Welcome to PatsFans.com

The season is over but Patriots still win!!!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by atomdomb, Jan 20, 2010.

1. atomdomb

atomdomb Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Thank you to the Patriots in Massachusetts for the "shot heard round the world II." A stunning victory with hopefully many more to come.
  2. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +884 / 6 / -16

#87 Jersey

Rah ... :woot:
  3. DisgruntledTunaFan

DisgruntledTunaFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

The landslide of the Dems in 2006 was supposed to put Bush and Cheney behind bars, and throw away the key, right? NOT! Our troops were supposed to be withdrawn from Iraq, right? NOT!

IF Brown speaks out against the Federal Reserve, HAARP, the hate crime bill, eugenics, et al, then there's a GOOD chance I'll have respect for him.
  4. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Its not like the Dems were actually USING the majority...

calling this a "victory" and "Shot heard around the world" is about as dumb as being down by 35 points with 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter, getting a first down and celebrating like you won the lottery.

Last time I checked it was 58 democrats who cant agree, 2 Independents who are polar opposites, 39 republicans...and Brown....who ran as an IND, so....1 tea Party person....

58 is more than 39
    58 is more than 2
    58 is more than 1

Infact, for you math wizards out there... Even if you take Bernie Sandars add him to your new opposition.....you still only have 42 votes....

I'm not sure what you people are celebrating?

NOTHING was getting done with a supposid 60 vote SUPER MAJORITY....so who cares?
  5. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +436 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

They were going to, they just thought they had until November so there was no need to rush healthcare through. They would have used the 60 so pass the healthcare bill (I know, not a single payer like you wanted but still the Dems healthcare bill).
  6. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Ummm.....

as a liberal, who wants health insurance reform...I think this was a bad bill. I don't support it, and if you think that electing Brown to the Senate will stop this bill, then I'm all for the voters of MASS...good job!

BUt to treat this special election as a reform on last years election if reDONKulous. As I wrote, you have a minority, and its not a slim margin.

Next year there will be 2 more democrats retiring....oh....and SIX republicans.

Lets talk after the election...because even if you sweep ALL 8 .... there will still be a stalemate.
  7. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +436 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

I know the ultra lefties didn't like it - whatever, as long as Frankenstein gets stopped the more people who are happy about it the better.

A stalemate is fine. I'm good with stalemates and I'm good with slow, well thought out change. I am NOT good with huge changes that the people don't want being ram rodded up our asses.
  8. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

A stalemate is what I want. It's the only time effective legislation happens. When both sides concerns are placed in bills and moderation is applied is what most people in the country want.

They don't want uber leftist agendas, they don't want uber righty agendas.

They want balance. This is the message that the Brown election is all about.
  9. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Its funny, coming from those who support Browns uber right agenda to want "balance"

and its also funny because the congressional BS thats going on right now, ISN'T what the american people mandated in the last national election. They overwhelmingly supported a leftist agenda FOR SURE.

NOw I hear all of the supporters of Brown, and the tea baggers calling this the shot heard round the world etc etc...

well, as with most of the conservative stance....WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?

Lets see...

Bush Overspends us into an endless war....its cool with CONS ---- Obama passes the Stimulous, CONS complain about spending...

Obama wins on a refom election, the house winds a democratic majority, and there is a 60-40 split in the Senate----CONS claim its a "Center Right electorate"....Then Brown wins the Mass Senate seat, and its a total reform on Obama....

WHAT?????

its so dumb....it confuses the feeble minded into cheers and praises of "Wait and see"

are you all really this stupid?
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  10. DisgruntledTunaFan

DisgruntledTunaFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Just wanted to give a heads up here...

For those of you who aren't familiar with Benjamine Creme - he's the same guy that's been going around the world(and works for the UN) promoting Maitreya as this 'one world teacher', and how he's going to bring (false)peace et al to everyone, and it will happen right after the economy goes into a big depression, WW3 happens, and from the ashes of it will rise Maitreya(he will be THE antichrist described in Daniel and Revelations - will talk more below).

Anyhow - Creme said that it will be Maitreya who will provide universal health care when all is said and done(among other things like he will also be the only one who will merge a peace agreement b/w the Israelis and the Palestineans).

Look - this is GREAT news that Obama's health care bill won't pass, but it WILL EVENTUALLY get one, and by this Maitreya guy - do NOT be fooled by Maitreya...he IS Satan, as described in the bible. The tv networks already have booked interviews at the time of his emergence(which could be in the near future).
  11. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

See, you just don't get it. If you think "the Cons" are the ones who voted Brown in you really don't understand MA. If you think Brown is a Ultra righty, you don't understand what they are either.

The far left does not understand real America. They mistook Obama's election as a mandate. America didn't want Bush, that does not mean they want Obama's agenda either. They wanted what he promised, not what he is delivering.

Don't listen to me though. Watch what happens this November. We are done talking, the far left refuses to listen. The people of this great nation have awoke and are pissed. I'll even give you a hanky so you can cry me a river.