PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Silver Lining to the Branch Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, very good post arellbee. I don't agree with it all but good post.

ClosingTime said:
Almost gametime here so I will just address brady2branch. I certainly don't think I have ever been disrespectful to anyone in particular here, to the fan base in general, or the Patriots as an organization. I have bestowed tons of praise for the Pats and also some criticism. And I have always let insults tossed my way go by the wayside. It does surprise me how little criticism there is of the FA dealings. I know there is the "In BB we trust" mantra that if they win he must be doing something right. Yes, something, many things in fact, but everything?
And just for the record, I think Branch is out of his mind on this whole scenario. If he didn't like the deal that was offered then shut up, play out the year and hit free agency. He's between a 20-30 top WR in the league when healthy and that is not that often. I just have to believe this situation could have been handled better on both sides, and didn't buy into the silver lining theory about negotiations with future RFA.
AS to why I post here, on aan opposing teams board, well I am from Boston, a Red Sox fan, but most significantly my entire family has converted, since we moved from Pennsylvania when I was 3, to being a Pats fan and most of my friends are PAts fans. So to put it in a nutshell I speak my mind here so I can hold my tongue, to a degree, witht he family and friends. Sorry but I'd rather argue with strangers than ruining a nice dinner over FA dealings. I know it;s perverse but the Internet is all about pervesion right?

And one last thing about the receiving corps debatre thatsomehow got infused into this thread. I think the 2001 and 2006 receiving corps are about equal. THere are many unknowns that could step up and prove me wrong. The point was/is that the 2001 offense was asked to do very little. The 2006 Pats team will have to rely much more on their offense. Oh, snap, I think I just opened up another can of worms by saying the 2006 D and special teams don't compare to the 2001.
It's all good fellas, we can get some Smuttynose, catch some tunes at the Middle East in C. Square and stumble over to Centerfolds some time.

It's all good, CT. All the disagreements had to do with your points of contention, not with you. You're good people and one of the fans from the other teams that I enjoy reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back