PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Sebastian Vollmer [OFFICIAL] Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarkDawg

Banned
Reaction score
As you all know by know he was my favorite pick of the draft.......

I did a little research on him just now.... I knew he was a solid player and scouts projected him as a RT. He changed positions and grew into his body and still has more room to grow etc etc etc.....

1). One thing I did not know is that in 2006 he underwent a major "back surgery". For what idk..... anybody know how he hurt himself? What kind of back injury was it?

I knew he played TE for a bit, which leads me to another question....

2). I Love Vollmer at LT...... granted his past position played can you see the Patriots on the field with him playing TE for a trick play?

Any Injury History besides the back or what he did to hurt the back would be nice to know.:D

Im sure he has already lined up in the TE position as an extra lineman a few times this season when Light was still healthy.

Im sure he has already lined up in the TE position as an extra lineman a few times this season when Light was still healthy.

I believe the OP means a Vrabel-like TE who could, you know, actually catch the ball. ;)

Not sure where I heard it/read it but the Pats want Vollmer to add another 20 to 30 lbs to his frame. 6'8" 350? wow.

There were 59 O-linemen invited to the combine last year. Evidently, Vollmer was rated no higher than the 60th-best OL prospect last year by the NFL's draft experts.

Last edited:
Not sure where I heard it/read it but the Pats want Vollmer to add another 20 to 30 lbs to his frame. 6'8" 350? wow.

That makes no sense. Our O-linemen (bar O'Callaghan) have never been that big.

Oh I agree. When I heard/read that, I concluded that BB wanted to add more power/beef to the running game and believing that Vollmer would not lose any of the agility he currenly possesses at what is he 312lbs?

He's got the height to add that though, and if they think we won't lose any mobility why not add the girth?

As for Vollmer on a goalline trick play catching the ball ala Vrabel, if he has any hands you know he'd be WIDE open, at least the first time they did it. No team is going to see him line up as a TE on the goal line and think he's running a quick out. They'll read run first every time.

He's got the height to add that though, and if they think we won't lose any mobility why not add the girth?

As for Vollmer on a goalline trick play catching the ball ala Vrabel, if he has any hands you know he'd be WIDE open, at least the first time they did it. No team is going to see him line up as a TE on the goal line and think he's running a quick out. They'll read run first every time.

that is what i mean..... If you can establish this extra value and scenario of what he can do other than play LT........ it will make other teams be cautious and wonder"(hmmm wtf r these PATS up to now?)". When the self questioning comes from the opposing side then other plays will succeed on our end because less attention is awarded to that 1 scenario.

"Expect the unexpected sort of scenario" :) It will be on a teams mind, thus making our offense more dynamic.:)

Vollmer- Height: 6-8 Weight: 315

yes they do expect him to add upwards to at least 30lbs..... he has a big frame

no one knows what injury to the back it was?

This thread has nothing to do w/ the LT thread...... who ever just bumped that old thread made me mad...... :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Do not merge the 2 because this is about Vollmer in General........ not just at LT

this is where we should talk, praise, acknowledge and brag about our newest acquisition.

If your not on the bandwagon yet...... climb aboard. I've been driving this bus.

he had a herniated disc injury....

found that out yesterday

Whomever gave him the nickname of, "The Berlin Wall" should trademark that and sell it to him.

Kon I hope he has grown on you :)

I've always liked him. Check my post history. I'm not getting on the Vollmer to LT, Light to RT bandwagon though. Give Vollmer RT and Light LT when Light is healthy.

I've always liked him. Check my post history. I'm not getting on the Vollmer to LT, Light to RT bandwagon though. Give Vollmer RT and Light LT when Light is healthy.

fair enough.....

I personally would like to see an alternating scenario between the two.
If Light matches up poorly against player x..... then Vollmer plays
Same scenario woul pertain to Vollmer.

my only concern is we have 2 legit LT's........ wouldnt you want to groom Vollmer into this position? I see your argument and accept.... Vollmer can play both well and playing vollmer at RT and Light at LT is the strongest link.

from a develpomental standpoint wouldnt Vollmer @ LT make the most sense?

I am all for alternating btw.... what ever is best for the Patriots:)

Vollmer- Height: 6-8 Weight: 315

yes they do expect him to add upwards to at least 30lbs..... he has a big frame

no one knows what injury to the back it was?

Yea, BB himself has said Sebastian has the frame to play at around 340-350lbs. They hope he can add some weight, while keeping his mobility.

OT: I got to get around to changing my sig sometime....Seymour's been gone for awhile now

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye