PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Sanctioned FA 4PM Tracker Thread (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was a fav of Aqua4ever's when the Phins drafted him before trading him away to the SeaHags. Wilfork destroyed him.
Re Samson Satele
Wasn't he the pick the Dolphins used with the draft pick they got in the Welker trade????? IIRC he was the second rounder and the 7th rounder turned into Abraham Wright ( had to look that one up)......

Last edited:
I'd love to be there when Manning and Porter talk to each other as teammates for the first time.

Good signing 4 mill is a little high for average jag defensive back treatment, he's still young and will learn alot from Bailey so he could improve, but I think Will Allen is better value for 3 mill less, and the fact the draft seems deep for above average defensive back talent.

Good signing 4 mill is a little high for average jag defensive back treatment, he's still young and will learn alot from Bailey so he could improve, but I think Will Allen is better value for 3 mill less, and the fact the draft seems deep for above average defensive back talent.

I would've saved the money given to Slater, Niko, Tracy White, Marcus Harrison & Will Allen
and signed Tracy Porter & the LawFirm instead.
Signing Larson, who can play a little of both FB & ILB, now makes Niko & White superfluous.

I would've saved the money given to Slater, Niko, Tracy White, Marcus Harrison & Will Allen
Signing Larson, who can play a little of both FB & ILB, now makes Niko & White superfluous.

I see both sides of this, you can lose 5 to 7 role players for 2 average to above average starters, and that sounds like a good plan in some context.
Although when you think of the rash of injuries this team has had over the years especially to the O line and secondary.
Then building strong depth even at the back end of the roster is crucial.
The draft is a crap shoot once you get past the first 60 to 80 players.
Do you really want a rookie pressed into spot duty god forbid to protect Brady against some of the premier lines in the NFL, or do you want journeyman Molden and Ihedigbo play big roles in a Superbowl?

A football team is only as strong as the bottom half of the roster and the Patriots are currently building strong depth, which I honestly believe they have about 3 to 4 players as must haves in this draft, and will move accordingly to snatch those players.
If Wallace is true and he's not looking for the moon and can be had for Santonio Holmes type money than parting with that first is awful tempting.

Bottom line is I don't trust any front office building a team more than I do BB and co.

It wouldn't add up. Those 5 guys (4 really because Harrison probably isnt even in the top 51) take up a net total of less than either of those guys would. We do play special teams too.

Denver finally signed another former Colt, TE Jacob Tamme. 3 years $9M.

Last edited:
anyone else think it's unfair to sign a UFA (Stanton) then trade him to move up a round in the draft a week later?

If it was BB, everyone would be shouting about a loophole that needs to be closed next year.

anyone else think it's unfair to sign a UFA (Stanton) then trade him to move up a round in the draft a week later?

If it was BB, everyone would be shouting about a loophole that needs to be closed next year.

Without a doubt there would be a lot of noise from the peanut gallery if the Patriots had done that.

At least it cost the Jets a half million in both real dollars as well as cap space (Stanton's signing bonus) to make that move.

lmao @ 'unfair'

no, it just makes the colts look ******ed

lmao @ 'unfair'

no, it just makes the colts look ******ed

:confused:

Apparently the Jets are on the hook for the $.5 million, so the Colts just got their backup QB on the cheap, for the cost of a late 6th round pick, and they also got a high 7th kicked back their way in the deal:

Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reports that the Jets gave up Stanton and a seventh-round pick that originally belonged to the Jaguars for a sixth-round pick from the Colts that originally belonged to the Eagles.

Jets trade Drew Stanton to Colts | ProFootballTalk

How do the Colts come off looking bad with that deal?

Last edited:
Colts sign WR Donnie Avery

Twitter @JimIrsay

Roster move: acquired Drew Stanton in a trade with the New York Jets and agreed to terms with WR Donnie Avery​

Colts sign Donnie Avery | ProFootballTalk

Donnie Avery, who played eight games with the Titans after missing the entire 2010 season with a torn ACL, has signed with the team as a free agent. Owner Jim Irsay announced the move, without any contract terms, via Twitter on Friday afternoon.

Avery was the first wide receiver selected in the 2008 Draft, 33rd pick overall, and caught 100 passes across his first two seasons with the Rams. He got hurt in the 2010 preseason, though, and didn’t survive final cuts in 2011. He signed with the Titans but only caught three passes in the final week of the season. Speed is his major weapon, some would say his only weapon, although no one saw enough of him last season to know if he’s still got the same jets he did before the injury.

As of now, Avery would be the Colts’ third receiver behind Reggie Wayne and Austin Collie. We’d expect more competition for that job to be added to the roster before the start of next season.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down