Welcome to PatsFans.com

The sky is stil blue, winters are still cold and Manning is still a CHOKER

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Bella*chick, Jan 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bella*chick

Bella*chick Addicted to the light

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Sooner, every time I see your signature quotes, I just have to laugh out loud. Haven't seen that idiot around lately and don't miss him either.
  2. Ootball

Ootball Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You have to be an idiot to call Manning a choker after last year's run. A complete & total idiot.

By that definition, anytime you don't lead your team to a Superbowl win, you're a "choker."

Manning has a Superbowl ring & 10's of millions of dollars, as well as the respect of his peers & a reserved spot in history.

Anyone who calls him a 'choker' likely has a couple of cheap beers in the fridge, some American cheese and, on a good day, some bread to go w/ it.
  3. danny88

danny88 Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Cough Cough.... There is no debate anymore. Brady is far better.
  4. MrClutch

MrClutch Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I thought Manning played a pretty good game. His recievers were flat out horrible.
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2008
  5. danny88

danny88 Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Manning had 8 chances at the end of the game to make something happen. He pulled a Manning and choked.
  6. bradmahn

bradmahn Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Yeah, except for those two horrendous INTs he threw deep in Charger territory. :rolleyes: Manning finished with good numbers, but his play was not very good for a guy who had a ton of time nearly every time he dropped back to pass.

And what did his receivers do that was terrible? I don't recall any terrible drops and we are in no position to judge how they ran the routes. In a four point game TOs in the red zone are killers; Manning was responsible for two of those.
  7. dhamz

dhamz Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

The second INT was the RB's fault. The pass was right on target and he let it bounce off his hands.
  8. danny88

danny88 Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I agree fully. Wasent Manning sacked less times then Brady this year? The greatest qb ever completed 96 percent of his passes yesterday vs a better jags team.

Manning slopped it up like he does every year in the playoffs , then choked with 8 chances to make something happen at the end of the game.
  9. ATippett56

ATippett56 Rookie

Ratings:
    +290 / 5 / -10

The sky is blue, winters are cold and Manning is a CHOKER ..... and Maroney is still made of glass?
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2008
  10. richpats

richpats Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I was impressed with Manning's opening drives. I think Harrison's fumble just deflated him.
  11. NEPat

NEPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

His choker label went away after what he did last year. Manning didn't play terribly today anyway, he didn't play spectacular, but in my mind the defense was no where near as good as its been this season.
  12. SoonerPatriot

SoonerPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

If a first half fumble in a tight game deflates him then he's got the heart of a loser.

Brady is the better player, period, and always has been.
  13. Norm3333

Norm3333 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No, it didn't. He was terrible. 3TDs 7 INTs. That sucks. His team succeeded in spite of his play.

Look at Rothliberger 2 years ago. Just plain horrible in the SB. Team still won

manning is still a baby faced choker.
  14. ATippett56

ATippett56 Rookie

Ratings:
    +290 / 5 / -10

Bottom line:

No Dwight Freeney, no playoff victories for the Colts.
  15. FrontSeven

FrontSeven Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Where ya been? No funerals or train wrecks to attend until today?
  16. richpats

richpats Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I beg to disagree. Look at each of the Colts' playoff games last year. All 4 opponents let him off the hook. The AFC title game? He needed 3 tries to finally put Indy over the top in the 4th. That comeback of his was built on his crappy play in the first half anyway.

That was his 3rd playoff loss at home BTW, and every time his team has a first-round bye. He IS a choker!
  17. Patsmaniac

Patsmaniac Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Did anyone even think the Brady/Manning best QB debate was real, at least in this area of the country. That debate ended a few years back in my mind. I bet Archie is screaming at Roger Goodell at the moment about the injustice Petyon suffered today.
  18. NEPat

NEPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Well I disagree. Personally I find the choker label for Manning tiresome. To me it's like the Brady "system QB" stuff. Just old arguments that get rehashed as a way to baselessly criticize some of the best QBs we will ever see.

I do LOVE to see Manning walk off the field with that sulky expression though.
  19. Patsgofor4

Patsgofor4 Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 1 / -0

The play that summed up the difference between Brady and Manning was the fourth down play late in the 4th quarter. Instead of sidestepping Merriman to buy himself more time, who was falling to the ground, on the most important play of the game for his team, Manning gets happy feet and throws off of his back foot for an incompletion. Brady hangs in there and makes that play. There should no longer be any discussion about who is the better quarterback, IMO. Manning may be great but Brady is better.
  20. bradmahn

bradmahn Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Let's not forget the happy feet all game as well as his stupid need to win the game by himself and go deep on 2nd and 5 and 3rd and 5 on their second to last drive. If Merriman also had a pair of hands Manning would have had a third INT. No, Manning played poorly and is most definitely one of the factors in their loss this game.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.