PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Seahawks board is VERY confident

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats_AZ

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Just went on a Seahawks board to see what they are saying and boy they are pretty confident! Good for them! I just thought it was funny that they are talking like they've won 3 SBs, been there 5 times and have been the most dominate consistent team of the past 13 years! Haha. One dude called it the "Seahawks effect"...after they beat a team, that team is no good afterwards and is forced to rebuild. If you just landed on our planet and went on their board you'd think they were....the Patriots! Haha.

They probably feel the same way we felt in 2005 against the Eagles. I didn't think there was a chance in hell we were going to lose that Super Bowl, and even when it was tight I felt good we were going to come through in the end. Winning it all, then being right back there the next year would give any fan base a sense of invincibility.

• Agree
Reactions: SVN
Just went on a Seahawks board to see what they are saying and boy they are pretty confident! Good for them! I just thought it was funny that they are talking like they've won 3 SBs, been there 5 times and have been the most dominate consistent team of the past 13 years! Haha. One dude called it the "Seahawks effect"...after they beat a team, that team is no good afterwards and is forced to rebuild. If you just landed on our planet and went on their board you'd think they were....the Patriots! Haha.
They won the last Superbowl 43-8, they should be confident. That said, the Pats have never been this healthy in a Superbowl and this years team is mentally tough.

A lot of the media talk is all Seahawks.

Whats Lynch going to say if he wins MVP

They won the last Superbowl 43-8, they should be confident. That said, the Pats have never been this healthy in a Superbowl and this years team is mentally tough.

........ and infinitly more talented on Defense as the last 2 teams we went to the SB with (and lost).

Name the last dominant D to lose a SB. I can't. They should be confident. But GB had them on the ropes in their building. On neutral ground we'll see how they fare.

I was completly confident ne was going to go into the first giants superbowl and rape eli manning right on the field in front of 100+ million people.. that didnt work out so well for me

Not sure just how neutral it will be. I think their fan base will easily outnumber the Pats out in Ariz.

It won't be like Seattle where you can't hear yourself think.

And I'm really confident that I'm going to have a bowel movement soon.
Doesn't mean it's going to happen...

-Jamman

I think both teams probably feel really good about their teams.

Neither team had an easy path, or easy season. Both are mentally strong

I don't think the Hawks have been tested that much this season. Some pretty sorry QB's down the stretch. They beat a mediocre Panthers team and then needed all-universe-bad coaching from McCarthy and some luck to beat a gimpy Rodgers at home. I don't think they are as dominant as they were last year. Without Bryant, Mebane and Clemons up front they will not be able to apply as much pressure and having a banged-up Sherman and Thomas is not going to help them against our passing attack.

If I were a Seahawks fan, I'd feel really good about my team too.

They have a damn good team.
They have a damn good coach.
They finished the season strong.
They played badly and still beat the Packers (i.e., survived a scare and won't likely come out flat again) in the NFCCG.
They demolished the Broncos in last year's SB.
They are playing in a stadium with which they are familiar because they already play one game a season there and have won their last two games on site 35--6 and 34--22. Not to mention the fact that they are playing a team that is still haunted by its last SB in the same stadium.
They are playing against a team that has been distracted for the last ten days.

That's not to say that I'm not confident in our guys, just that it ain't crazy to feel confident if you're a Seattle fan.

I don't think the Hawks have been tested that much this season. Some pretty sorry QB's down the stretch. They beat a mediocre Panthers team and then needed all-universe-bad coaching from McCarthy and some luck to beat a gimpy Rodgers at home. I don't think they are as dominant as they were last year. Without Bryant, Mebane and Clemons up front they will not be able to apply as much pressure and having a banged-up Sherman and Thomas is not going to help them against our passing attack.
Good point, plus they were 20th in sacks (37), so it's not like our O-Line is facing the Steel Curtain. I really feel it's all about the Pats O-Line. If they play well, the Pats should win. Seahawks have a small, fast D-Line, so if they can open up holes for Blount/Vereen/Gray, and keep Brady from getting hit TOO much, I think the Pats can win. Also, to beat the blitz, I hope the Pats use screen passes as well. It's worked well vs teams who blitz in the past.

Since Thanksgiving the Arrogant Seahags have faced:

Kraepernick, The Sanchize, Kraepernick Again, Cardinals's 3rd stringer (whomever that was), Shaun Hill, Cam Newton and Aaron Rodgers playing at 75%? Last loss was vs. KC 24-20 on Nov. 16th. Lynch ran for 124 yards and Wilson threw two TDs, but Jamal Charles had 159 yards and two TDs. The other TD came from a Knile Davis run. Alex Smith only threw for 108 yards.

Perhaps Blount and Vereen will be the stars on Sun?

Fans exuding confidence in a forum will have little bearing on the outcome Sunday.

IIRC, most of us were feeling similar levels of confidence before the AFCDR game against the Jets in 2011.

How did that turn out?

The game will be one by the team that executes assignments and makes in-game adjustments better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes