Welcome to PatsFans.com

The SECOND Stimulus....

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatriotsReign, Jul 5, 2009.

1. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +417 / 4 / -15

#18 Jersey

I was just watching CNN with John King and I heard him actually say,

"It may still be too early to know if a SECOND stimulus will be necessary"

Are you effin' kiddin??

In my opinion, ANYONE who supports a second stimulus is an idiot of the 10th degree...again, just my own opinion.

America is frikkn' broke folks!! What kind of people could rationalize making the USA look stupid in front of the entire world? Never mind ensuring that the current crisis becomes both deeper and longer.

NO MORE STIMULUS'S'S'S'S'S.... :mad:

2. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Remember what obama said last feb? the only way to recover was to SPEND SPEND SPEND and his supporters was in it.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2009
  3. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +417 / 4 / -15

#18 Jersey

I pray this never happens.

4. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +417 / 4 / -15

#18 Jersey

I'm bumping this because I can't believe no one has anything to say on this matter yet ridiculous & insignificant threads are being commented upon. Are we being that "dummed-down"?

5. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,153 / 13 / -27

#87 Jersey

It's called shell shock PR ... a bad dream ... the Twilight Zone.

Yes ... the Twilight Zone is a good analogy ... it is not a dream. :bricks:

6. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,153 / 13 / -27

#87 Jersey

Blaming Obama is a very shallow opinion NEP.
    This is America's fault for voting in a democratic majority.
    Any majority in Congress or the senate is bad ... hopefully it changes in 2010 / 2012.

7. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +534 / 13 / -14

#24 Jersey

All he and Nancy know how to do is spend money. Of course, they aren't spending it on stuff which will sustain growth, they're just spending on one off projects which will have no value beyond the project's completion. These people are idiots. Heck, Nancy's big reason to support Cap&Tax is jobs. Jobs ? From a tax on everything ? She must think we're stupid.

8. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Lets see, four years for the Iraq invasion to stop being an unmitigated disaster, 4 months for our economy.

Seems about par for the course.

Maybe if Obama called it a 'Surge' in spending the Republicans would wait more than five seconds to call it a disaster.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2009
  9. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +417 / 4 / -15

#18 Jersey

I'm not blaming anything on anyone. NEP is lost...and sad.

But I have to say "if" a second stimulus is passed, what is a bad dream will become our worst nightmare.

Think about all the stimulus's's's's so far. The ones for the financial industry and the ones for the auto industry...and let's ask ourselves how they've worked out. The ones we gave the auto industry were a total waste of money.

10. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +417 / 4 / -15

#18 Jersey

Keep in mind I'm a democrat who voted for Obama....

11. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +534 / 13 / -14

#24 Jersey

There we go . . . Iraq. All Democrats can do is blame Iraq like was just done or blame Bush like Biden did this morning. Things are worse than the obamans said would happen without the stimulus and way worse then they said would happen with it; and all they can do is blame Bush or talk about another stimulus. Meanwhile my kids go further into debt.

12. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Even still I'm starting to see real potential in calling the spending a 'Surge'.

Time to go start a thread on Democratic Underground methinks.

13. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +580 / 6 / -2

14. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +534 / 13 / -14

#24 Jersey

15. godef

godef In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

No one blames it on Iraq, it's just the hypocrisy behind all of it.

16. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +417 / 4 / -15

#18 Jersey

To me, the issue is, "don't insult us with another stimulus". The only reason the gov't wants to do it is to quiet the masses and get votes. Using printed money to fuel the economy has never worked before and it won't work this time. A capitalist economy gets out of balance now then and the only thing that will fix it is the laws of supply and demand.

Just like the only thing that will "fix" the real estate industry is pricing people can afford. I laugh when I hear people saying, "Prices can't go any lower"...YES, THEY CAN AND THEY WILL.

17. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +417 / 4 / -15

#18 Jersey

Here's a great article that discusses why another stimulus can NOT possibly change the direction of the economy. As a matter of fact, it tells us why ANY stimulus won't help...even the first one!!!! :mad:

"In short, no amount of artificial stimulus can possibly work because government cannot allocate capital in an efficient manner (repairing roads that do not need to be repaired is proof enough). This is something that academic wonks trapped in their ivory towers apparently will never understand."

Since our economy was eff'd up by irresponsible spending and accumulation of debt, how can gov't irresponsible spending and accumulation of debt fix anything? Hello all rocket scientists??? :rolleyes: This is not an opinion, it's fact born out by historical FACT. As an example, can anyone provide us with an example of gov't spending getting a capitalist economy out of recession?.....ANYONE??? Bueller?

Mish's Global Economic Trend Analysis: No Amount of Stimulus Will Work

Last edited: Jul 6, 2009
  18. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,153 / 13 / -27

#87 Jersey

I think ... with no proof of numbers that the best way would have been to attack the problem on 2 fronts.

1: The government should have made mortgages or government backed mortgages at 0% to 3% ... depending on what people could afford based on historical salary of say the last 3-5 years. people most likely to fail would get the 0% loans.

2: Immediate abolishment of all corporate taxes for companies that do at least 75% or so of their business in the country. By do business I mean employ people in this country. Property tax breaks for all companies with the government picking up the tab for 3 years or so. Local cities and towns would not lose tax money to failing and bankrupt businesses.

Obama alluded to #2 during the campaign but he did not give it a high enough priority. Manufacturing is something like 15% of the economy so start there. The quickest way to spur an economy is tax breaks whether they be corporate or individual because the money does not get caught in a logjam ... it is almost immediate as investors go open wallet on investment.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2009
  19. alvinnf

alvinnf In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0

Not only that, but the sheep fail to realize, that today's glad handing with Putin had less to do with disarmament and everything to do with accessing the back door to Afghanistan. What's good for the goose is not good for the gander in our country.

20. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +721 / 2 / -9

Obama groupies won't touch this thread with a ten foot poll, their obsessed with Sarah Palin.

Obama and his gang of thugs are going to turn America into another California.

YES WE CAN
    THE CHANGE YOU CAN BELEIVE IN IS YOUR GOING TO BE ROBBED BLIND BY AMERICA'S BEAUTIFUL PRINCE AND HIS FRIGGIN TELEPROMPTERS.