PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Semi-Official I'm A Little Concerned About Brady Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady'sButtBoy

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
The Sporting News Fantasy section dredges up this tidbit today -
"After throwing for 4,398 yards last year and throwing for over 300 yards, seven times; Brady has yet to throw for over 300 yards in a game this season and has only thrown for 1,362 yards in six games. That puts him on pace for his lowest passing yardage total since 2006, when he threw for only 3,529 yards with 24 TDs and 12 INTs and Reche Caldwell was his leading receiver. Not bad numbers but not the numbers we have come to expect from Brady."

more here- Fantasy Source - Pro Football - Sporting News

Yes, yes, it's all about winning and we'd all take 2 more SB's over Tommy ever hitting 4,000yds again, I agree. But he has been up and down this year, hot one drive and ice cubed the next.

The schedule has something to do with it for certain - Cincy, NYB (the Jests), Baltimore and SD have top notch defenses and/or corners (or had them when we played them anyway). And while maybe not elite, Miami is hardly a cream puff on D as well.

But TB was so off at times in SD that I really began to wonder about: 1) his health, 2) The Minus Moss Factor, 3) The Insidious No Official OC Issue, and lastly, and a bit playfully, 4) Life with Gisele And The Kids Is Just Too Darn Good To Worry About Anything All That Much.

Before you have at it please note that irony beside, I am a TB fan and believer, not a troll. IMHO we'd have zero SB's without TB, and only that dimwit Asante Samuel's drop of a sure INT in the last SB separates TB from the pinnacle legend QB's - Montana and Bradshaw. Even so, I think TB may yet pass those two...

Brady wasn't off. The whole offense was off. It all starts with the play in the trenches.

In 2006 we got to the AFCC Game. I don't care how many yards he throws for and neither does he. Just win baby. A concept foreign to fantasy football.

The Sporting News Fantasy section dredges up this tidbit today -
"After throwing for 4,398 yards last year and throwing for over 300 yards, seven times; Brady has yet to throw for over 300 yards in a game this season and has only thrown for 1,362 yards in six games. That puts him on pace for his lowest passing yardage total since 2006, when he threw for only 3,529 yards with 24 TDs and 12 INTs and Reche Caldwell was his leading receiver. Not bad numbers but not the numbers we have come to expect from Brady."

more here- Fantasy Source - Pro Football - Sporting News

Yes, yes, it's all about winning and we'd all take 2 more SB's over Tommy ever hitting 4,000yds again, I agree. But he has been up and down this year, hot one drive and ice cubed the next.

The schedule has something to do with it for certain - Cincy, NYB (the Jests), Baltimore and SD have top notch defenses and/or corners (or had them when we played them anyway). And while maybe not elite, Miami is hardly a cream puff on D as well.

But TB was so off at times in SD that I really began to wonder about: 1) his health, 2) The Minus Moss Factor, 3) The Insidious No Official OC Issue, and lastly, and a bit playfully, 4) Life with Gisele And The Kids Is Just Too Darn Good To Worry About Anything All That Much.

Before you have at it please note that irony beside, I am a TB fan and believer, not a troll. IMHO we'd have zero SB's without TB, and only that dimwit Asante Samuel's drop of a sure INT in the last SB separates TB from the pinnacle legend QB's - Montana and Bradshaw. Even so, I think TB may yet pass those two...

before moss and JMcd came and we went to wide open passing games , his stats werent great compared to say manning. one of the reasons people never gave him enough credit vs manning and always said it was the defense and he is a game manager etc etc. Comparing him to 2003 stats wise might be more appropriate. Unfortunately people just decide who is good by stats not by actuality on the field.

If Tom made a few bad throws a game I'd be less nervous than when he makes early bad throws and looks stiff. I still think he's got some rotator cuff problems but what do I know.

Interestingly, Brady's name is being thrown a round for MVP this season far more than it was last year. :confused2:

Brady had a rough game. I expect that at least once a year.

Prior to this week he was the #1 rated QB in the league.

5) Or may its the hair. :D

to his credit he's going from Beiber to Lincecum.

capt.cc3dcbaef01848fe84a8b04ce907541a-cc3dcbaef01848fe84a8b04ce907541a-0.jpg

The patriots are 5-1

before moss and JMcd came and we went to wide open passing games , his stats werent great compared to say manning. one of the reasons people never gave him enough credit vs manning and always said it was the defense and he is a game manager etc etc. Comparing him to 2003 stats wise might be more appropriate. Unfortunately people just decide who is good by stats not by actuality on the field.

You're right, people have totally forgotten this. Prior to Moss, Brady used to average under 225 yards per game, 62% completion, and 24 TDs. From 2001 to 2006, Brady had only one 4,000 yard season and never completed more than 63.9% of his passes.

This season, his completion percentage is up, the TD and INT numbers look great, and his QB rating is the third-highest ever in his career (after the 2007 record-setting season and last season's "down" year). But most importantly, he's 5-1, the most important stat. I'll take the crappy yardage numbers so long as he keeps winning games.

As I said in the other thread, this offense is clearly in transition right now, and it starts with Brady. Don't discount the fact that he's gone from playing with the second greatest receiver of all time to losing him within a week. On top of that, the running game is missing it's starter in Fred Taylor and is trying to play with two undrafted free agents. One of them a severely undersized guy.

Two things will help this offense other than Taylor coming back and Brady getting acclimated to playing without Moss. That's the coaching staff allowing Gronkowski to run routes more often and Brandon Tate actually doing something... ANYTHING... in the passing game.

Brady was throwing it at receivers' feet early in the game.

he needs to get better or get a hair cut. long hair is a privilege that only the top QBs should get. you don't play well, you get your stupid hair cut.

It is amazing what 2007 did to some Patriots fans and what they expect from the offense and Tom Brady. The offense isnt even as close to as talented as what it was in 2007. It seems that some fans expect Brady to throw for 300+ yards every week and 3 TDs. That just isnt going to happen every week now. The Patriots are a different team now, they a possession team. A team that is going to control the game and not make mistakes. They arent going to be as flashy as the '07 team was. It doesnt mean that Brady is having a bad season just because he isnt throwing for 300 yards every week. He isnt making any mistakes, that is the most important thing. He has only thrown 4 INTs all season, one of which was a hail marry in the end zone I believe. That is the key stat. He also has a 4th quarter comeback, and 2 road wins something that was a huge problem last season. With the offense that Brady is working with he is having an outstanding season no matter what the stats may be.

Not for nothing, but San Diego does have the #1 rated pass defense and a pretty darned good pass rush and defense overall. Maybe it was less of what the Pats didn't do and what the Chargers did. Just saying. The Pats did also face the Jets and the Ravens so far, two pretty darn good defenses.

I'm not at all concerned about Brady.

Now if you want to change the title to being a little concerned about the offense which really hasn't played well the last 3 games, I'd agree.

Not for nothing, but San Diego does have the #1 rated pass defense and a pretty darned good pass rush and defense overall. Maybe it was less of what the Pats didn't do and what the Chargers did. Just saying. The Pats did also face the Jets and the Ravens so far, two pretty darn good defenses.

Baltimore has the 8th ranked pass defense while A Whale's Vagina has the 1st ranked pass defense.

It is amazing what 2007 did to some Patriots fans and what they expect from the offense and Tom Brady. The offense isnt even as close to as talented as what it was in 2007. It seems that some fans expect Brady to throw for 300+ yards every week and 3 TDs. That just isnt going to happen every week now. The Patriots are a different team now, they a possession team. A team that is going to control the game and not make mistakes. They arent going to be as flashy as the '07 team was. It doesnt mean that Brady is having a bad season just because he isnt throwing for 300 yards every week. He isnt making any mistakes, that is the most important thing. He has only thrown 4 INTs all season, one of which was a hail marry in the end zone I believe. That is the key stat. He also has a 4th quarter comeback, and 2 road wins something that was a huge problem last season. With the offense that Brady is working with he is having an outstanding season no matter what the stats may be.

Exactly, and he makes plays when you need a big play, he controls the offense and eats clock when its crucial in the game. He never gives games away, ala favre

Did you see the Jets game? Forcing deep balls to Moss like his name was Favre.

That's what happens when you're trying to make a guy feel like he's a part of the offense.

Interestingly, Brady's name is being thrown a round for MVP this season far more than it was last year. :confused2:

Seriously. People need to calm down, Brady is having a solid season and is easily responsible for most of the Patriots success. Brady is human and he will miss throws from time to time just like Peyton and Drew Brees. Two of the best qbs in the NFL looked like **** yesterday (Brees and Rogders) against defenses that aren't the Ravens and Chargers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing