks its the defense that has concerned me, but they were lights out when it counted yesterday. When they play like that, this is the best team ive ever seen.

The D gets huge props! I guess that physical, grinding, "in your face" Pitt O wasn't quite as.

Yeah, I loved it when we stuffed them at the goal line!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes