PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The sound of crickets...still

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredFromDartmouth

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Zippo on the draft from the local sports stations and not much in the printed press. This will be the Patriots most important draft of the decade and all they can do is complain about the Sox.

The only draft talk I heard was on WFAN out of NYC and it was excellent. A really interesting talk with Suh; some team is going to be very happy with this guy and the Rams will be kicking themselves if they take that china doll of a QB (Bradford) instead of Suh.

Zippo on the draft from the local sports stations and not much in the printed press. This will be the Patriots most important draft of the decade and all they can do is complain about the Sox.

The only draft talk I heard was on WFAN out of NYC and it was excellent. A really interesting talk with Suh; some team is going to be very happy with this guy and the Rams will be kicking themselves if they take that china doll of a QB (Bradford) instead of Suh.

Totally agree with you. The Rams are really in a pickle with their QB situation. I'm not sold on Bradford and he could be one of the bigger busts in history. Hell, they might even take Clausen instead.

Suh just keeps looking better and better.

Totally agree with you. The Rams are really in a pickle with their QB situation. I'm not sold on Bradford and he could be one of the bigger busts in history. Hell, they might even take Clausen instead.

Suh just keeps looking better and better.

Hmmm I wonder if the Rams would like the Raiders's first round pick next year....ridiculous but it is fun to speculate.

Bradford has the arms of a 16 year old girl; actually he is not half the man of some of the gals who do physical therapy at my doctor's office. Bill Gates looks more macho than this guy. How can you go through 3 years of a college football program and not have developed some musculature?

Last edited:
i think bradford will be a ok QB not a great QB they are pretty much geting a younger marc bulger, i would take suh, #1 and take tebow, or mccoy, in the 2th

. How can you go through 3 years of a college football program and not have developed some musculature?
It happens sometimes.
tombrady.jpg

More crickets today. WEEI and The Sport Hub were doing all-day baseball complaining about a certain losing local team; who cares?. Not a peep on the draft (probably just the way BB wants it).

Anyway WFAN (660 AM) was again doing a great job although Greg Carton was being more of a clown than usual. This morning they had an interview with C. J. Spiller and other NFL news and speculation. It is disgraceful that I have to get my NFL news from NYC. On the drive home it was again WFAN that supplied the NFL talk.

I guess my dial will be glued to WFAN.

Gresh and Holly must be dying to talk draft but their bosses seems to have dictated baseball plus Celtics / Bruins (I can understand the last two).

More crickets today. WEEI and The Sport Hub were doing all-day baseball complaining about a certain losing local team; who cares?. Not a peep on the draft (probably just the way BB wants it).

Anyway WFAN (660 AM) was again doing a great job although Greg Carton was being more of a clown than usual. This morning they had an interview with C. J. Spiller and other NFL news and speculation. It is disgraceful that I have to get my NFL news from NYC. On the drive home it was again WFAN that supplied the NFL talk.

I guess my dial will be glued to WFAN.

Gresh and Holly must be dying to talk draft but their bosses seems to have dictated baseball plus Celtics / Bruins (I can understand the last two).
Peace Fred. Maybe someday there will be some baseball talk to balance things out. Spiller say how many times the Patriots worked him out and how much he hated the idea of playing for a NY team?

Cut out 2 lunches a month or cut back on smoking and subscribe to Sirius.. You won't ever turn back..

All week all day.. NFL DRAFT..

Hmmm I wonder if the Rams would like the Raiders's first round pick next year....ridiculous but it is fun to speculate.

Bradford has the arms of a 16 year old girl; actually he is not half the man of some of the gals who do physical therapy at my doctor's office. Bill Gates looks more macho than this guy. How can you go through 3 years of a college football program and not have developed some musculature?

As long as you are winning, coaches in high school and college will leave you alone.

Look at how Urban has ruined Tebow and Alex Smith by not teaching them a lick about how to read a defense.

The coaches probably left Bradford alone for fear that extra muscle would affect his delivery.

It happens sometimes.
tombrady.jpg

OH man. That is a good one. LOL. Pretty pitiful but I think that Bradford is worse.

A guy that Bradford reminds of is Phil Simms; pinpoint accuracy but whimpy body (at least to start). When Phil got to the Giants he had never seen the insides of a weight room and had one or two season-ending injuries. The light went on with Phil and he because a gym rat and the rest is history. Maybe Bradford can bulk up but I predict he will get a season-ending injury if he gets any playing time especially if he is playing for the Rams.

02.sam.bradford.jpg

Where's the beef?

I can only continue to wish that I stood 6'4" and weighed 225 lbs.;)

Not to mention a Heisman trophy winner.

Oh, yeah, then there's the whole #1 overall pick thing.

And finally, the approx. 11-12 million/per, and the 30+million guaranteed.

Sucks to be that little wimpy male waif. When I first looked I thought I saw David Spade in a Sooners uniform:D

Compared to the other QB prospects such as the masculine Jimmy Clausen, and the almighty Colt McCoy, Sam Bradford must be pretty embarrassed !!

Last edited:
Bradford's weight could have him flying up the boards - Shutdown Corner - NFL Blog - Yahoo! Sports

Bradford's weight could have him flying up the boards

By Doug Farrar

As first reported by former NFL scout Daniel Jeremiah of Move The Sticks, Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford posted a weight of 236 pounds at his Friday morning Combine weigh-in. For those NFL personnel people who were on the fence about Bradford because of his formerly 223-pound frame, wondering if he could take repeated hits in the pocket at that size, a more muscled Bradford could shake up the top of the draft board.

What is not in question is Bradford's accuracy and ability to get the ball to all field levels. Playing behind the best offensive line in the college game in 2008, Bradford played pitch-and-catch to the tune of 4,720 yards and 50 touchdowns. After shoulder injuries shut down his 2009 season and he declared for the draft, Bradford has obviously been eating his Wheaties. The question now is whether the extra weight will affect his throwing motion and mechanics in any way -- word is the new weight is solid muscle, which speaks to his work ethic.

I think he'll be just fine.

Last edited:
Yesterday while flipping channels on the morning "man" show there was an interview with Pat Kirwin.. in and out of the car, but nothing that revealing..

Yesterday heard an interview with Tom E. Curran on EEI talking about the Holt signing and the impact on the draft... he is usually spot on.

Said before baseball is king around here during this period of time, and with the Celts and Bruins in the playoffs in their mind there are greater stories...

It will pick up on Thursday, Friday and Monday.. then die down until June...

I can only continue to wish that I stood 6'4" and weighed 225 lbs.;)

Not to mention a Heisman trophy winner.

Oh, yeah, then there's the whole #1 overall pick thing.

And finally, the approx. 11-12 million/per, and the 30+million guaranteed.

Sucks to be that little wimpy male waif. When I first looked I thought I saw David Spade in a Sooners uniform:D

Compared to the other QB prospects such as the masculine Jimmy Clausen, and the almighty Colt McCoy, Sam Bradford must be pretty embarrassed !!

I bolded the part that I think is important with regards to Bradford. He's the best of a pretty mediocre (albeit well-known) class of QBs. I think it's going to be a huge mistake to take him at the top of the draft, knowing it will be minimum three years before he is playing well. Suh instantly helps the Rams, and I just don't see Bradford as a really high ceiling guy. I think he'll be a solid NFL player, but if I'm the Rams I take Suh and then go Lefevour in round 2. There are just too many question marks about Bradford to take him 1st in a strong draft, especially with the two best defensive tackle prospects in years right behind him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes