PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Silver Lining

Status
Not open for further replies.
We also got to watch the development of the beast who is Mayo.

I like the Wilhite kid too and Meriweather took another step in his development.

Agree -- due to injuries, some of the "kids" got a lot more playing time than they might have otherwise -- which means that at least we know what we have in some of them. Mayo will be the heart of the LB corps for years to come. I still think we need a top notch CB, but the emergence of Wilhite makes that need a LITTLE less urgent in the draft (still a Day 1 pick though).

Is anyone concerned that Vrabel, Bruschi, Seau, Rodney, bring such an unquestionable thirst and desire for winning, that losing them will result in a less scrappy and mentally tough Patriots team?

It doesn't all come from the coach.

When Vrabel and Seau are out there still kicking arse yesterday, you can't let down if you're a young'un.

I'm imagining a lot has rubbed off on Wilfork, but can Harrison's joy of playing rub off on Meriweather? Kids like Asante Samuel never played a good amount of minutes on the Super Bowl teams, and I think it showed when he left.

Tom Brady on the offensive side is very gritty, and obviously he will not let that unit ever give up and die.

I think it puts a rest to anyone who doubted BB's ability as a HC.

Belichick's conferences today confirms the players and coaches are in for much needed REST after several years of basically playing year-round, having no real off-time, and going deep in the playoffs year after year.

Tom Brady on the offensive side is very gritty, and obviously he will not let that unit ever give up and die.

And, that at least, rubbed off on Cassel as well.

There is no Silver Lining.
We failed to get to the play-offs and now have to wait until next season.

All the rest is just security blankets to avoid early withdrawal symptoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back