Welcome to PatsFans.com

The Sopranos Final Season

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by Seymour93, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Seymour93

Seymour93 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

First episode was pretty good IMO. Did anyone else think Tony was going to whack Bobby?

2. Clonamery

Clonamery PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +165 / 0 / -1

No. What he did was worse for Bobby.

3. Seymour93

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Yeah... you could say that.

I kept going back and forth. When he turned off on that small country road that's when I thought Bobby was a goner. But as soon as they got to the pub, things were OK.

You could see the punch coming a mile away.

4. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

That was clearly what they wanted us to think. With Bobby getting all nervous. The woods, just like with Silvio and Adriana. I think I saw a real telegraph of things to come though. The kid he wacked tore his shirt. Remember earlier when he was saying "nowadays with DNA.."? I bet Tony's blood is on that shirt from the fight they had. And the Feds are going to use that to string him up. Or they will just link it to Bobby who will flip.

Unfortunately for me I was channel flipping on the radio on my car and a-hole Jim Braude said, "So Bobby finally kicked Tony's ass". I wanted to kick Braude's ass. I just got to watch the episode at 10 PM tonight. I had even avoided this thread until now.

5. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I couldn't even find out how the Sox did Sunday night until 10 AM yesterday because Dennis and Callahan wouldn't shut up about the Sopranos and I wanted to be unspoiled. Kinda sad to think there's only 7 new ones left.

6. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Yeah, I'm going to have to go into media lock-down after the final episode airs. Until I can watch it. I don't know why in this day of TiVO, DVRs and downloads everyone assumes we all watch shows when they air for the first time.

7. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +197 / 2 / -3

Yeah - I've only had a chance to watch half of the episode myself, so the end's kindof spoiled by reading this thread too - though my bad for opening it up in the first place.

The knowledge he's wacked has made it difficult to watch - his adorable and innocent little daughter punctuating so many scenes makes it especially so

Just a not so subtle reminder that Tony's still a cold blooeded killer and libel to do anything... something that will likely come into play towards the finale

Though I think we're all deluding ourselves if anyone thinks this is truly the final chapter... you don't think HBO, the creators and the cast think they might be able to make a few bucks on "The Sopranos: The Movie"?

8. sdaniels7114

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Don't fret, you having read that won't ruin the second 1/2 of the episode for you.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2007
  9. JoeSixPat

Ratings:
    +197 / 2 / -3

Ah yes - the first post here was't entirely clear

10. Seymour93

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Awesome episode tonight. They're really trying to lead us on now. I have my theories on what's going to happen, but I'll keep it private unless someone asks.

11. Clonamery

Ratings:
    +165 / 0 / -1

You talk, I'll listen, even though I missed the first half due to a power outage.

12. Seymour93

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I think Christopher is stirring things up with the Lupertazzi family in order to anger them and they'll whack Tony as a result, thus Christopher can become boss of the DiMeo family. I'm probably way off since I only started watching the Sopranos during season six. I may get the first five seasons on DVD soon. I love the show.

13. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +844 / 27 / -33

Did not like the first episode this year, the second was much better.. though Johnny Sac was gonna turn just so he could die at home..

14. Clonamery

Ratings:
    +165 / 0 / -1

Yeah, that's definitely possible. We're headed for a Greek Tragedy of an ending that's for sure. Whether it's a complete bloodbath or there's a final twist with Tony, I don't know.

15. dalero

dalero PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -2

The last season was a bit of a train wreck. Good to see it getting its edge back in it's final season. I predict bye bye Chris but that seems a little too obvious.

16. Seymour93

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

It's a bit disappointing to see Chris go out like that.

BTW, I'm almost done with the first season on DVD. One more episode I think. Now I'm anticipating ducks to be involved in one of the last scenes of the final episode.

Last edited: May 14, 2007
  17. dalero

dalero PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -2

Was anyone else surprised that Tony didn't need to use two hands on his nose?

18. sdaniels7114

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

:D :D That was nice and subtle DR.

My only prediction, because I've been nothing but massively wrong before, is for a limited amount of killing over the next three episodes because they have to leave some people alive for the movie.

19. italia44

italia44 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

FYI-Michael Imperioli (the newly-departed,Chris) is
    on David Letterman tonite.

20. JoeSixPat

Ratings:
    +197 / 2 / -3

I thought it was an interesting twist - reminding us of just how cold Tony can be -taking the life of a guy who was supposedly like his son...

I think there was foreshadowing throughout the episode - including Tony's peyote trip where he effectively embraced him for himself - a cold blooded killer.

At one point when he and carmella were talking and Carmella was aghast at the thought that she actually thought Chris could have killed Adriana - I thought the pregnant pause might be Tony contemplating whether he could ever order the same "hit" on Carmela.

If someone is going to "turn" on Tony the list just got shorter. Seems to me Carmella is a candidate to protect her kids - AJ seems like a candidate as well getting himself in hot water at the college

Could Tony kill his family members in the end? He's capable - but will he?

Of course, all of this is tempered by the fact that I'd fully expect a Sopranos Movie - and that the finale won't really wrap things up at all