PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Semi-Official I'm A Little Concerned About Brady Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe we have scored 7 TD's between the Defense and ST's. We are running the ball more and we have played some pretty good defenses.

Not sure what there is to worry about? He has played two bad halves of football, 2H vs the Jets and the 1H yesterday.

Did you see the Jets game? Forcing deep balls to Moss like his name was Favre.

The ball he tried to force to Moss last night at the end of the game was terrible. They showed a replay and he had a receiver jumping up and down waiving his arms about 15 yards to the right of Moss wide open.

I didn't read the column yet, but one thing to consider is that I could see from the title that it was written from a fantasy football perspective. If you look at it from that angle the only things that count are yards and touchdowns; nothing else matters. In that world four turnovers is forgivable if you throw for 400 yards and three touchdowns even though you lost by 21. Lead you team to a victory in which you were never challenged with a 15/18, 149 yard 1 TD 0 INT day and you're a complete bum.

Just saying, consider the source. Average fantasy football numbers do not automatically mean a player is mediocre, nor do great fantasy football stats mean that person is the best in the NFL at his position.

Yet again, yards mean absolutely nothing. How hard a concept is this to grasp?

Originally Posted by convertedpatsfan
Hadn't heard that nickname for Rex before.

A Whale's Vagina = San Diego. From the movie "Anchorman".

I thought you meant sexy rexy too:bricks:

Did Brady **** your girlfriend, dude? ************, all I see you do around here is bash the guy.

Pete pops downers and then posts in the forum.

His presence is about as welcome as a fart in an oxygen tank.

Not for nothing, but San Diego does have the #1 rated pass defense and a pretty darned good pass rush and defense overall. Maybe it was less of what the Pats didn't do and what the Chargers did. Just saying. The Pats did also face the Jets and the Ravens so far, two pretty darn good defenses.

this is what boomer esiason said today fwiw

It Is What It Is Boomer Esiason on D&C: ‘Never think that you would win a game like that’

Out of the Chargers, Vikings, and Cowboys, what team is most likely to turn things around and get back in it?

I want to say the Chargers, simply because they’re in a division I think that they are clearly the best team. You can’t sit here and tell me that you’re watching that game yesterday, and it seemed like every third-and-long Philip Rivers converted in the second half. They’re missing a couple of their players on offense, they’re missing a few guys on defense.

When you watch that defense you think, “Damn they’re pretty good.” They stifled the Patriots in the first half. I bet you when you talk to Tom [Brady] a little bit later in the morning, you say, “Is that one of the toughest defenses you’ve played in the last couple of years?” I guarantee you he will tell you yes.

Wes Welker — four catches, 25 yards. Is this evidence that life for him will be more difficult without Randy Moss?

No. That’s a good defense you’re playing there yesterday, I’m telling you. And you’re on the road, not every game is going to be 8-9 catches and 75-80 yards. You can see, when those guys catch the ball yesterday, you see how fast the defense is on them? And the great thing I love about the Patriots receivers, OK, do you have guys who can stretch the field? Well maybe not just yet. But when they catch the ball, it is up the field, it’s first downs when they need to get first downs. The second half was certainly a little bit better than the first half. But I just think yesterday’s defense was — it was apparent to me just how good the San Diego Chargers are.
i guess the chargers D deserves some cred

I'm only worried as a fantasy owner of Tom Brady. Not at all concerned about him outside of that.

Though for what it's worth, he's on pace for a 3,632 yard, 29 TD, 11 INT season. Big dropoff in yardage but the TD and INT would be in line with what he did last season.

I swear some Pats Fans in here would trade a 5-1 record for a 1-5 record if Brady had thrown for 2,000 yards right now instead of his current 1,300 :rolleyes:

Last edited:
It's a fantasy football source. As such, its opinion doesn't count in world of real football.

Didn't really have a place to put this so I'll throw it in here. Somehow missed this gem from today's press conference with BB:

It's hard to really anticipate where a first year player that you haven't worked with will be. We've seen some players come in and have a big impact their rookie year, the Jerod Mayos of the world. We've had other players, Tom Brady, come in and do nothing his rookie year. He didn't contribute anything. He's turned out to be a good player.
:p

Bill Belichick Press Conference - 10/25/2010

I swear some Pats Fans in here would trade a 5-1 record for a 1-5 record if Brady had thrown for 2,000 yards right now instead of his current 1,300 :rolleyes:

Phillip Rivers leads the league in passing yards, how is that working out for his team?

Here is what you want to pay attention to:

FO Drive Stats

As long as the Pats stay in the top handful of teams in Drive Success Rate (DSR, Pats were #2 last week and may drop a little), Brady is doing fine. Considering the level of competition and the transitioning of new pieces into the offense (Branch, Tate, Hernandez, Gronk, Connelly, BJGE, Woodhead), he is actually doing remarkably well.

The offense is certainly a little unsettled, but they have had to "figure it out" on the fly. Unfortunately for Brady, this transition has happened against teams he traditionally has some difficulty with (all except Buffalo). Fortunately for Brady, the upcoming schedule gives him teams that he seems to do well against (Minn and Pitt)...and the remaining Jets/Fins games are at home.

Our best years came when Brady wasn't putting up monster #'s but efficient #'s. I wouldn't sweat it.

His accuracy is extremely good. He just doesn't throw the deep ball and I am happy w/ that fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes