PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Safety and it's implications on the final Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

yopats

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Please .. I'm no Eric Wilbur so please don't shoot the messenger but I can't help but think if that saftey doesn't happen the score on that final drive is 17-13 and the pats D would have been able to play things much differently..

1. It makes the Giants have to go for the Touchdown on that final drive and not just us giving them that TD.
  2. even if they score it gives the pats have the ability to tie with a FG

Bottom line is we made all the mistakes in this game and it cost us... and the Giants made all the plays

my .02

Last edited:
That's assuming that everything in the game would have gone exactly as it did without the safety.

It happened on the first play of the game so however the game unraveled afterwards is just how it went. The Giants made the key plays, we didn't, they'd have won safety or not.

Merloni had a good analogy..If a short stop makes an error in the 1st inning leading to 3 runs, but you are ahead in the 8th inning 6-3...is it his fault if they lose?

This defense does not make the stop when they have to..that is the bottom line. The gave up 9+ play drives the entire game..not 1 3 and out. This keeps the Pats offense of the field.

Giants would still score the touchdown on the final drive. Not trying to bash the defense (they played a great game), but it's becoming a trademark of the Pats D to let whatever team we're playing walk down the field and score at the end of the game.

Getting a lot of .02 cents threads here today. Must be a backlog in the venting thread or PS...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes