PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Saints Will Be In Lousiana Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

drpatriot

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2275139

"An agreement in principle struck between owner Tom Benson and NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue will return the New Orleans Saints to Louisiana for practice in 2006, and likely for the entire regular-season schedule."

I personally think that they should just let lousiana be. they should pay all the people money to build homes elsewear...
its just gunna get hit again by another hurricaine and all the money and time we are putting into it right now is just gunna go to waste.

:( its such a tragedy:(

As the articel indicates, the NFL will likely get sued by the owner. The league cannot force a team not to move. The siuation is tragic, but forcing a region to focus on building football stadiums and forcing owners to lose money is just not our system.

mgteich said:
As the articel indicates, the NFL will likely get sued by the owner. The league cannot force a team not to move. The siuation is tragic, but forcing a region to focus on building football stadiums and forcing owners to lose money is just not our system.

Oh Great! We have another AL Davis in our midst.

Louisiana has far greater problems than trying to retain money losing major league sports teams. It needs to rebuild its infrastructure and its economy. So does nieghboring Mississippi.

mgteich said:
Why do you say that? An NFL owner signs an agreement when he gets a franchise which requires him to abide by league rules. In the case the rule that applies is that an owner must get approval from the league (I believe it requires 3/4 of the owners to vote yea, possibly 2/3) before he can move the team. I know Al Davis has sued the league over this (and other things), but I don't believe he has ever won a suit... has he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back