PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The state of Patriot Football and some random thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunqueen212

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Since our team is 100 times better than all the other teams out there including the Colts, and to avoid hurting anyone's sensibilities, I think we should only kick field goals going forward and avoid scoring touchdowns. Hear me out.

We scored 52 points on Sunday. That is 7 TDs. If we had just kicked the football we would have still put up 24 points and that would have been good enough to win against the Skins. Look, we can move the ball better than Maradona on 'roids and we're fully capable of scoring more than Paris' flavor of the month. So it should follow that we at least provide some sort of challenge to our squad, no?

Anyway, if we had followed this strategy the whole world would have annointed BB a saint who cares about football people and our image would not be in shreds right now. I think BB and the Patriots should heed this advice if they are to achieve the ultimate goal.

Can we also change the name of the NFL to NPL for National ****_ League? That would be great. Thanks.

I agree to this only if Brady breaks the TD passing record first , which he is on pace to do, by game 13.

I think it is important for us to address the uncomfortableness of the situation that these Patriots have put us fans in. And I look to all of you to address these concerns and offer solutions.

That, and I need more points from Gostkowski in my fantasy league.

It's a NONISSUE. The Colts were blowing out people in 2004 and the media was ballwashing Manning.

Go look at the 'blowout list' thread, don't feel guilty over a completely biased media.

It's a NONISSUE. The Colts were blowing out people in 2004 and the media was ballwashing Manning.

Go look at the 'blowout list' thread, don't feel guilty over a completely biased media.

I don't care about that other team. I only care about our team. And from what I'm hearing on the teevee and talking heads, we are scoring to much and need to take it down like 9 notches. I need you to offer solutions, not valid arguments based on facts!

I think this is football and not recess. In what other sport do you stop playing because you are ahead? Is it less embarassing for the other team if we stop trying? Is it fair to our defense to play twice as long while the offense is taking a knee? And also when do we stop trying, is it after a 30 point lead, or 3rd quarter? Should we have Brady sit every 2nd half? Run Eckel up the middle every down?

I think this is football and not recess. In what other sport do you stop playing because you are ahead? Is it less embarassing for the other team if we stop trying? Is it fair to our defense to play twice as long while the offense is taking a knee? And also when do we stop trying, is it after a 30 point lead, or 3rd quarter? Should we have Brady sit every 2nd half? Run Eckel up the middle every down?

From what I've heard, I've deduced people think there is actually a "classy" way to run up the score. That would be by running. See, that way, the other team knows what you are doing, so you are essentially saying "Aw, it's OK, can you stop us now? What about now?"

Of course, when we did this in the Cowboys game, we were accused of running up the score in a classless way. I guess things are only classy until we do them.

Tragedy -> Travesty

From what I've heard, I've deduced people think there is actually a "classy" way to run up the score. That would be by running. See, that way, the other team knows what you are doing, so you are essentially saying "Aw, it's OK, can you stop us now? What about now?"

Of course, when we did this in the Cowboys game, we were accused of running up the score in a classless way. I guess things are only classy until we do them.

Sunqueen said:
from what I'm hearing on the teevee and talking heads, we are scoring to much and need to take it down like 9 notches. I need you to offer solutions, not valid arguments based on facts!

Think of SidelineGate as Act I.
Scoring Too Much is Act II.

Sometimes tragedy merely degenerates into
travesty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes