PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Sport Guy's NFL preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrClutch

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I came upon a pretty good read and it's well worth the read. Check it out here. If you don't feel like reading it all, just scroll down to the bottom and read. http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/060906

Here's a quote from it:

"To Tom Brady, who has the same look on his face that Uma Thurman had after she left the hospital in "Kill Bill." I don't think he's cracked a smile since the Denver game: No more magazine covers, very few interviews, very few public appearances … just a lot of lifting, throwing and scowling for nine straight months. The man is possessed. You have to believe me. And wait until you see how they perfected the two-tight end gimmick. Load up on the run and they send the big guys downfield. Play the pass and they chip away for four yards a pop with Dillon and Maroney. And did I mention that a pissed off Brady will be doing the audibling at the line? It's like an unstoppable Madden offense sprung to life. Throw in an easy schedule and you can put the Pats down for 11-12 wins, even without Deion Branch (who dropped a number of big catches last season, by the way). I know, I know, you think I'm biased. Just wait."

Yea, this was posted a couple days ago. It is a great read I've been telling everybody at work to read it

I love the SG and read him like the Talmud, but Branch "dropped a number of big catches last season"? I remember one against the JAGS. How many else were there?

That IS a really great piece, well worth reading the whole thing.

I've not read him before but the guy talks a lot of sense and has got me thinking hard about the Rams regarding some of the imaginary bets that I would place if it were legal to do so.

Patjew said:
I love the SG and read him like the Talmud, but Branch "dropped a number of big catches last season"? I remember one against the JAGS. How many else were there?

I can think of three more, one in the Carolina game and two in the Denver regular season game.

"To Tom Brady, who has the same look on his face that Uma Thurman had after she left the hospital in "Kill Bill."

lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back