Welcome to PatsFans.com

The "Slut" Word Dirty Rotten Liberal

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, May 26, 2011.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +370 / 1 / -9

2. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +373 / 8 / -3

#11 Jersey

They should have fired him.....

That being said - only Harry could call someone a "smelly skunk swine pig vermin rat" for calling someone else a name and not realize what a hypocritical statement it becomes.
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +198 / 7 / -23

The irony will be lost of those who believe that they are self righteous, in the never ending crusade against the left..

Interestingly what he said pales in comparison to lush rimjob.. who spouts this type of stuff daily, at least the left has some accountability and integrity.
  4. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

So Ed Shultz uses one of the worst sexist expletives on air and this thread in a matter of two posts becomes about Rush Limbaugh and Harry? Aren't we deflecting just a little bit here?
  5. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +373 / 8 / -3

#11 Jersey

I believe I said that Schultz should have been fired......and I meant it.

I would have been much more inclined to go on about why I felt that way but the irony of Harry's recounting of the tale was just too overpoweringly an example of why newscasters of any sort continue to feel justified in using that kind of language - I mean, why wouldn't they? Isn't this the sort of language that "real people" understand? Don't we, the consumers of news, encourage newscasters to speak "our" language?

If language bothers you, personally, than you, personally, have an obligation not to use the same sort of language which you are being bothered by.

Most especially you have that obligation when you are making your complaint.

Otherwise, what's the point?

Maybe some people don't have a problem holding others to standards which they do not hold themselves to, I don't know. I do know that I am not, as a rule, one of them.
  6. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

touche, you did say he should have been fired and I should have acknowledged that.

I think you are stretching a little bit though that he used the word at his audiences encouragement. I don't watch him much but the times I have I've found him almost as intolerable to listen to as Hannity. He has his own agenda. Maybe he thinks his audience is as slanted as he is and thought he'd get a pass because he was describing an enemy, but I think it more reflects his own bigotry...or at least some combination of the two.

PS the irony of the OP was not lost on me
    Last edited: May 26, 2011
  7. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +131 / 7 / -13

Ed has an audience......?????
  8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +370 / 1 / -9

I watched Ed Schultz once, then after sitting for awhile with my eyes closed and going over what I had just seen in my mind I finally came to the conclusion that I would like to smash Ed Schultz's face in with a shovel.

:bricks:
  9. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Such anger Harry,I think you could use a drink;)

So what, he called someone a name......not like it doesn't happen on Fox news all day with them calling people racist or Hitler and many more names.

I love when people want other people to act like robots, we are all human and we all talk and say things that are inappropriate at times. No need to fire someone cause they said something that you don't like or agree with, after all this is America....

I like Ed, he's sometimes off his rocker but he's got heart and in this day and age that says alot....Least he says what he feels rather then what people want him to say.....
  10. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +198 / 7 / -23

Interestingly enough Rush and Beck both called Mary Landrieu a whore in the past 24 hours and no one even noticed..

Limbaugh daily discusses women through a right wing myopic lens in which women are babes, whores, "sex-retaries", or entertainment items that "bring us beer and wear sexy clothes" during NFL games. An then ther is his rant about his cat and what it taught him about women.
  11. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

He's apologized profusely so he's either really sorry and doesn't take the "so what" attitude or is it the guy you really like is lying. So he either said something really bad or if he didn't then Fox and Limbaugh didn't either. Which is it?
  12. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +33 / 12 / -2

"If a tree falls in a forest and MSNBC videos it and plays it, does it make a sound?"
  13. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +373 / 8 / -3

#11 Jersey

Yes.

:singing::singing::singing:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Yes, he did say something really bad. Yes, he did sound pretty sorry. Oh well.....should have thought of how he'd feel before he said instead of after.

Call me harsh, but I'd like to see Ed and MSNBC get punished even more than I'd like to see Fox and Limbaugh get punished for the same thing....because anyone who takes the high road and complains each time someone else goes off the rails has absolutely NO business going off the rails, too. It's that hypocritial thing, I think. Don't point it out each time it happens elsewhere and then turn around and do it yourself.

I hold the left to a higher standard - and when they let me down, I get ticked.
  14. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +620 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

Ed Schultz was NEM's boy ... he loved that dude.
  15. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

I'm with you, I feel very strongly both ways:p

Seriously though I do always get mad when smarmy know-it-alls think they're scoring points with their audience when they spew this junk. Funny jokes like "Barack the magic negro, Sambo, whore, Hitler, slut and the rest only give ammunition for the other side claim everything they stand for is full of crap as a result of that speech.