PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The sting is already fading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea I agree, when I went to bed last night I figured I'd drive my car into a lake on the way to work. Right now I don't even feel that bad. It was a bonus even getting there this year. We'll be ready for another run next year. I'm confident we'll bring in some talent in the offseason to improve the team, but even if we don't, I still like our chances with all of our young guys getting more experience and approaching their prime years.

Fantasy baseball prep begins today.

Yes I am upset and I think I woke up every hour last night. However I would be more upset if I expected the Pats were going to win this game. Patriots have been playing backup QBs for weeks I knew once the Giants got in the pats were not going to win.

Still, I am surprised people still think the Ravens and Jets loss was worse.

Hey we'll be back. I firmly believe Brady still has 3-4 years left at this level.

If you keep knocking on the door eventually you'll knock it down. The younger guys will become more savvy, the vets continue learning from their mistakes. Team's in a great position right now to build on and as always we have a healthy supply of draft picks/cap space.

Yes I am upset and I think I woke up every hour last night. However I would be more upset if I expected the Pats were going to win this game. Patriots have been playing backup QBs for weeks I knew once the Giants got in the pats were not going to win.

Still, I am surprised people still think the Ravens and Jets loss was worse.

I can understand it:

Ravens—it looked like the Pats, sans a couple of folks (Edelman), didn't show up at all.
JEST—going 14-2, setting records along the way, then going one-and-done to a team that barely qualified for the playoffs, and our hated rivals, no less?

Last edited:
I can understand it:

Ravens—it looked like the Pats, sans a couple of folks (Edelman), didn't show up at all.
JEST—going 14-2, setting records along the way, then going one-and-done to a team that barely qualified for the playoffs, and our hated rivals, no less?

The year they played the ravens was when this team did not win an road game. Yeah I guess when they played the Bucks in London was technically a road game but I am not counting that. So I was not expecting much from that team.

Yes the Jets game sucked last yeah but I don't still don't see how losing that game is is worse. I guess what it comes down to is if you asked people what game they would rather win: A first round game against the jets or the Superbowl I don't see how any logical person say the former.

Personally, I feel a lot better than I did 14 hours ago. My Mom has been in the hospital for over a year now so it's helped put a lot of things into perspective for me in my life in general. I would of loved to see the Pats win last night but unfortunately, they didn't. It would of been a huge morale booster for me. Life goes on. I see a scenario like 2007 all over again where the team will stock up on talent for another memorable, winning run.

The sting kinda started fading but I turned the tv on this morning and before I realized what I had just done, I see Eli and hear..

"When yooouuuu wish,, upon a star,,,"

I literally wanted to throw up.

I don't feel so bad because it was an amazing effort by the team to get this far. They showed themselves to be such a tough team. It does sting though when you get so close, we had the trophy within our grasp and it was snatched away on the turn of a couple of plays. It hurts seeing your season come down to the bounce of a ball or two.

Still there is loads to positive about. This team will come back stronger next year. It didn't end how we wanted but the journey was great.,

I was in shock, disbelief, sick, whatever you want to call it after the lost. It was the opportunity for redemption, but it slipped away. I only slept a few hours last night, couldn't help but think about all the missed opportunities that could've propelled this team and Brady's legacy. But anyways, its a game and life moves on, hopefully Brady will have another shot at number 4. I don't feel so bad seeing how this team that no one gave a chance actually made it to the big dance. And of course, every other fan hates the patriots, and will revel in this and 07 for as long as possible.

The reason this one stings me so much is that, unlike 07, the Patriots controlled this game for the most part after the first quarter. They didn't have a dominant pass rush to slow them down like last time, just their own boneheaded mistakes. With the way the game unfolded down the stretch, it just wasn't necessary to throw it away like they did. They controlled their own destiny this time and still couldn't make it happen.

I love this team for life tho, win or lose.

I dont feel as bad as 07 and even last season against the JETS.....We played well but unfortunately we lost. We will bounce back and Brady is still a Great QB.

I wont be able to listen to sports talk radio or watch NFL network till the draft...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back