PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The San Diego "sack theory" explained

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if you factor in the Chargers being 1/16 (6.25%) of their opponents' schedule (2/16 and 12.5% for divisional foes), they have sacked almost every opponent more than their season average.
Fine. When did I say the Charger pass rush is average ???? I would expect them to have sacked the opponents more than their average and wouldn't be surprised if they sack the Patriots for more than their average of a little less than 2 a game (29 in 16 games). Fine we'll give you three - even four. Just don't expect 7 and don't expect Brady to get hit on every throw.

Yeah, their D has enjoyed playing against the bottom offenses in the league for 81 percent of their games. And they STILL give up 18.9 per, even after playing the bottom 3 offensive teams 4 times. We should be able to top at least 20 against them.
Their offense had a pretty balanced schedule, so what you see is what you get, playing 7 against some pretty good Ds. What worries me is that they owned Denver, which IMO has the most similarity to our bend/don't break defense. However, we our second to top dog Baltimore who gave up a small 13 to LT and friends.

Last edited:
-------------------

Who's your wideout again? LOL.

Reche "Bolt Reject" Caldwell.

[sarcasm]Yeah you're right - we've really swung and missed with those Chargers castoffs in the past.[/sarcasm]

Lol we can rush anyone you guys are again reaching on this point. It's not like you guys have had the best pass protection anyways from what I hear and read. What is your rank???

you couldn't rush tennessee

Last edited:
6% vs. Denver ( 2 games) and the 25th rated passing offense : 4

5% vs. Buffalo and the 28th ranked passing offense : 3

3% vs. Cincinnatti and the 6th ranked passing offense : 2

0% vs. Tennessee and the 30th ranked offense: 0 sacks: 0

:D

For New England - common oponents:

Buffalo - 3 + 2;
Denver - 0;
Cincinnatti - 4;
Tennessee - 5;

14 in 5 games against 9...

For New England - common oponents:

Buffalo - 3 + 2;
Denver - 0;
Cincinnatti - 4;
Tennessee - 5;

14 in 5 games against 9...

Wow, that's impressive. Of course, you lost to Denver and we beat them twice, so what's more impressive?

We won the game 40-8 were up 20-0 at half and they only had the ball for 20 minutes the whole game! Plus vince young is elusive as it is. Needless to say we played back and they got a LAST MINUTE td or it would've been 40-0 AND our 2nd straight shutout. So don't get all excited over 0 sacks against tennesee. Really I believe we did get a sack that wasn't noted. I believe it was cesaire and merriman on the play on young someone who can remember that play better will say. Stop reaching man the stats are going to support the Chargers in every way because we win.

you almost lost to the cardinals and the raiders :D

you almost lost to the cardinals and the raiders :D

We didn't almost lose to the Cardinals. We were up 27-7 late in the third quarter. We pulled some starters and gave up some garbage time points, but we were never in danger of losing that game. But you guys did lose to Miami and came just as close to losing to the Lions as we did to losing to the Raiders.

We didn't almost lose to the Cardinals. We were up 27-7 late in the third quarter. We pulled some starters and gave up some garbage time points, but we were never in danger of losing that game. But you guys did lose to Miami and came just as close to losing to the Lions as we did to losing to the Raiders.

but you almost lost to the cardinals :D

but you almost lost to the cardinals :D

If being up 27-7 late in the third and pulling out your starters is "coming close to losing," then I gues you have a point. But wait a minute, it's not coming close to losing, so you don't have a point.

the dolphins beat the bears.

the cardinals beat... well seattle, the same team you brag about beating :D

And the Cardinals would have beaten the Bears if not for the mother of all choke jobs.

Beating the Bears is not exactly a major feat.

And the Cardinals would have beaten the Bears if not for the mother of all choke jobs.

Beating the Bears is not exactly a major feat.

neither is beating seattle or KC.

you lost to the only real team you faced all year: baltimore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back