PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Steelers are pretty good

Status
Not open for further replies.

sieglo

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Over 40 minutes in time of possession in a dominating win over Seattle.... This is going to be a tough game for us.

No they aren't. Seattle is just another NFC fraud. The AFC North sucks.

Over 40 minutes in time of possession in a dominating win over Seattle.... This is going to be a tough game for us.

so are the Colts. easily stomped Broncos(not a good team but w.e) without Harrison-Addai-Sanders.

i still don't get how they lost to Arizona. vexing.

but yeah, they're good

They are very good. Parker and Davenport are excellent on the ground and their defense is still pretty stout. Now if Big Ben continues to play well, they will be the only team in the AFC that could potentially upset New England or Indy (unless San Diego gets their act together).

The way to beat them is to get a lead on them. The Steelers are not nearly as good when they fall behind by a couple of scores and are taken out of their ball control offense.

I see they showed up this week in a big way. Last week they looked awful.

What are you talking about? The Steelers are the 4th best team in the league right now behind NE, Indy and Dallas. It's going to come down to the Pats, Colts and Steelers in the AFC this year.

Not much to talk about on the phin boards huh?

What are you talking about? The Steelers are the 4th best team in the league right now behind NE, Indy and Dallas. It's going to come down to the Pats, Colts and Steelers in the AFC this year.

San Diego can beat any one of those teams. Hopefully they'll take out the Colts in round 2 (getting ahead of myself a little here).

I see they showed up this week in a big way. Last week they looked awful.
I disagree. I saw the game and both teams were hitting hard from the opening bell. Arizona simply beat them down at the end of an exhausting physical game. Pittsburgh didn't give Arizona the game; Arizona had to earn it.

Other than Ronnie Brown and seeing our potential QB of the future, the Dolphins have nothing.)
You are likely even wrong on this point. Your QB of the future will be the top pick of the 2008 draft.

New to the board, let me say first congrats on your victory over a game and much improved Browns team today.

The Steelers made a pretty resounding statement against a decent, not elite team today. Given the number of injuries at key positions the Steelers had, it was nice to see.

The Steelers were flat out beaten by Arizona. The Cardinals simply played better. At the end of the day, it happens. New England lost at the Redskins in 2003. The Colts lost to the Texans last year. The Cardinals were highly motivated to win for their coach, playing in front of a fired up, sellout crowd and deserved the win.

That said, the defense has been impressive all season long, Ben seems to have shaken off the post-motorcycle "hangover" and the team is far more discussed and detail oriented than they've been in along time.

Pittsburgh will be there at the end, and I look forward to the competition with New England and Indy for the AFC Championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes